• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Guide for flashing UHD drives for AnyDVD / Important!!

I just checked the first time. BD-100 discs are 10 Euro each. All players with one exception can only read 66Gb (2 layers). That's a rip-off and therefore out of discussion compared to BD-50 you can get for 2,50 Euros each. Good quality - not no-names.
Good decision to get this Pioneer drive if you want to continue to use discs (y).

All players with one exception can only read 66Gb (2 layers). That's a rip-off and therefore out of discussion compared to BD-50 you can get for 2,50 Euros each.
I thought so too. :D Glad to hear you are the same opinion. (y)

Off-topic off. On-topic on :).

Guys. Please refrain from buying LG BH16NS40 drives. Yes, if the service code is NS50 they are UHD-compatible. But there are some sellers that sell old LG BH16NS40 SVC 40. Therefore only buy LG BH16NS55.

In addition a WARNING: LG offers a firmware update for BH16NS40. It's intended to put encryted firmware on the drives with SVC50. However, stupid LG has no checks if it's a SVC40 drive and if you flash this firmware your LG BH16NS40 SVC40 it is bricked. Maybe some cumbersome DOSFLASH might rescue it, but be warned!!!!

@Swiso
Today got the new Pioneer drive in hands :) It is 212 EBK from 07/20. You asked for 212 UBK in your link.
The diffrece seems to be in reading / writing BD-TL, BD-QL. Look here: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/comp...K/BHitems/1520034-REG_1021126-REG_1520033-REG
I honestly dont belive in this specitication because even my old BDR 206 can handle this discs. It was manufactered long ago before BD-TL/QL came out.
Now I´m waiting for my external enclosure. Whithout this I can´t test it. :(

Hello kufo,
Yes, I posted the two links because they are from two different Pioneer sites... one US and the other EU...
I thought that the difference between UBK and EBK was solely duento region...UBK for US market and EBK EU market....other than that rhey look similar....
Why no EBK in US and UBK in EU ?

It's called BDR-S12UHT in Europe versus the BDR-212DBK or EBK.

It doesn't matter for my purpose anyway. I'm only burning BD-DL but good to know this coopervid (y)
Thanks for clarification.

Same here. Like said: Burning TL or QL discs is super-expensive and doesn't make sense anyway.

I see....man what a bad habits to change name for the same device...no sense in this..just add more confusion for nothing..
Thanks !!
Happened in the past before. The naming of drives sometimes is based on the fact that some drives are sold as so called "bulk drives" w/o software or bundled with software, e.g. some stripped down versions of PowerDVD plus other software by Cyberlink.

I see....man what a bad habits to change name for the same device...no sense in this..just add more confusion for nothing..
Thanks !!
Seems to be only made for confusing customers...

Ah cool (y) Yor guide was helpful another time :D

OWC Mercury Pro External stainless steel.

Have you checked if the drive will fit in that enclosure?
Here what it state OWC:
Drives Supported
5.25-inch SATA optical drives — CD, DVD, Blu-ray — up to 6.77 inches (17.2 cm) deep

Pioneer Drive dimensions:
Dimensions (mm) 148 mm x 181 mm x 42.3mm (W x D x H) (Including Front Bezel)

Here what it state OWC:
Drives Supported
5.25-inch SATA optical drives — CD, DVD, Blu-ray — up to 6.77 inches (17.2 cm) deep

Pioneer Drive dimensions:
Dimensions (mm) 148 mm x 181 mm x 42.3mm (W x D x H) (Including Front Bezel)
Ah... Intresting :confused: I think my enclosure will be here soon. Let me see if it will fit. Tracking Info says that it is actualy in Belgium... I will give feedback as soon as I have it in my hands.

Yes unfortunately...was checking for an enclosure and saw that detail...

Back