• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I am having a performance issue

MikeD47170

I have been using this product for over a month now and really like it. I used the trail version then purchased the life time license. After reading some of the posts here I decided to leave the download speed to 1x which was find for me, and downloaded from both Netflix and Amazon without any issues. I put in a new system and downloaded the newest version to put on that system but had issues with downloads especially with Netflix I thought that the downloads were freezing so I kept aborting and and starting over and would finally get it to work. I thought it was something with the new system so I booted up my old system that still had the previous version on it and had the same issue there. I have found out that they are not freezing up but taking a really long time. I have had to increase the time to unlimited to get them to finish in any good amount of time. a 40 min show on Amazon just took over 2 hours to download with the unlimited setting and Netflix takes about 4-5 times longer than that. I am not sure what I should be looking for, my internet bandwidth is the same as it was when it was working properly, any help would be great.

Thank you in advance.

You should post your logfile, they can't really help without that.
Download a video then:
Click Menu > create logfile > done
Post it here.

While you can set unlimited speed in AnyStream (which tells it that it can use the maximum speed allowed under your ISP plan), you're still limited by the maximum speed allowed by your ISP. Setting AnyStream to unlimited won't magically give you gigabit speeds for example if your ISP plan only allows for 200Mbit download. AnyStreams "unlimited" speed would at that point be capped at a maximum of 200Mbps download speed.

Here is the log file from the system I also have the log files for the recent download files if that helps as well

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.7.0.astlog
    204.8 KB · Views: 1
While you can set unlimited speed in AnyStream (which tells it that it can use the maximum speed allowed under your ISP plan), you're still limited by the maximum speed allowed by your ISP. Setting AnyStream to unlimited won't magically give you gigabit speeds for example if your ISP plan only allows for 200Mbit download. AnyStreams "unlimited" speed would at that point be capped at a maximum of 200Mbps download speed.
I understand this completely my issue however is that at 1x speed I could download a 40 min show in 35-45 minutes then it started taking 18 hours to download a 40 minute program increasing to the unlimited did help get the time down but only to a few hours, and the Mbps speed of my provider has not changed. I am not looking for a super fast download that my bandwidth will not support just the normal streaming time that I was getting for the 3 weeks prior to the issue happening.

it sounds like you might be being capped by your IP

As some one who has a very bad isp and cannot find a different one. Here is some problems I have had using Anystream with this isp. Even though I have a 100mbit connection, the speeds rarely break the 50mbits barrier. Also the speeds vary wildly from 0 to the mid 30mbit range. This would not be that big of problem, except when it reaches 0mbits it tends to stay there from 5 to 30 seconds sometimes, causing or triggering a no internet indication on my computer. Unfortunately there really is no internet, I was usually playing online poker while using the product, but the constant disconnects from the internet put a stop to that.

What you can do if you are using windows. Is start a download in anystream, then open the task manager, click on the performance tab and monitor your internet connection. This will give you idea of what is going on with your isp speeds. I must admit even with my isp problems if I was with Comcast I probably would have hit their cap for a month.

Thank you all for the help. I am not sure that it is an ISP cap, I have never had that issue before and while working from home I have been downloading diagnostics and other files all day without any speed issues, and my speed tests all show that my speed is 130-150 Mbps download the same as it was prior to installing anystream, but I also have not been able to rule this out 100% either so I will do some more investigation to make sure.

@MikeD47170 The log "sais" there were network failures while attempting to download title chunks. First it alarms about "Connection closed", then "Temporary network failure", and then throws "Network access is disabled" at our faces. Could it be, perhaps, a firewall, or VPN, or anything alike?

@MikeD47170 The log "sais" there were network failures while attempting to download title chunks. First it alarms about "Connection closed", then "Temporary network failure", and then throws "Network access is disabled" at our faces. Could it be, perhaps, a firewall, or VPN, or anything alike?

Thank you for the information. I am not using a VPN, I have tried it on two different systems both with the default windows 10 configuration one system had no problems in the past but I will check Windows firewall and see if there was an update that made changes to it. I don't have any 3rd party firewalls/security programs installed. I will also reboot my router and modem tonight to make sure there is not something there. I will update you after all of that is done

Are other (non-AS) download speeds affected? You might run a speed test to verify that your upload/ download speeds are what your ISP says they should be. If not, I'd be on the phone with the ISP Tech Support to see if they can verify that the cable TX and RX signal levels are good to your house. Could be that your cable modem or You/ your neighborhood could have a bad cable feed/ failing cable repeater..
Hope this helps out.

@Prospere Here is an update.

I turned off Windows Firewall and all of the Windows defender protections including real time scan. I ran AS as an administrator to make sure there were no issues there. As well as resetting all of my routers and modem. None of this helped the downloads still is taking a really long time, one episode yesterday took around 12 hours for the 40 minute show. There have been a lot of suggestions about my ISP and I have ruled that out. The speed tests show my speed is exactly what I am suppose to have, there are no issues with anything other than AS and there is a trick that I have tried when this first happened and that is to switch my profile over to my son or wifes profile and do the download. After having the issues this morning downloading an episode I did this and the download finished in a matter of minutes. The problem I have found with this is that it only works once then that profile has issues as well and switching to another one does not always help. I have attached the logs from last night after the 12 hour download and this morning with the successful download as well.

Attachments

• 2-AnyStream_1.0.7.0.astlog
    206 KB · Views: 1
  • NCIS - s05 e18 - Judgment Day- Part 1.astlog
    205.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 3-AnyStream_1.0.7.0.astlog
    394.1 KB · Views: 0
  • NCIS - s05 e19 - Judgment Day- Part 2.astlog
    385.8 KB · Views: 0
This may you help you...in my case I have AT&T @ 100mbps+ when i do a speed test, but AT&T throttles my Youtube, Netflix & Amazon streaming video. I have to use a VPN to bypass the throttling. When I use A/S without my VPN I get what you have described. I would try a VPN service that can that can bypass Netflix/Amazon region detection as well as your ISP.

This may you help you...in my case I have AT&T @ 100mbps+ when i do a speed test, but AT&T throttles my Youtube, Netflix & Amazon streaming video. I have to use a VPN to bypass the throttling. When I use A/S without my VPN I get what you have described. I would try a VPN service that can that can bypass Netflix/Amazon region detection as well as your ISP.
I have not seen any throttling from my ISP before. My kids all stream youtube all day long and I use Netflix often without any issues, and this did work for several weeks without issues, but I am willing to try anything at this point. Can I ask what VPN provider you use

I use NordVPN. I too didn't notice any throttling when watching a video, but when downloading it was clear that my ISP was throttling. I could download a random file @ 100mbps perfectly, but could only get 1mbps download with A/S...turned on the VPN and got about 60-80/mbps with A/S. I hope this helps you as I was frustrated at first thinking A/S was the issue and in my case it was my ISP.

Bye the way you may want to check with your ISP if you have a monthly bandwidth cap? That could also be a factor. Best of luck.

Last edited:
I contacted my ISP today and asked about any throttling or data caps they have informed me they have no limits like that with their service in my area (Spectrum), and that they are showing everything is working at full speed from their end.

I contacted my ISP today and asked about any throttling or data caps they have informed me they have no limits like that with their service in my area (Spectrum), and that they are showing everything is working at full speed from their end.
Spectrum customer, Florida, with the rr isp which Spectrum is actually replacing or has replaced with their own equipment, according to their service representative. So they say. When I pointed out to them that the deep dive into my modem settings revealed that everything is still identified as rr. I was told yes, some of the whatever is still being identified as rr, but rr is defunct now. That being said rr was garbage 20 years ago and in my opinion is still garbage today, but I have no choice but to accept what I can get.

You need to realize that speedtests may be useless, the isp's know the ping servers, just as they can easily throttle you or block access to sites, they can easily allow clear unfettered access to speedtest servers. I mentioned before, you need start a download in anystream, then open your task manager, open your resource monitor, click on network and look at your speeds as you download the anystream item. After awhile abort the download. Then find some very large file to download from the internet and monitor its speeds. Get an idea of where the problem lies, then trouble shoot from there. After all you have posted, the only super weird thing I can think of is maybe you have some super anomaly caching issue.

@MikeD47170 What you've described (switching profiles) sounds quite strange...

However, could you please do the following:
1. Launch AnyStream
2. Go to the upper left corner, to the "File" menu and click on "Show log messages". You will then see a text area at the bottom of the window.
3. Start downloading something (preferably, something you are sure would go slow).
4. If the process indeed is slow (you may either abort the download or keep going), look for the following in the text area with the log messages:
Code:
00:01:14.451 - [Debug] Downloader object created with specs:
00:01:14.451 - [Debug] TitleSpecs:
00:01:14.451 - [Debug]  Title vendor:  Netflix
00:01:14.451 - [Debug]  Target File Path: <output file path>
00:01:14.451 - [Debug]  Video URL:  <quite a long URL for the video stream>
00:01:14.451 - [Debug]  Audio URL:  <another long URL for the audio stream>

Timestamps may differ.

Copy the video URL and paste it into your browser. Try downloading the file. It will not be playable, but it would show us the real download rate.

@Prospere Thank you for your help with this matter. I think I have found the solution last night before seeing your post. I did go ahead and test what you asked on a system that I had not fixed yet and the download in the browser took about 6 minutes to download the same file that AS was taking hours to download.

As for the solution. There were a lot of talk about ISP issues but even when looking at my network monitor I could not see an ISP issue. My performance was all over the place but even with that browser downloads were working much faster. You mentioned network errors so I started looking into my local network instead of my ISP. My network is the modem/router combo provided by my ISP (which they tested when I called them yesterday and said it was working at full speed), and that is connected to a high end smart router that my home network is connected to. I tried to use the NordVPN and that did give me slightly better performance, but I could not get amazon to work with it, so I decided to connect one of the two systems I was running tests on directly to the modem/router to connect directly to the ISP to see if it was an internal network issue, and that does seem to be the issue. I was back at the normal download time connected directly to the ISP hardware, I am not sure what settings in my router are causing problems but I will try to look into it when I have the time. Currently I am just going to leave it connected to the ISP hardware and let it do it's job from there.

Thank you again for all the help I love the products I had been an anyDVD life customer since the early 2000's I recently found anyStream and purchased all new life licensing for your current products, you do great stuff.

That's rather strange, I'd say. There should be no [significant] difference between how AnyStream communicates with the servers and how a browser does that. Apparently, there may be something that may trigger whatever is triggered in your network setup.

While network setups is not quite my specialty, I believe there are many people here who can make a suggestion as to where to look for what.

Back