• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[BUG but minor] Zero byte file after rate limit

BuddyFunJet

After hitting the rate limit, AnyStream leaves a zero byte file with the title of the attempted download.

Could AnyStream delete the zero byte file after the rate limit error is cleared or only create the file after the rate limit passes.

Having the zero byte title in the directory makes it easy to think it has already been downloaded when I come back after the waiting period.

thanks.

Could you elaborate a bit on what do you mean by the rate limit, please?

He mean with rate limit the Fair Use Policy. It seems so that AnyStream first create the file on hard disk and after that it checks the available rate.

Could you elaborate a bit on what do you mean by the rate limit, please?

Sorry for not being clearer. The rate limit error message is the message you get if you have exceeded your fair use quota and have to wait ?? minutes before downloading again.

I have been downloading 30 minute TV shows so I get the message often.

Oh, I see now. Thanks for the clarification, I will fix it for the next release.

@BuddyFunJet do you, probably, have a log file for such situation? Just to make sure I do not miss anything while taking care of this.

@BuddyFunJet do you, probably, have a log file for such situation? Just to make sure I do not miss anything while taking care of this.
I will post one the next time I hit the limit. It may be a few days since I moved to downloading movies to build up my available download counter. I’ll move back to 30 minute tv to run the counter down.

@Prospere Here is the log file. I upped my DL speed to unlimited to trigger issue. The zero byte file is created at the same time as the ratelimit exceeded message.

Log taken after all popup messages were cleared.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.7.0.astlog
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Totally didn't see this before I posted my feature request, my bad. But you could just do the license check before file creation. No tokens, no file.

Back