• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Beta 1.0.9.1 Question

Greg Alex

Hello,

i read the new version sticky thread and in one of its fixes it lists "Corrected view progress update for Amazon downloads"

Can someone please confirm what this feature is exactly and how it was improved/corrected?

When AnyStream downloads a title from Amazon, it mimics the viewing process (as if you were viewing the title in a browser). This includes sending viewing progress info to Amazon and this functionality had a bug, which has been fixed.

When AnyStream downloads a title from Amazon, it mimics the viewing process (as if you were viewing the title in a browser). This includes sending viewing progress info to Amazon and this functionality had a bug, which has been fixed.
ok, thank you for confirming.

I upgraded to the beta today. I am not sure what the bug was but I noticed cause of this thread that now even with the beta installed it's leaving 3 minutes remaining on episodes. Is that what's expected. I updated by installing over previous version.

Thanks, I use this feature to let me know that a title has already been downloaded despite the file being moved from the AS download directory to my server.

Does this mean if download speed to is set to unlimited that the progress will show I completly watched the title when download is complete?

I also would like to ask if there's any downside to still be using Version 1.0.9.0 despite 1.0.9.1 now being available and improved? From what i understand the main factor (among other minor improvements) for releasing the new version was to patch up the glitch with audio discrepancies in Amazon that occurred in "some" episodes of tv shows (not any movies), and even then, from what I've been reading, not everyone was experiencing this issue downloading the same tv shows.....

i guess i just want to know if there is any real harm staying with the old version if it's not causing any noticeable problems?

I'm not a technical guy, so if there are any other additional issues related to Amazon downloads please feel free to correct me and point them out

Does this mean if download speed to is set to unlimited that the progress will show I completly watched the title when download is complete?
No.
i guess i just want to know if there is any real harm staying with the old version if it's not causing any noticeable problems?
As long as you are satisfied and the version is supported by our servers - all is fine. But in case of a problem we won't be able to help, unless you update to the latest version at that moment.

In 1.0.9.1 I've noticed that Amazon now recognizes I've watched something, but it doesn't seem quite complete: the Episodes page for a series shows about 95% viewed rather than 100%. Is that intentional, or unavoidable?

It always has had that functionality, and yes it's normal. Nothing to worry about.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

In 1.0.9.1 I've noticed that Amazon now recognizes I've watched something, but it doesn't seem quite complete: the Episodes page for a series shows about 95% viewed rather than 100%. Is that intentional, or unavoidable?
Don't worry, I use max download speed. When Amazon reviews my metadata, they will just conclude I suffer from ADHD. Then I will start to see ads for Amazon pharmacy's Ritalin prices.

Don't worry, I use max download speed. When Amazon reviews my metadata, they will just conclude I suffer from ADHD. Then I will start to see ads for Amazon pharmacy's Ritalin prices.

LOL that was funny. When they show you the ads make sure to buy the cheap Chinese Ritalin. I hear that's the best one :p

Back