• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question before buying. Resolution cap?

dvd4fun

Assuming proper HD/4K subscription to Netflix and/or Amazon, both these guys seams pretty sensitive about the connecting client OS, security levels and other DRM features when it comes to streaming HD/4K. Will Netflix and/or Amazon limit stream resolution to lower than subscribed while recording with AnyStream ?

Thanks.

Assuming proper HD/4K subscription to Netflix and/or Amazon, both these guys seams pretty sensitive about the connecting client OS, security levels and other DRM features when it comes to streaming HD/4K. Will Netflix and/or Amazon limit stream resolution to lower than subscribed while recording with AnyStream ?

Thanks.
Anystream DOESNT RECORD IT DOWNLOADS and Up to 1080p Only NOT 4K!

AS can download up to 1080p. 4K is not supportet yet.

Thanks for your response.
Bad choice of word sorry. I knew Anystream is not a "recorder".
Is the 1080p dictated by Amazon/Netflix or by Anystream? If by Anystream, any plans for going higher eventually?

How our Netflix and Amazon credentials (UID/PW) are stored?

dictated by Amazon/Netflix or by Anystream
Well, both.
For anything lower than 1080p, it is dictated by Amz and NF. AS can only download if it is avaible.
For 4K, it is by AS, because it is not supportet yet.

Thanks for your response.
Bad choice of word sorry. I knew Anystream is not a "recorder".
Is the 1080p dictated by Amazon/Netflix or by Anystream? If by Anystream, any plans for going higher eventually?

How our Netflix and Amazon credentials (UID/PW) are stored?
it will if chrome ever streams in 4k and 4k hdr but atm it doesnt, and the UN and PWDS arnt stored by anystream as far as we know

Is the 1080p dictated by Amazon/Netflix or by Anystream?

The plan you purchased dictates what quality you get from the service.

As far as 4K goes... Chrome may not support it yet, but Microsoft Edge does. Seeing as the new Edge is built off Chrome, it's Google's problem they don't official support the higher resolution.

Steaming online via our HTPC.. with Edge, is the only way to watch 4K/UHD selections.
(I haven't tested Firefox with 4K)

Thanks.

Erm... The website for AnyStream expressly tells you what it supports?..

Attachments

• AS-RTFM.jpg
    AS-RTFM.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 16
Erm... The website for AnyStream expressly tells you what it supports?..
Maybe my question was not clear, but other understood it. So I got my response. Thanks guys.
I got one more before I buy :) and will ask it again in a separate thread.
(How our Netflix and Amazon credentials (UID/PW) are stored?)

Just for you now. My question was server side, not client side. The clients can support 16K and this spec can even be used for marketing (RTFM me as much as you want). But if the servers sense these clients are not "compliant" (DRM, rooted, security levels, name it), they can limit the resolutions they send. So no matter what the client is bragging about, the stream resolution will be capped by the servers.

Maybe my question was not clear, but other understood it. So I got my response. Thanks guys.
I got one more before I buy :) and will ask it again in a separate thread.
(How our Netflix and Amazon credentials (UID/PW) are stored?)

Just for you now. My question was server side, not client side. The clients can support 16K and this spec can even be used for marketing (RTFM me as much as you want). But if the servers sense these clients are not "compliant" (DRM, rooted, security levels, name it), they can limit the resolutions they send. So no matter what the client is bragging about, the stream resolution will be capped by the servers.

Doesn't 4K require SGX, rendering your question kinda pointless? But since as it was "just for me:" no matter what the servers provide, if the software warrants FHD support that's all you're "promised" at the time of purchase.

As for credentials they are at the very least stored on the local machine (just like any browser) and given that Amazon requires 2FA for new locations, I've not had suspicious login attempts yet... As for Netflix, doesn't that have a limit on "active" devices?

Doesn't 4K require SGX, rendering your question kinda pointless?

As for credentials they are at the very least stored on the local machine (just like any browser) and given that Amazon requires 2FA for new locations, I've not had suspicious login attempts yet... As for Netflix, doesn't that have a limit on "active" devices?

The question was not pointless. Netflix and Amazon is pushing no more that 720p on my 4K Android Boxes.
AS will not get better resolution than what is pushed by the servers no matter how high AS supports.
I'm happy with 1080p and at this point, I don't care if it's a client or a server limitation.

As far as the creds, sounds good to me. Thanks.

The question was not pointless. Netflix and Amazon is pushing no more that 720p on my 4K Android Boxes.
AS will not get better resolution than what is pushed by the servers no matter how high AS supports.

You entirely missed what I was saying: even if providers manifested UHD streams, there's absolutely no guarantee that those streams could be deciphered. Can the providers nuke FHD streams to browsers? Sure, but it's a cost-benefit trade off to them: on the one hand they don't want people "keeping" sh!t, on the other, (a) I hazard a guess it's actually driving their revenues up with people actually paying for content they otherwise wouldn't and (b) it's driving people away from pirates who actually make money on this.

I totally understood what you said. You were not answering my question and even RTFMed me to the AS advertising section. Again I was not looking for a client side answer. But since people like you are actually using the product. I'm sure you can tell if the resolution your are downloading is detuned or not.

I'm gonna use your words then to recraft it then. "I was wondering if the providers were going to nuke streams downloaded with AS".

As far as I'm concern this thread is closed, I'm happy with 1080p.

I totally understood what you said. You were not answering my question and even RTFMed me to the AS advertising section. Again I was not looking for a client side answer. But since people like you are actually using the product. I'm sure you can tell if the resolution your are downloading is detuned or not.

Well, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but since as you're so insistent: why are you asking on AS forum about something that is entirely outside of AnyStream's and RedFox's, as a whole, control? Anything outside of what RedFox warrants that AnyStream can do now is pure speculation. You might as well speculate if you are going to get run over by a car before you manage to download all you want using AnyStream, that's the sort of question you've posed... My purpose of RTFMing the warranties (cf. "advertising section" as you put it) is to tell you this is what the devs say it can do now if you buy it now, anything else is reading tea leaves.

Edit: besides, you're not the first person who asks that identical question, it's as if if many people ask the same question over and over the answer will change somehow. If people want to know for sure: both providers have support people who are able to answer your questions.

This is funny.
Q:"why are you asking on AS forum about something that is entirely outside of AnyStream's and RedFox's, as a whole, control?"
A: "I'm sure you can tell if the resolution your are downloading is detuned or not."

"you're not the first person who asks that identical question"
I guess I missed it, maybe worth to be included in the FAQ.

I rather not ask the question to Amazon and Netflix as they are not big supporters these kind of products that can defeat both their business model and DRM model (you mentioned it in one of your post). As of now, Anystream users represent just tiny tiny bit of their customer base. So they are not likely going to do any thing about it. These guys are also using powerful analyzing tools to monitor network traffic behaviors. AS users and alike should be good as long as they are note generating concerning anomalies that distinguish themselves (in a bad way) from the rest of the crowd.

Btw, my usecase is rather simple. I like Android Media boxes, but not a big fan of the nVidia Shield box. I pay for HD content but my Android based media setup is not "approved" by Netflix and Amazon for HD content. So they cap the resolution to 720p. I'll gladly use AS just to get what I paid for in the living room.

Back