• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New User

hart2hart

I’m new to AnyStream. Been using anydvd for years. Looks like file created is mp4 with embedded subtitles. I play ripped bd discs as movie only iso file on Dune Solo 4K. Works great.

I can not get subtitles to play on Dune in mp4 or when demuxing mp4 with tsmuxer and them remuxing. Read many posts and so far behind didn’t find methods.

What workflow do others recommend if playing back as mkv or iso container? Also are chapter marks part of the stream?

In regards to subtitles, I opt to download them as SRT files (usually only do this whenever there are English Forced subtitles, or if it's a non-English movie with non burned-in subtitles), then I'll import both the downloaded MP4 file and SRT subtitles into Handbrake so I can burn the subtitles into the video stream and save as an MKV file. This solves issues I have when I play files directly on the TV via the USB port and the TV's internal decoder (subtitles too big, in wrong position, etc).

Unfortunately, chapter breaks are not part of the stream. I did experiment by extracting the chapter breaks from an old DVD and try to integrate them into the download, but inevitably the durations didn't match and the chapters were at the wrong place. Short of manually adding in chapters, it just isn't worth it.

Last edited:
In regards to subtitles, I opt to download them as SRT files (usually only do this whenever there are English Forced subtitles, or if it's a non-English movie with non burned-in subtitles), then I'll import both the downloaded MP4 file and SRT subtitles into Handbrake so I can burn the subtitles into the video stream and save as an MKV file. This solves issues I have when I play files directly on the TV via the USB port and the TV's internal decoder (subtitles too big, in wrong position, etc).

Unfortunately, chapter breaks are not part of the stream. I did experiment by extracting the chapter breaks from an old DVD and try to integrate them into the download, but inevitably the durations didn't match and the chapters were at the wrong place. Short of manually adding in chapters, it just isn't worth it.

Thanks. I had missed option to download srt subtitles. I am using tsmuxer to combine video and audio from mp4 file with srt subtitles. It plays great on Dune player. Likely could do same with makemkv tool set but old habits... lol

I do rip tv episodes with makemkv and it’s wonderful. Just always packaged movies as iso file.

Thank you.

They (streaming providers) sure compress the hell out of the titles. Video suffers.

They (streaming providers) sure compress the hell out of the titles. Video suffers.
Perfectly normal, it's just that they compressed them even more than normal with the pandemic going on to avoid internet traffic network congestion due to all the extra people staying at home that normally wouldn't be home.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Perfectly normal, it's just that they compressed them even more than normal with the pandemic going on to avoid internet traffic network congestion due to all the extra people staying at home that normally wouldn't be home.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks. Really like AnyStream (lifetime license) but I’ll hold off doing more until they ease up on compression. I buy mostly discs and rip movie only with anydvd to get best quality but was planning for some minor titles that I would use AnyStream.

At least I’ve learned how to repackage the mp4 and srt files into an iso container so I can play with dune player instead of having to switch to Apple TV with Plex for movies created through AnyStream. Couldn’t get mp4 embedded subtitles to work with dune.

Thanks. Really like AnyStream (lifetime license) but I’ll hold off doing more until they ease up on compression. I buy mostly discs and rip movie only with anydvd to get best quality but was planning for some minor titles that I would use AnyStream.

At least I’ve learned how to repackage the mp4 and srt files into an iso container so I can play with dune player instead of having to switch to Apple TV with Plex for movies created through AnyStream. Couldn’t get mp4 embedded subtitles to work with dune.
you'll probably be waiting until the pandemic is over then. I don't see that happening any time soon (even with the vaccines now becoming available.) It'll be a while before things go back to normal, people stop having to work from home and compressions are back to normal too.

Back