• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Will not mount / rip ET and Ready Player One in 4K 'couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!'

GreatInca

**** ET -- 4K Blu-Ray -- Mounts but AnyDVD will not crack ****

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 8.5.1.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-XD07U 1.01
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 28941984 sectors (56527 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: ETUHD_UPK1
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 61
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

**** Ready Player One -- 4K Blu-Ray -- Mounts but AnyDVD will not crack ****

Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 43447232 sectors (84857 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: READY_PLAYER_ONE
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 61
Disc wants bus encryption!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Regular blu-Rays are working fine

**** ET -- Regular Blu-Ray -- Works ****
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 22635232 sectors (44209 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: ET_DOM
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 25
Removed AACS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.

**** Parasyte Maxim Disc 1 -- Regular Blu-Ray -- Works ****
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 18839808 sectors (36796 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: Parasyte 18 BD-1
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 65
Removed AACS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.

Ah another one. Stop using a pioneer drive. They're official UHD drives, and DO NOT work with anydvd. AnyDVD only works with UHD friendly drives and your drive is't one of those.

I googled UHD ready drives. Nothing Pioneer. Even the firware updaters mention 'no support for pioneer drives'. Looks like Asus makes the most of the 'UHD friendly' drives, but they are all 5.25" form factor desktop-internal drives.

I don't see anything in the way of external USB-powered laptop / slimline drives in 'UHD friendly' lists. Looks like it is just Pioneer or LG as the the no-name brands I've seen are hiding 'does not really actually BDXL discs' in their descriptions.

Last edited:
I wonder if AnyDVD will build a companion firmware patcher like DVDFab does? Maybe one that tackles slimline pioneer or LG drives?

You didn't find anything because you googled wrong. It's 'uhd FRIENDLY drives' not 'uhd READY drives'. It looks like you also didn't (bother) to read the stickies in the forum section I linked. They specifically tell you multiple drives that work and how other drives with non-friendly firmware can be made friendly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

All recomanded drives from the guide can be used in an external enclosure as well.

Yeah I saw that thanks, I actually have the ASUS 16D1HT 3.02. Your thread is helpful to those new to the game.
Was just trying to clarify for the OP, the stickies involve 10 threads, none of which are titled on which drives to buy or use. I agree, with Chevron that it would not have involved much to click the threads end explore, hell, your thread is the first one there.

Not by long shot, and my nickname isn't based on a gas station FYI, or my avatar world be their logo too. Now stop trying to bate me.

Not by long shot, and my nickname isn't based on a gas station FYI, or my avatar world be their logo too. Now stop trying to bate me.

What avatar? You mean that flickering stupid Christmas light? Whatsoever... Just avoid me. I try to avoid you.

Bingo on the first try

Visual Entertainment just released the original series season 1-10 on Blu-ray disc. The early seasons might be upconverts, but with the h246 codec, they're probably the best they have ever looked.

@Krawk, thanks for that note! I'll have to take a look. Wish the movie was deemed worthy of a 4K upgrade, too.

@Ch3vr0n -- locked and encoded, eh?

Cheers,

--michael

@Krawk, thanks for that note! I'll have to take a look. Wish the movie was deemed worthy of a 4K upgrade, too.

@Ch3vr0n -- locked and encoded, eh?

Cheers,

--michael
Yup, got big plans for my new gadget (large 3d printer) in relation to that show.

Back