• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

4k and Dolby Atmos

firas1

Hey,

is it possible that the tool can download the streams in 4k and also with Dolby Atmos audio or is this impossible?
Would be cool to get this feauture in future updates.

4k is not supportet yet. It is up to the developers if they will support it in the future or not.

Ok, and are there any infos out there if this is planned to be added?

No, at least they did'nt told anything in the public. If they plan or think about how to do this it will be discussed internally.

Ok thanks for your fast reply. I really hope this is planned for the future

What does SGX mean? And can't this be implemented?

I also don't think that this is needed? What happenes if you use an AMD CPU?

I also don't think that this is needed? What happenes if you use an AMD CPU?
Then you don't get 4k playback for copyright protected content (encryption not removed) in PowerDVD and it downscales to FULL HD.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Is that true for HBO Max too, or just PowerDVD?

Well Hbomax streams 4k on chrome so nope not allways

so you can watch hbomax in chrome not from prime and on what cpu? your statement is too vague to be meaningful in any context...

It'd be idiotic, for 'flix, for example, to require T2 on the macOS platform and not the equivalent on the PC side...

Just to put an end to this endless speculation:

Hollywood is demanding that it is decrypted via hardware. Windows users cannot watch 4K content either without a supported processor (Kaby Lake and later) so it’s not unique to Apple. Be mad at Hollywood, not Apple.

4K Netflix on Windows also requires specific hardware that was introduced with Intel’s Kaby Lake:
Intel’s 7th generation Core CPU (i3, i5, or i7 models in the 7xxx or 7Yxx series) or newer, or a NVIDIA GPU that meets these requirements

Code:
https://9to5mac.com/2020/10/01/4k-netflix-streaming/

Last edited:
Ok, I didnt know that :eek: but what if you have the right processor for that, could the tool then load in 4k?

Sorry I still dont get it... if I have the needed hardware and run the software on this hardware then its not possible? Whats the clue on hardware decryption if no software then can playback the stream in 4k?

Sorry I still dont get it... if I have the needed hardware and run the software on this hardware then its not possible? Whats the clue on hardware decryption if no software then can playback the stream in 4k?

Because you can compute huge numbers in dedicated hardware way faster than in software (great example of that is zzzCoin mining) allowing you to exchange keys without actually exchanging keys (for example, see Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange), and no software would ever be seeing those keys. You're right, you could potentially "guess" the key for huge exponents, but it would take centuries in software to do so.

The key is that the hardware hides the keys in a more secure way than software does, which makes it harder for RedFox to get at them.

SGX does have known weaknesses, though, so it's theoretically possible, but a lot of extra work. And with streaming, unlike disc media, the providers can change how things work, so coming up with a persistent compromise is even harder.

maybe possible using other vectors - there are a lot of hardware solutions out there that support 4K streaming apps and are not intel based. would mean possibly javing to side load or jailbreak those devices to side load... desktop/Browsers are not the only way to attack this.

think about AACS 2.0. was not cracked. fault was an exploit in hardware and why older BDXL and the first batch of official UHF drives (orig firmware) are required to backup UHd discs.

all this is a gross over simplification, but i suspect we wont see 4K decryption short of exploiting a hardware/software flaw and possibly on specific hardware

welcome to the future. perpetual rental model as long as you pay - you own nothing but a license to view in controlled environments. Divix (the circuit city product) was a foreshadowing of this

already i am back to purchasing some shows on dvd just to get the recently cancel-culture banned episodes. and they even had the audacity to ban the episodes from the dvd release! (i am looking at you It’s always Sunny in Philadelphia). i found the episode eventually online but it was a capture from the one and only time it was broadcast...before the progressive police state caused it to be removed from every streaming service. and that is one of many examples.

i miss physical media. still buy UHD and bluray as much as i can. thankful for AS to close a gap in released content on physical media

Back