• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Redbox movies

There are reports of a few RedBox movies not being readable on multiple drives, AVA and Chick Fight come to mind. Back to the Future UHD has some similar issues on some drives of certain read speeds.

Replying to myself to add a few more comments....
Although not an AnyDVD problem, Mike @ MakeMKV has issued some drive speed parameters and suggested configuration settings to read certain discs. So although it's not a problem with the program, his program has come up with a solution to some of the discs out there in the wild. As to whether Redbox studios titles are mastered a certain way on purpose to prevent a computer from reading it, a final answer remains to be seen, more research is needed.

Just a thought, have you tried enabling "settings - Drives - speed control" and trying the three options? I am not saying this is the answer, just making a suggestion based on the post from Krawk above stating that "Mike @ MakeMKV has issued some drive speed parameters and suggested configuration settings to read certain discs"

I have the same issue. I can’t rip Blu-ray disks from my internal drive, I have to use an external USB drive. DVDs work fine in my internal drive and not my external.

I’m thinking about getting a SATA to USB3 converter box but I’m concerned neither will work. My new computer doesn’t have a 5.25” drive slot so I have my internal drive from a previous computer sitting on the floor next to the case with cables from the MoBo and PS. Frustrating as hell!

Here’s what I am considering. Anyone have experience with it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRUN0H...olid=149A8F1ZYTTW3&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Last edited:
Pleasantly surprised that a RB movie "Shadow in the Cloud" was seen by my PC.

I had a similar problem with Ava. It would not read on any of my LG drives. I also have pioneer drives and putting the AVA disk in, it would read with no problems. I read somewhere that redbox movies is testing the drive and if there is a certain block code on the LG drive, it would fail to read the disk. I am finding that the Pioneer drives work perfectly.

I had a similar problem with Ava. It would not read on any of my LG drives. I also have pioneer drives and putting the AVA disk in, it would read with no problems. I read somewhere that redbox movies is testing the drive and if there is a certain block code on the LG drive, it would fail to read the disk. I am finding that the Pioneer drives work perfectly.

I would love a link to the article.

I had a similar problem with Ava. It would not read on any of my LG drives. I also have pioneer drives and putting the AVA disk in, it would read with no problems. I read somewhere that redbox movies is testing the drive and if there is a certain block code on the LG drive, it would fail to read the disk.
Conspiracy theory? ;)

Back