• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD, VLC, UniConverter and The Da Vinci Code DVD

Paddy Coleman

Hi Folks,

I have working on creating a NAS media server and copying/converting my DVD/Blu-Ray collection to mp4 files. In the main, this has worked fine using primarily Wondershare UniConverter and VLC.

However, I have hit problems with a few DVDs where I assume they have copy protection. One such DVD is The Da Vinci Code. After doing some research, it seemed a number of people were recommending AnyDVD so I have just downloaded a trial version to give it a go.

When I place The Da Vinci Code DVD in to my drive, after a while AnyDVD reports:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.5.2.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
ASUS BC-12D2HT 3.01
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DAVINCI_CODE
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4 5!
Video Standard: PAL

Using local database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 20 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

However, when I load UniConverter and try to add the DVD so I can convert it the program just crashes and closes down. VLC allows me to play the DVD (as it did before) but if I attempt to convert the main feature to mp4 then the language and subtitle options are ignored.

In short, I do no seem to be any further forward by having AnyDVD?

Hopefully I am missing something and not using AnyDVD correctly - can someone please advise?

My setup is:

Intel based (quad core) HP laptop
16GB RAM
512GB SSD
Windows 10 64Bit - fully updated
VLC, UniConverter are fully updated
AnyDVD version is 8.5.2.0

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Paddy
UK

Hi Folks,

I have working on creating a NAS media server and copying/converting my DVD/Blu-Ray collection to mp4 files. In the main, this has worked fine using primarily Wondershare UniConverter and VLC.

However, I have hit problems with a few DVDs where I assume they have copy protection. One such DVD is The Da Vinci Code. After doing some research, it seemed a number of people were recommending AnyDVD so I have just downloaded a trial version to give it a go.

When I place The Da Vinci Code DVD in to my drive, after a while AnyDVD reports:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.5.2.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
ASUS BC-12D2HT 3.01
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DAVINCI_CODE
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4 5!
Video Standard: PAL

Using local database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 20 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

However, when I load UniConverter and try to add the DVD so I can convert it the program just crashes and closes down. VLC allows me to play the DVD (as it did before) but if I attempt to convert the main feature to mp4 then the language and subtitle options are ignored.

In short, I do no seem to be any further forward by having AnyDVD?

Hopefully I am missing something and not using AnyDVD correctly - can someone please advise?

My setup is:

Intel based (quad core) HP laptop
16GB RAM
512GB SSD
Windows 10 64Bit - fully updated
VLC, UniConverter are fully updated
AnyDVD version is 8.5.2.0

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Paddy
UK
Did you check to see if you set up your DVD drive before using AnyDVD? It's recommended to set your DVD drive after you turn off AnyDVD. Once you do that, you can then turn black on AnyDVD and then do whatever you want.

I'd right click the AnyDVD icon and rip your DVD to the hard drive, and then use whatever software you have to convert your DVD.

The instructions on how to do that is to right click the AnyDVD icon, and go to the Help section.

:)

Posting an AnyDVD logfile is always a good idea for troubleshooting. But "rip to folder" first is a good idea with heavily protected discs like this.

Hi @whatever_gong82 and @James

Thank you both for your replies. I have indeed set the region of my drive to 2 as you have indicated.

I have also run AnyDVD Ripper and copied the DVD to my hard disk. I then tried to convert this version of the DVD using UniConverter but game the same result?

Happy to post an AnyDVD logfile - can you point me in the right direction on how to generate/find one?

Many thanks

Paddy
UK

Happy to post an AnyDVD logfile - can you point me in the right direction on how to generate/find one?
If you were able to rip the disc to your hard drive, then the disc is fine and the rip is fine. Can you play the rip and does it play correctly? If so, then the problem lies in your conversion software. That being said:

From the Please read this before you post Sticky, #5:
5. Post an AnyDVD log file. Many times the answer to your question is visible to experienced users or RedFox support or a developer right away.

Ensure Anydvd is running.
  1. Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
  2. Right click the red fox icon on your system tray (to the lower right).
  3. Select "Create Logfile"
  4. Wait for Anydvd to create a log file. In some circumstances this might take 5 minutes or longer.
  5. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile "Anydvd_Info_<xxxxxxx>.ziplog" (or something similar)
  6. Click "ok". A Windows Explorer will open. You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.ziplog"
  7. Click "Create new topic" on the top or bottom right of a forum section.
  8. Describe the problem
  9. Below the text box you will see 3 buttons. Click the middle one that states "Upload File".
  10. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the RedFox forums)
  11. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .ziplog file you created.
  12. Wait for the progress indicator in the top right corner to finish. Then click "Close"
  13. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .ziplog file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

Hi @James , @whatever_gong82 and @mmdavis

Thank you for all your help on this one so far. I have attached a LOG file from The Da Vinci Code DVD.

The copied DVD creates a folder on my hard drive that contains:

DAVINCI_CODE
VIDEO_TS
DAVINCI_CODE.dvdid.xml

Within the VIDEO_TS folder there are:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
VTS_01_0.BUP
to VTS_16_0.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VTS_01_0.IFO
to VTS_16_0.IFO
VTS_01_0.VOB to VTS_16_0.VOB

UniConverter simply crashes when it tries to read the DAVINCI_CODE folder.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Paddy
UK

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.2.0_Info_D_DAVINCI_CODE.ziplog
    281.4 KB · Views: 0
UniConverter simply crashes when it tries to read the DAVINCI_CODE folder.
You never said whether you could play the rip. Point MPC-HD or something similar to the VIDEO_TS.IFO file in the VIDEO_TS folder and see if the movie plays correctly. If so, then the issue is with your conversion software that just doesn't like the file. You might try CloneDVDmobile and see if it works with it, or possibly Handbrake.

Hi Folks,

Thank you for all your help. I purchased a copy of Leawo DVD Ripper and this worked perfectly so it looks like it is VLC and UniConverter.

Kind regards

Paddy
UK

Back