• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

based on your experience does downloading 20 to 25 Videos a day from Netflix

No, been doing unlimited since closed beta began in april last year. I've yet to see any effect.

The Netflix app has a download option, where you can save an encrypted copy of the film on your device, for offline viewing. Would this not essentially be the same?

F3CC2EB5-2A6F-4FC6-802B-2911104953E0.jpeg

No, not even remotely. As the Netflix app then does decryption on-the-fly of the encrypted file. The downloaded file itself is still encrypted and can only be played by that app.

AnyStream saves a DECRYPTED file from the get go, playable by any player (VLC for example) or even streaming server such as Plex.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

No, not even remotely. As the Netflix app then does decryption on-the-fly of the encrypted file. The downloaded file itself is still encrypted and can only be played by that app.

AnyStream saves a DECRYPTED file from the get go, playable by any player (VLC for example) or even streaming server such as Plex.

No, I get the difference in what AnyStream does. I’m not talking about when the video is decrypted.

As per the topic of the thread, the point I’m trying to make is should people have any concern regarding downloading video files at ‘unlimited’ speed using AnyStream, when you can pretty much download a file - albeit an encrypted one - at a similar speed, for offline viewing right there in the Netflix app?

Well maybe some people would like to watch it on a large TV, or use a media server (like myself) or keep a permanent backup of something that could disappear at any moment and never come back.

I think you’re still misunderstanding me. :)

I’m not saying AnyStream has no purpose either. I am a registered AnyStream user. I like to keep copies too.

What I am saying is this:

There is concern from some users where they feel they might be spotted downloading episodes/movies faster than they would normally stream them.

Is it plausible that a user downloading copies of a number of movies from Netflix using AnyStream may be no ‘worse’ than a user downloading movies for offline viewing on their device using the Netflix app?

I agree: if you can download over your IP address to a device - which AP and Netflix allow, then I see little/no difference if I do it with Anystream.

I have downloaded a lot on unlimited from both and no issues so far. But unless NF or AP can detect it’s AS, I don’t worry about it.

and i'll say again to your concern (3rd time now). NONE from me, as i said multiple times now, i've been doing unlimited speed from the start (often with sessions that eat up my full token amount in 1 session, thats 100), i've yet to see any negative impact. On both NF and amazon side.

Back