• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Scanner *PREVIEW*

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuriHL

UHD Guru
WARNING: This is NOT to be used right now in the List of UHDs currently UN-supported in AnyDVD thread. DO NOT DO IT. Testiles is not ready for this program yet. Continue to use the Parser in that thread until this is released. Most of the functionality of this program is currently disabled to prevent misuse.

What is the scanner?
A replacement program for the Parser that is currently used to scan logs of unsupported UHD discs to get the OPD ID in order to add a title to the unsupported list. Instead of reading log files, the new AnyDVD Scanner program will use AnyDVD to create logs from the disc/s you have mounted in your enabled drives.

Sounds useful...how do I use it?
Download the zip file attached to this post and extract it. Run the AnyDVD_Scanner.exe.

On first run, you will see that the program has a textbox to enter your Forum Username, and the Scan and Prepare Forum Post buttons are disabled. Once you enter your username in the textbox, the Scan button will be enabled. Make sure you've mounted whatever disc/s you wish to scan in your drives, wait for AnyDVD to settle down after reading the disc/s, and then press the scan button. Wait until AnyDVD has scanned all the disc/s you have mounted.

During the scanning, depending on if your disc is supported or not, you may be prompted to enter additional information for the disc. 2 of the fields on the popup dialog will be required and 1 is optional.

Title (required) - Enter a human readable title description for the disc.
Country of Release (required) - Select the country the title was released in
Vendor (optional) - Enter the retailer where the disc was purchased

If you click cancel on this dialog, you will be asked if you are sure. If you say yes, the title will be removed as though it were never scanned. If you click save, the title will be added and you will see the output text updated with your title information.

This will repeat for all unsupported titles that are found. If you have multiple discs to scan and only have one drive, insert the disc, allow AnyDVD to scan it, press the scan button, enter the title information, remove the disc and insert the next disc, and repeat the process until you are done. The scans will accumulate until you press the Prepare Forum Post button.

So what is it I'm actually looking for in this preview testing?

There's a lot of code under the covers that interfaces with AnyDVD. I'm looking to see if there are any issues with scanning, problems entering title information, etc. I'm hoping that it simply works and you're able to scan all your discs. You may try to scan additional non-UHD disc types. It should warn you of this. For blu-ray discs, it'll simply tell you they are supported. Feedback is welcome.

My goal here is to be DONE with developing this thing. It was meant to take a couple days and has been in development for far longer than that now. And I'm still not sure it'll work for everyone. Hence the preview. We need to find out if there are any issues people run into with scanning their discs. That is what I'm looking for here.

Because I do NOT want to bother Testile's existing process with this, several things are disabled. It will tell you when you press the Prepare Forum Post button that the data was copied to the clipboard. This is a lie. :) Also, when released, this program will create additional output that is currently not being generated by this program. All of that functionality will be enabled when the time is right.

Thanks for taking the time to play and give feedback. Please keep all feedback on this preview in this thread. DO NOT post in the Unsupported title thread about this program until it's officially released. Let's get the bugs worked out to make the release that much smoother for Testiles.

Enjoy!

P.S. You must have AnyDVD 8.5.0.4 or higher installed to use this.

Last edited:
I have removed the link to the preview build. The 3 of you who downloaded are welcome to provide any feedback you find, however, development has moved far beyond what was contained in that build. We were able to gleam the feedback we needed from the preview release and lots of bugs have been fixed. I'm not going to commit to a timeline on this, but we are very close to having a full release of this utility soon. More to come!

I have removed the link to the preview build. The 3 of you who downloaded are welcome to provide any feedback you find, however, development has moved far beyond what was contained in that build. We were able to gleam the feedback we needed from the preview release and lots of bugs have been fixed. I'm not going to commit to a timeline on this, but we are very close to having a full release of this utility soon. More to come!
Since I was one of the 3 that did download this before you pulled the link, here's what your app did for my copy of Tenet:

LABEL: TENET
OPD: BD_2881d9e5f268
SCode: 1

So, this is the first, for me, UHD Blu-ray that AnyDVD hasn't yet supported.

I do wish that your app had a copy link that is noticeable. I was lucky to get this to copy.

:)

Bought it from Amazon in USA.

SamuriHL, what the heck does SCode mean?

That was intentional for the preview as I didn't want it to be used to submit titles. That's good that it worked for you. The release version will output a file that'll be attached to forum posts and will automagically copy the report to the clipboard to paste into your forum post, as well. The final kinks are being worked out (and it's looking REALLY good) and we'll be releasing it soon. Thanks for looking at it!

That was intentional for the preview as I didn't want it to be used to submit titles. That's good that it worked for you. The release version will output a file that'll be attached to forum posts and will automagically copy the report to the clipboard to paste into your forum post, as well. The final kinks are being worked out (and it's looking REALLY good) and we'll be releasing it soon. Thanks for looking at it!
Thanks a million!

It looks good.

:thankyou::dance::bowdown:

Bought it from Amazon in USA.

SamuriHL, what the heck does SCode mean?

I moved this post because as I was clear in the OP, I DO NOT want these posts to end up in the support thread until the tool is released. Please do not use this preview to post in that thread.

I moved this post because as I was clear in the OP, I DO NOT want these posts to end up in the support thread until the tool is released. Please do not use this preview to post in that thread.
Sorry about that.

Question:

Can I just state what the ID is for Tenet, country of origin for the 4K Blu-ray, and leave it at that?

In the other thread, I mean.

You don't need to. See this:

Means that it's on the list already so you don't need to post it.

Question:

Can I just state what the ID is for Tenet, country of origin for the 4K Blu-ray, and leave it at that?

In the other thread, I mean.
You don't need to. See this:

Means that it's on the list already so you don't need to post it.

Hi, whatever_gong82.

Glad you had a chance to work with the Preview version of the Scanner!

Yeah, the intention is not to post from this Preview Scanner onto the UN-supported thread.

Currrently, the new tool (and related programs) are looking solid in testing -- and the finalized Scanner will likely be released on the thread sometime next week.

Then you can use the final version and post to your heart's content! :=)

Just so you know, when the tool is officially rolled out, you would post the results for a title it shows as "Still Unsupported".

I will be using that type post to update the record for that title -- still unsupported as of that date.

It looks good.

Glad you like it!!!!

Cheers!!

T

An additional note:

The almost finished AnyDVD scanner now notes that my 4K UHD Blu-ray copy of Tenet is now supported, just like it was noted in the regular AnyDVD HD (UHD Only) Forum earlier today.

:)

Hi @SamuriHL

is it normal that the .zip is password protected ? What is the passport like or is it not relevant to have it ?

Attachments

• ScanR.JPG
    ScanR.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 17
  • PassProt.JPG
    PassProt.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 17
Yes, it's normal. The zip files are generated by the scanner to be processed by a process that testiles uses on his end. They aren't meant to be human readable/manipulated.

Ahh ok (y),
I noticed because I wanted to look into the text file to see what it is being generated

Nothing really. It's the same text as what's copied to the clipboard with a header that says what user it came from. That's all it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back