• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Discs Ripping limits

hbelouf

I have about 2000+ discs that I want to create isos for. I wanted to find out if there is any limits to how many BluRays/DVDs you can rip in a week or in a day, with a full purchased AnyDVD HD.

Currently hitting a limit with purchased dvdfab passkey, which limits you to about 70 unique discs per week.

Someone from Redbox will respond but I had about many discs when I started the process. I put 3 optical drives in one pc and ripped continuously at beginning of my move from disc to NAS.

Anydvd has no such limits. Another thing why it's better than what I like to call DVDcrap. Alot less bloatware too (aka none).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Someone from Redbox will respond but I had about many discs when I started the process. I put 3 optical drives in one pc and ripped continuously at beginning of my move from disc to NAS.
I think that you meant RedFox, not the DVD/Blu-ray rental people.

:)

I have about 2000+ discs that I want to create isos for. I wanted to find out if there is any limits to how many BluRays/DVDs you can rip in a week or in a day, with a full purchased AnyDVD HD.

Currently hitting a limit with purchased dvdfab passkey, which limits you to about 70 unique discs per week.
AnyDVD has no limit.
DVDFab passkey sucks.

Why would anyone limit disc ripping? There is no reason to do that totally stupid. Do they feel an obligation to limit backups to fight piracy? That makes zero sense. I would stay away from DVDfab. I have owned anyDVD for years and never had any limits or problems.

Well, I got my refund even after they put me in the "unlimited ripping group".
I wanted to purchase anydvd (probably purchase lifetime) but I cannot since visa option is still not available when checking out.

Wow, thats some serious storage space you have. Even if just dvd and not Bluray. You're on a level I'm not on for storage space.

I have 5,000+ discs. Using 3 Qnap NAS devices, and access on TV's with myMovies.dk & Dune Solo player.

I have 5,000+ discs. Using 3 Qnap NAS devices, and access on TV's with myMovies.dk & Dune Solo player.

I have same setup but use Synology. I want to start ripping 4k but can’t find a player with all HDR options including DV and HDR10+. Dune released something in last month that has write words. Waiting for early adopters to give feedback.

Do you rip movie only?

I have ripped movies only in the past to save space...but so many times I wanted to use the menus on original disc for something, so about 2 years ago I started to just rip entire disc...I'll eventually need a 4th Qnap....and will fill it with Western Digital 14TB WD Red Plus NAS Internal Hard Drive - 5400 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, CMR, 512 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD140EFFX....probably will get a 6-8 bay. My earlier QNap's are 4 & two 8 Bay drives filled with 6, 8, & 10 TB's as they got larger. Yes, these HD's are expensive, but if you buy a top quality NAS drive, you can depend on it for many years. My oldest 4 Bay Qnap is now 9 years old, and still works with the WD Red Plus 4GB drives. I use Raid 5

As far as 4k, I'm not obsessing over that format, as my LG CX 65" OLED 4K that I got last October for $1799 from PC Richards upcodes, and generally looks so friggin' good even when fed DVD's, I'm very happy with any of my media displaying. I have the original Dune D1 player, but then bought two of the Solo 4k HD's and all three work perfectly. IMHO, the critical piece to address your concerns is the quality of TV that is displaying media.

Last edited:
Back