• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Narrative audio in Movie

sierra117

Anystream put the narrative audio into a movie from Amazon Prime ....

Any ideas of how to turn that off, or if it's 'burned' into the soundtrack of the movie, would there be another way to download the movie without narratives ?

no it didnt, not by itself anyway. You selected the wrong audio track. Audio description tracks are always labelled.

will check that next time i try it. i typically leave the audio and video selections alone. hasn't been an issue for other downloads so far.

It's best to check before starting the download. Audio track locations aren't always in the same spot, though AnyStream should remember the last used language selections.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

i'll try a redownload and report back the options i see.

this app is pretty good, maybe in the future can offer more settings for users.

some movies for instance, are downloading with high video bitrates (I've seen a few that came in at 12-14Mbps according to mediainfo.
no real problem with the added quality. but after seeing that a 2hr feature weighs in at about 10GB .... it's somewhat a lot so if I want to cut it down i have to do a re-encode job.

typically I encode my blurays to 6Mbps for the video streams, that would yield a 4-5GB file for around 2 hrs.

not complaining here, just noting that.

<snip>

some movies for instance, are downloading with high video bitrates (I've seen a few that came in at 12-14Mbps according to mediainfo.
no real problem with the added quality. but after seeing that a 2hr feature weighs in at about 10GB .... it's somewhat a lot for me.

typically I encode my blurays to 6Mbps for the video streams, that would yield a 4-5GB file for around 2 hrs.

not complaining here, just noting that.

Unlike screen recorders, AS just takes whatever the providers give, so if a provider supplies at that rate, that's what you get; there's no re-encoding or transcoding going on.

good to know thanks
i guess remuxing will need to be done at some point to get them to where i want.

back to the subject ... here are a few screenshots of the options i have with the film.
i am almost certain that "English" was selected when I dl'd it the first time.
as you see in the 2nd capture, there is also an "Audio Description" available. But when choosing 'Download', by default "English" is what was selected.

going to try it again and see what the result is.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    180.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    152.1 KB · Views: 10
back to the subject ... here are a few screenshots of the options i have with the film.
i am almost certain that "English" was selected when I dl'd it the first time.
as you see in the 2nd capture, there is also an "Audio Description" available. But when choosing 'Download', by default "English" is what was selected.

going to try it again and see what the result is.

Try downloading it again and make sure the correct track is selected, download the thing, then go to File->Create log file, and upload that log file if the wrong track is being downloaded. I'm sure @Prospere will have a look at it if things do go wrong, the earlier report from a different user seems to suggest that a wrong track was selected for download: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anystream-and-the-audio-track-for-the-blind.80310/#post-532553

turns out it was my error, i think the pulldown was active and I must have accidentally switched it to Audio Description without noticing.

thanks again for the help folks.

Thanks for updating, it certainly saves me checking my downloads ;)

Back