• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question about Fbi Warning

sfvt

How do you get rid of it on a movie?
Thanks

De-select the appropriate stream in CloneDVD. The preview will let you see which one that is.

True, but a relative rare event, so far.:agree:

Actually, sadly, the FBI warnings, etc are commonly placed in cells rather than as an independent titleset. The older movies didn't do this but newer ones [within the last few years] do and on a more frequent basis. You'll find that certain studios do it more than others and have a set pattern in how and where they put the warnings, etc.

Whats the big deal with the FBI warning? It dose not take up that much room. I assume you own the original?

Whats the big deal with the FBI warning? It dose not take up that much room. I assume you own the original?

In my case it's not about space. It's about the waste of me having to spend an extra few seconds viewing it and the whole aesthetic aspect of it being there and ruining the appearance of the movie. I want a nice pristine disc that goes right to the main menu and has all the extras that I wish to include. I want content and nothing but content. An FBI warning isn't content, IMHO. It's an eyesore. I own the DVD. Why in God's name do I need to see the warning every single time I view the disc? :D

Without putting too much into the context of the FBI warning, the facts about copying material can easily be boiled down to two things:

1. When you purchase media, you purchase the right to use it...i.e., the right to view or listen to the content. You don't own the rights to it in any other aspect.... whether it be copying, modifying, or releasing it in any other form(s).

2. You can, however, copy any material for personal use, such as a backup, IF and only IF it does not contain any means of copy protection. It's called, Fair Use. So be careful in telling someone, since they bought it... they have the right to do with it as they see fit. (all depends on location, and applicable laws)

So.... users like me, who believe you should maintain your rights to backup any media investment, need to make sure you know full well what that means.

Society is slowing changing (here in the US) the industries views on DRM protection. The more our society wants free will to create an honest backup, and the rights to view/listen to our media on any device we purchase... sooner or later, programs like AnyDVD and it's kindred... won't need to exist!!

Without putting too much into the context of the FBI warning, the facts about copying material can easily be boiled down to two things:

1. When you purchase media, you purchase the right to use it...i.e., the right to view or listen to the content. You don't own the rights to it in any other aspect.... whether it be copying, modifying, or releasing it in any other form(s).

2. You can, however, copy any material for personal use, such as a backup, IF and only IF it does not contain any means of copy protection. It's called, Fair Use. So be careful in telling someone, since they bought it... they have the right to do with it as they see fit. (all depends on location, and applicable laws)

So.... users like me, who believe you should maintain your rights to backup any media investment, need to make sure you know full well what that means.

Society is slowing changing (here in the US) the industries views on DRM protection. The more our society wants free will to create an honest backup, and the rights to view/listen to our media on any device we purchase... sooner or later, programs like AnyDVD and it's kindred... won't need to exist!!

Well put!!!

In my case it's not about space. It's about the waste of me having to spend an extra few seconds viewing it and the whole aesthetic aspect of it being there and ruining the appearance of the movie. I want a nice pristine disc that goes right to the main menu and has all the extras that I wish to include. I want content and nothing but content. An FBI warning isn't content, IMHO. It's an eyesore. I own the DVD. Why in God's name do I need to see the warning every single time I view the disc? :D

I share your sediments....It's my movie, can't I watch it the way I want to?

@ xCharvelx416
I agree with your assesment of applicable laws.......but as far as:

quote:Society is slowing changing (here in the US) the industries views on DRM protection. The more our society wants free will to create an honest backup, and the rights to view/listen to our media on any device we purchase... sooner or later, programs like AnyDVD and it's kindred... won't need to exist!!:quote

I think you are being overly optimistic.....the efforts of the industries have increasingly become more intrusive and restrictive. (ie: ever increasing copy protections, MS DRM, being forced on us with operating system advancements.}
In fact, I think the whole digital revolution was advanced by the "the industry".(it was pretty easy to make a copy of your vhs movies) I believe that if they had their way, it would be illeagle to discuss your opinion of a movie with others, for fear it may decrease their sales.
I agree that we all need to stand together, but I do not see this change in views, by the "industries" that you have mentioned.

Modifying Media (Getting rid of FBI warning)

Re

Just a thought

Does this mean that when I buy a book I cannot skip or remove an offending page or make notes on a page?

There is a little difference between CAN and ALLOWED TO.

As i'm aware you can do it for your copy, but you are not allowed to publish this "version" for money.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Back