• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

diskmgmt.msc identifies 'CD-ROM 0' as 'Device Type' 'RAID'?

markfilipak

Re: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ice-type/1f28799b-3492-4db7-a1be-eb4c0b03672d

This may be a problem (or not) and it may be related to RedFox software (or not).

The driver inserted is 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\AnyDVD.sys'.

Before I uninstall first: Virtual CloneDrive 5.5.0.0 -- and test -- then second: AnyDVD HD 8.5.1.0 -- and test -- I seek advice here. What do you recommend?

Note: I do have '<snip removed - Ch3vr0n: Do not post your license key number publicly>' saved in a safe place.

Thanks,
Mark.

Your VCD is several versions behind. The latest is 5520 (mine is identified as SCSI btw, which i believe is the proper one). If you pull up the drive's properties through disk management > details > Supplier it should show you MICROSOFT for the optical drive's basic driver. VCD uses ELBYCDIO.sys as the underlying IO driver, but the basic OS driver is microsoft's not AnyDVD's.

This may be a problem (or not) and it may be related to RedFox software (or not).
So, do you have a problem? Does "CD-ROM 0" work fine? Is CD-ROM 0 a virtual CloneDrive?
Maybe the drive letter "B:" is confusing?

EDIT:
Okay, it is a Blu-ray drive. Why on earth are you mentioning VCD at all?
And no, it has nothing to do with AnyDVD.

Your VCD is several versions behind. The latest is 5520...
Thank you.
...(mine is identified as SCSI btw, which i believe is the proper one). If you pull up the drive's properties through disk management > details > Supplier it should show you MICROSOFT for the optical drive's basic driver.
Yes, there is also a Microsoft driver listed.
VCD uses ELBYCDIO.sys as the underlying IO driver, but the basic OS driver is microsoft's not AnyDVD's.
Hmmm... The 'ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device' drivers are also 'AnyDVD.sys' (i.e. not 'ELBYCDIO.sys'). FYI, the VCDs (shown here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ice-type/1f28799b-3492-4db7-a1be-eb4c0b03672d) are 'CD-ROM 1' 'CD-ROM 2' 'CD-ROM 3' 'CD-ROM 4' and are identified as 'Device Type' 'SCSI' as expected.
So, do you have a problem? ... Okay, it is a Blu-ray drive. Why on earth are you mentioning VCD at all?
And no, it has nothing to do with AnyDVD.
Hi James. It's a potential problem (or not). I'm attempting to simplify the set-up as much as possible to eliminate RedFox as the cause of any Microsoft issue. I'm sure that if there was a potential bug in AnyDVD HD, you'd appreciate me eliminating any alternative explanations prior to reporting it to you, eh? :)

I'll go ahead and uninstall both CloneDrive & AnyDVD and trust that I'll be able to reinstall them later.

the one marked "Raid" is assigned drive letter B. That's a reserved letter for old school diskette drives. This problem could potentially be self inflicted.

I'm sure that if there was a potential bug in AnyDVD HD, ...
Yes, but it isn't. And I don't understand what all of this has to do with Virtual CloneDrive, where you have started this thread.

Yes, but it isn't. And I don't understand what all of this has to do with Virtual CloneDrive, where you have started this thread.
Well, as it turns out, it doesn't. I didn't think VCD would be an issue and it isn't. As I stated in the thread opener,I was just seeking recommendations. Perhaps I might learn something like "Yeah, we've seen that; Microsoft screwed the pooch."
Note: I do have '<snip removed - Ch3vr0n: Do not post your license key number publicly>' saved in a safe place.
Thanks. Sorry. I didn't think the name of the key would be risky. I wouldn't paste the actual key contents into a web site.

It's not just the name, the xxx-xxx is your serial number, not the embedded contents. You don't want that public either ;-)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you for the help and insight. I reinstalled AnyDVD HD and the lastest Virtual CloneDrive with no problems except that the CSS Keys are now empty.

That's no big deal, anydvd will just create new keys when discs get (re)inserted. The main purpose of the css keys is that anydvd doesn't have to re-crack the css encryption when it recognises a previously inserted disc. It then pulls the css key from the archive instead, this method provides a slightly faster dvd decryption.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back