• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Best ripping to conversion process?

themadgamer

Hello,

I have been using AnyDVD HD for a few years and Handbrake as the converter. What is the best software to work with AnyDVD HD? The reason I am asking is that I have intermittent issues with narration on some blu-Ray RIP's that I have completed. I have read it is because some tracks need to be edited out, but Handbrake does not really do that. Please let me know what you recommend, thank you!

Thank you. I will download it and give it a try!

If you have An NVIDIA GPU CloneBD is good. If you have an AMD GPU you will most likely (in my opinion) want to stick with Handbrake. That is assuming you would want to use hardware acceleration. If not then it does not matter.

I say this as an owner of both an AMD GPU and a CloneBD license.

You mention process. I am not sure how you do it but I normally just load a disc with AnyDVD then use my preferred app to convert to MKV. Sometimes a disc will give me issues and assuming the disc is physically OK I will use AnyDVD to copy it to hard disk and then use my app to convert to MKV.

This is just my 2 cents.

Thank you, I do have a nVidia card so that works fine. My issue with handbrake is that I get narration randomly on movies, so I cant strip that track out. As soon as I used CloneBD, it seemed to fix the movies I had issues with. Thank you very much for the response and I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Thank you, I do have a nVidia card so that works fine. My issue with handbrake is that I get narration randomly on movies, so I cant strip that track out. As soon as I used CloneBD, it seemed to fix the movies I had issues with. Thank you very much for the response and I hope you have a Happy New Year!

Yes, you can. If you're getting directors comments it simply means you're selecting the wrong audio track to embed.

Yes, you can. If you're getting directors comments it simply means you're selecting the wrong audio track to embed.

Ch3vr0n, correct me if I am wrong but can that not also be the playlist chosen?

In any case, CloneBD does do a better job than Handbrake of auto selecting things like playlist and sound tracks in my opinion.

Playlists load ALL available video and language tracks possible. If you then select the wrong one to be in the mkv for example that's not software error, that's user error.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Playlists load ALL available video and language tracks possible. If you then select the wrong one to be in the mkv for example that's not software error, that's user error.

I really wasn't trying to assess or assign blame just trying to help the guy out.

I know with handbrake I have had situations where choosing certain playlists yielded forced narration and changing the playlist would not have the forced narration. I guess this has to do with audio tracks associated with a playlist which could be manually altered but my point was choosing the correct playlist also "resolves" the issue.

Obviously this has nothing to do with AnyDVD but CloneBD is a less fussy option in my opinion for reasons like this.

Neither was I, and yes. CloneBD is better from my point of view. But it's still the users responsibility to make sure they select the proper audio track for the output file. CloneBD does an excellent change at guessing, but however slim, it can still guess wrong (or the user have selected the wrong track)

Neither was I, and yes. CloneBD is better from my point of view.
And why are you arguing?

But it's still the users responsibility to make sure they select the proper audio track for the output file. CloneBD does an excellent change at guessing, but however slim, it can still guess wrong (or the user have selected the wrong track)

That's why CloneBD has a full blown preview player, where you can see and hear your selection.

I use Mkvtoolnix to convert blu-ray playlist to mkv file with AnyDVD enabled. Then I use ffmpeg to compress the video. It is good for me.

can CloneBD convert mkv files?, cant find that option, grabbed the evaluation copy? or do i need to have the disc? i usuly only been doing remuxes with MakeMKV but i was thinking about starting to compress

It can create mkv's yes from iso's, discs or folder structures. It can't load them to reconvert them.

Just an idea/ suggestion to add my 2 cents for video conversion I have used Any Video Converter and it works very well to convert pretty much any video file. Not to take take away from the topic or the great software Redfox has to offer.

Decided to read up on FFMPEG comandline coversion, easy enogh and gonna go that rute insted

Back