• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't access PV with a VPN

Don922

To those of you using a VPN how did you get it to work with Prime Video? When I connect to my VPN (NordVPN) I get the following message from Prime.

Your device is connected to the Internet using a VPN or proxy service. Please disable it and try again. For more help, go to amazon.com/pv-vpn.

How did you get it to work?

try a different city

edit: PS: if you do it too often you might trigger "impossible traveller" alert on the provider end, how they deal with that is unknown...

Enable vpn to country, change zone in AnyStream, restart AnyStream, done.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I had multiple issues with Nord. Started using Express with no issues.

To those of you using a VPN how did you get it to work with Prime Video? When I connect to my VPN (NordVPN) I get the following message from Prime.

Your device is connected to the Internet using a VPN or proxy service. Please disable it and try again. For more help, go to amazon.com/pv-vpn.

How did you get it to work?

I've noticed that prime limits content when using VPN. It even complains when using a local vpn connection in the US.
I'm curious, but do you actually see additional prime content when using VPN connected to a different country/region?

I use NordPVN and only set the AS program to use VPN and not my entire computer which is a nice feature.
*** Settings > Split tunneling > Enable VPN for selected apps only > Add apps (button) > AnyStream ***

Thanks...

Never noticed content being limited by VPN (I also use Nord). In fact the only way to access some content is using a VPN.

What’s an example of what you have seen limited?

I know this isn't really an AS question, but I thought this thread might be a good place to ask if anyone has noticed that Prime lists some content that "Isn't Available" in your area, no matter what VPN settings you might use? For example, if anyone can view The Gods Must Be Crazy on PV, I would be very interested in knowing how. I've tried every region in my VPN. (I use Norton.) Why would Prime list something that isn't accessible anywhere? Weird.

I tried setting the country as suggested. I am in the US and attaching to US servers but still get the message from Prime that I am connected to a VPN and I can't download because the option is not available. I also tried downloading from NF and AS crashed. I opened a new topic on that and attached the dump file.

I know this isn't really an AS question, but I thought this thread might be a good place to ask if anyone has noticed that Prime lists some content that "Isn't Available" in your area, no matter what VPN settings you might use? For example, if anyone can view The Gods Must Be Crazy on PV, I would be very interested in knowing how. I've tried every region in my VPN. (I use Norton.) Why would Prime list something that isn't accessible anywhere? Weird.

It’s not available on Prime or any streaming service (did some searching and it is confirmed it’s not available anywhere). You can still purchase the DVD. No idea if for some reason “cancel culture” has deemed this offensive or if it’s just some licensing/rights issue (sadly, both are quite possible)

Forgot about that movie - recall it being quite entertaining. Shame as now I want it too :)

It’s not available on Prime or any streaming service (did some searching and it is confirmed it’s not available anywhere). You can still purchase the DVD. No idea if for some reason “cancel culture” has deemed this offensive or if it’s just some licensing/rights issue (sadly, both are quite possible)

Forgot about that movie - recall it being quite entertaining. Shame as now I want it too :)

Maybe some good news. According to
Code:
 Disney+, it is coming on Star in a few days
At least according to the information I got from D. here in Norway.
It's going to be the first movie I'm going to watch if it is in HD. As I only have this movie on DVD.
I will check and report back feb.23.......

it was recently available for free with prime sometime in the last two months. I have it and just noticed neither 1 or 2 are available; not even to rent/buy.

I checked unogs.com and it returned no results either.

Last edited:
Never noticed content being limited by VPN (I also use Nord). In fact the only way to access some content is using a VPN.

What’s an example of what you have seen limited?

I don’t use vpn with prime because I see no value in it. However, prime states the following regarding my claim of restricted content:

"Traveling? Some titles might be unavailable in your location. Browse titles available in your current location."

The question I believe I raised was asking if anyone saw value in it, and if so, what value. I saw a great value; over 500 titles collectively (544 to be exact) not available in N-provider’s USA library.

As for prime, I haven’t found one title available over vpn that wasn’t already available in the US without vpn. As for the contrary, even that banner states that titles normally available may not be over vpn or while traveling abroad.

However, I’ve crossed that bridge and lost interest in it considering the other option is much more reliable and easier to discern its value.

Last edited:
Speaking of the P-provider, I found 5 RiffTrax movies that were available to me only by VPN. There are at least 5 more titles that aren't available anywhere, apparently. *sigh* While experimenting with one film by RiffTrax, I employed the VPN to rent the film, then turned off the VPN & could still watch it with no trouble at all. So, world travelers, rent wherever you want & watch at home.

Speaking of the P-provider, I found 5 RiffTrax movies that were available to me only by VPN. There are at least 5 more titles that aren't available anywhere, apparently. *sigh* While experimenting with one film by RiffTrax, I employed the VPN to rent the film, then turned off the VPN & could still watch it with no trouble at all. So, world travelers, rent wherever you want & watch at home.

Hi Just Add Cones,

Sounds like you've got a handle on the P-provider over vpn. I decided to check the P-provider functionality again just for shits and giggles, and lo and behold I'm seeing that it's still restricting content and not expanding content based on the virtual geographical location afforded by using vpn.

When using the link provided in the information banner: "Traveling? Some titles might be unavailable in your location. Browse titles available in your current location.", I'm provided with a lousy list of options that would normally chase away subscribers which basically negates the search feature. You're reduced to filtering only if you expect to find something you can actually watch.

I decided to look up your RiffTrax titles, while connected to Canada. In the search results, the following titles claim to be "Included with your Prime membership" along with that Watch Now button. However, none of them were accessible and this includes the HBO and Showtime content which I'm subscribed to as well. They all display the following message:

"Your device is connected to the Internet using a VPN or proxy service. Please disable it and try again. For more help, go to amazon.com/pv-vpn."

These are just the Page 1 results. There were many more on page 2 with the Prime banner that might interest you if yours actually works over vpn.
  1. RiffTrax: The House on Sorority Row
  2. RiffTrax: The Journey: Absolution
  3. RiffTrax: Day Of The Animals
  4. RiffTrax: Oblivion
  5. RiffTrax: The Brain
  6. RiffTrax Shorts (Seasons 1, 3, 6-8)
  7. RiffTrax: No Retreat, No Surrender
  8. RiffTrax: The Girl from Rio
  9. RiffTrax: Birdemic Shock and Terror
  10. RiffTrax: Samurai Cop
  11. RiffTrax Live: Space Mutiny
I'm using NordVPN, as my primary, but see no difference with ExpressVPN. I'm curious as to which one you are using.

Now switch over to the N-provider and you'll easily find titles that are not available in the US, along with many that are. Such as:

1. Austin Powers 1 International Man of Mystery (1997) [13+]
  2. Austin Powers 2 Spy Who Shagged Me (1999) [13+]
  3. Austin Powers 3 Goldmember (2002) [13+]
  4. Boogie Nights (1997) [R]
  5. Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) [R]
  6. Braveheart (1995) [R]
  7. Carlito's Way (1993) [R] SD only
  8. Dredd (2012) [R]
  9. Elysium (2013) [R]
  10. Escape Plan 1 (2013) [R]
  11. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1988) [R]
  12. Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) [13+]
  13. Friday 1 (1995) [R]
  14. Friday 2 Next Friday (2000) [R]
  15. Friday 3 After Next (2002) [R]
  16. Friday 4 First Sunday (2008) [16+]
  17. GI Joe 1 Rise of Cobra (2009) [13+]
  18. GI Joe 2 Retaliation (2013) [13+]
  19. Gladiator (2000) [R]

...to name a few... :) enjoy!

I think some of these leave soon, so hurry!

Last edited:
I don't know if you are particularly a RiffTrax fan. If you are, you can find a list of their P content here -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mFct-TBaDFgkGpQ7luASluDF9g6c77rC/view?usp=sharing

I use Norton's VPN.

The RiffTrax film I described renting via VPN, then watching without the VPN is called Ghosthouse. I did not like the fact that some content was only available outside the US... made me worry that it might go away altogether... so, those were the first 5 titles that I rented. (Do your sanity a favor & stay away from Rollergator.. I know, I know.. It's got Joe Estevez in it... ) Rifftrax have hundreds of short films available for renting on P - and I happen to own all of their commercial DVDs of shorts - so, I wondered if there was new content on P... but, I couldn't find a guide anywhere online... so, I built one for myself...

Regarding N, when I visit their site, I never see movies available. I always just see the made-for-Netflix content and the various TV series that they have licensed from Europe. I don't think I have ever seen a theatrical film via that provider. May I assume from your post that I need to change a setting or similar?

Maybe some good news. According to
Code:
 Disney+, it is coming on Star in a few days
At least according to the information I got from D. here in Norway.
It's going to be the first movie I'm going to watch if it is in HD. As I only have this movie on DVD.
I will check and report back feb.23.......

I can confirm Gods must be crazy is now available on
Code:
 Disney+ Star
:)

In case anyone is interested in the original issue as to why this thread was opened in the first place and not the hijacked issues, the issue has been solved. I worked with NordVPN and the issue was that I was not using NordVPN DNS servers. Once I change my network config to use their DNS servers AP and NF worked through the VPN.

In the future I suggest that when you have other issues you open your own topic and not hijack other topics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You shouldn't have to use their dns servers. That's the whole point of a vpn. It overrides your normal ones. When i use ExpressVPN, i don't modify my dns servers either, yet I have 0 problems.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

What can I tell you. Using my ISP’s DNS servers or anyone else’s it doesn’t work. When I use NordVPN’s DNS servers it works. Supposedly has to do with a DNS leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back