• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question about which dvds to get

Hi :)
I assume you mean blank media.
Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.

my playstation 2 loves taiyo yuden but my daewoo dvd recorder hates them-it wont even acknowlege that there anything recorded on it.it always says 'disc empty'.
tis very weird when the PS2 will play it.
my daewoo dvd recorder loves verbatim but my playstation 2 cant read them all the time.
(i know the dvd copies work cos one machine will play the disc flawlessly when the other wont).
the taiyo yuden disc's are the printable ones (white surface)-will this make a difference? it shouldn't do should it (?) seeing as the PS2 will play them.
must just be an incompatability issue i guess.

Last edited:
my playstation 2 loves taiyo yuden but my daewoo dvd recorder hates them-it wont even acknowlege that there anything recorded on it.it always says 'disc empty'.
tis very weird when the PS2 will play it.
my daewoo dvd recorder loves verbatim but my playstation 2 cant read them all the time.
(i know the dvd copies work cos one machine will play the disc flawlessly when the other wont).
the taiyo yuden disc's are the printable ones (white surface)-will this make a difference? it shouldn't do should it (?) seeing as the PS2 will play them.
must just be an incompatability issue i guess.
Have you used DVD+Rs and booktyped them to DVD-ROM?

Sony's that were made in Japan (8X), were/are Taiyo Yudens. But as said, they are hard to come by now days. Sony's that are made in Taiwan, are just ok. They are better than Memorex, TDK, and store brands......... :)

Back