• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Help turning dvds to mp4?

devildawg

Hello folks. I'm new to this so please be patient.
I'm trying to get mp4 format files so that I can take them on my devices. I've pretty much been able to do that with most dvds, and am trying to do it with "shows. I've gotten errors with shows like, "Just shoot me" and "Last man standing", just to name a few. Is there something different I should be doing with this software to make mp4s from shows than regular movies? (I do use redfox along with this cloneDVD mobile). Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.

Well what version are you using. The 1.9xx series tends to be fast but buggy, the 1.2xx series (only works with slysoft keys) is slower but has a slightly bigger successrate but still isn't perfect. it's due for a long overhaul. If neither of them work, you may need a different tool unfortunately.

Thanks for your swift response. I'm using this latest version 1.9.5.0 and the latest Redfox 8.5.1.0. Do you know if they're going to put out a new version that's not buggy? It's been years hasn't it?

it has been years indeed, and no, i don't know. I'm guessing (though pretty sure) AnyStream is the primary focus for the time being to make it more robust. I hope they eventually will do, there's nothing like it out there simplicity wise in using it.

Do you happen to have the 1.2xx version you wrote about? I had lifetime with Slysoft back then too. And will that work with the current Redfox?

Think I have the setup yes, but as I stated before, no it doesn't work with redfox keys. That one only accepts former slysoft keys.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I've got my old Slysoft keys but if I understand you correctly, it sounds like I'd have to remove Redfox and install Slysoft to be able to use the CloneMobile version 1.2xx?

Thanks mmdavis. I didn't understand all that mpeg2 vs mp4 or passthrough encoder stuff... : ( I'll see if I can find my old computer that still has the old Slysoft on it. One would think that Redfox would put out a newer fix cause most of us did purchase this lifetime user license as well as the last one with Slysoft. And if the world had chocolate waterfalls and gumdrop raindrops, huh?

I didn't understand all that mpeg2 vs mp4 or passthrough encoder stuff...
Don't worry about that, the link was for the 1.2.0.1 version. Just use it for what you need. That version works all the time, every time.

I'm a little confused...does that mean just uninstall my current version of CloneDVDmobile, and install that old version you sent the link to, and then just let me current version of Redfox do it's thing and then use the old version of CloneDVDmobile you sent? Or can I just leave my current setup the same and install that old version of CloneDVDmobile and use that instead of the current version? Thanks for your patience and understanding. I do appreciate the help.

I'm a little confused...does that mean just uninstall my current version of CloneDVDmobile, and install that old version you sent the link to, and then just let me current version of Redfox do it's thing and then use the old version of CloneDVDmobile you sent? Or can I just leave my current setup the same and install that old version of CloneDVDmobile and use that instead of the current version? Thanks for your patience and understanding. I do appreciate the help.
You can have multiple versions installed at the same time. I have always had the 1201 version and a 190x version at the same time. Just need to make sure they are installed in different folders. They should as the old version will install it in C:\Program Files (x86)\SlySoft\ (or something similar), while the newer versions will install it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Redfox\ (or something similar).

can you provide us with a log file so we can take a closer look?

Sorry for the inconvenience, but could you give me step by step instructions on how to send you a log file? The software just stops and this window pops up about some errors. Should I just copy and paste it in word and send it to you? Thank you for jumping in. That would be great if it's fixed for all.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but could you give me step by step instructions on how to send you a log file? The software just stops and this window pops up about some errors. Should I just copy and paste it in word and send it to you? Thank you for jumping in. That would be great if it's fixed for all.
From the pretty well written CDVDm Help and Manual:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 21-01-16 at 11.26 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 21-01-16 at 11.26 AM.PNG
    266.2 KB · Views: 15
I hope I did this correctly. I'll try to attach the two files. One from the Summary Tab and I'm not sure if it's different, but I hit the same transocoder log button when I hit the log tab as well labelled log file 2.

Attachments

• log file.txt
    278 bytes · Views: 6
  • log file2.txt
    278 bytes · Views: 6
Hi Fabian, I appreciate you chiming in. I put the log in the previous entry. Unless you want something else. If so, can you give me detailed instructions on how to give you the log you're looking for please? Thank you.

Back