• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SOLVED - How to change sound of download completed?

BuddyFunJet

I would like to change the sound of the download completed "ding" on one of my machines to help identify the correct machine.

Which windows sound is used or is it a sound internal to AnyStream?

Thanks.

What version are you using, cause I don't think AS uses a sound. That's on the request list though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

What version are you using, cause I don't think AS uses a sound. That's on the request list though.

1.0.7. The sound happens when the download completed message appears.

I have tried adjusting a few of the windows default sounds to see if I could change it but no luck. The sound must be the sound internal to AnyStream or Anystream uses a windows default sound that I haven't tried.

Just tried to replicate this. Neither Amazon nor Netflix side make an audible sound on download completion. It's not AnyStream doing it.

Just tried to replicate this. Neither Amazon nor Netflix side make an audible sound on download completion. It's not AnyStream doing it.

Mine does. I bet it's one of the Windows sound events. Probably the exclamation event for dialog boxes.

Very odd. I get a sound from both Netflix and Amazon on two separate, physical machines running separate licenses.

In case it might help, attached is my log file. Maybe some error shortly before the completed notice is making the sound

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.7.0.astlog
    2 MB · Views: 0
Very odd. I get a sound from both Netflix and Amazon on two separate, physical machines running separate licenses.

In case it might help, attached is my log file. Maybe some error shortly before the completed notice is making the sound

open your start menu and type "change system sounds." Look for "exclamation" and play it. Is that what your hearing?

If so, try setting it to what you want.

DrX

open your start menu and type "change system sounds." Look for "exclamation" and play it. Is that what your hearing?

If so, try setting it to what you want.

DrX

No luck with Exclamation. Now trying asterisk.

UPDATE: Asterisk was the one. While my question is solved, it is odd that others have no sound at all.

Last edited:
No luck with Exclamation. Now trying asterisk.

UPDATE: Asterisk was the one. While my question is solved, it is odd that others have no sound at all.

Because it's a configurable thing, and like most Windows annoyances, they have it turned off.

There's certainly a "bing", but there's also a pop-up window to tell you that your download is complete. If you have disabled that pop-up, you won't get the sound either.

As others have reported, it's a system sound ("Asterisk") in Windows, which you can also change or turn off in the Windows control panel.

I have that pop-up on the Netflix side and I still don't get the sound.

I have that pop-up on the Netflix side and I still don't get the sound.

Have you checked the Asterisk sound in your sound settings?

Also, I'm running on a physical machine and a VM might be different.

It's enabled. I have had the very rare occasional sound like that, but it definitely wasn't on the download completed stage. If that was happening i'd have that sound every 3 minutes when i start on netflix.

Back