• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream and UHD.

Ron Hill

I notice on the product description page that Amazon Prime and Netflix are supported up to 1080p resolution. Any reason why UHD is not supported.. or is it? I had a look on the FAQ but couldn't see an answer. Apologies if I missed it.

Technical limitations. No browser supports UHD display at the moment. Partial anystream functionality relies on a chromium based browser.

I was hoping to be able to get UHD files of the streams I watch for playback on my AV system as opposed to a PC. Currently I use the WebOS Amazon Prime app on my LG TV but I would prefer to watch via my Oppo 203 free of bandwidth fluctuation issues. Once I get my new PC next week I shall be purchasing AnyStream to support ongoing development. Hopefully UHD support will come further down the line.

Last edited:
No browser supports UHD display at the moment.
This is not true. Microsoft Edge supports 4K NF (not sure about Amz) and since it is Chromium based now...
But of course you need the hardware with HDCP 2.2 and so on.

One would think that as AnyStream is downloading rather than playing that actual UHD hardware would not be required and that the program would simply have to fool the service into thinking that it's playing on UHD hardware. I imagine that's not a trivial task though. Faking HDCP 2.2 handshaking essentially.

it's not that trivial i'm afraid. There's no HDCP involved in anystream. That's a handake between an display output port (hdmi, displayport...) and the display monitor, hardware based in the ports. It's not a software thing.

Okay. So if the HDCP 2.2 stuff goes on between the output HDMI and the display which is outside AnyStream could AnyStream not simply send a signal back to the streaming service to effectively say "yep I'm good to go for UHD" just to get access to the stream? Just trying to get a handle on where the blocker is.

No because there's nothing to fake. It's a physical handshake built into the hdmi ports for example. You can't fake that

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

wish all streaming providers, amazon,netflix,hulu, stan,appletv+ would support 4k and 4k hdr streaming via chrome would be great

4k isn't happening any time soon. Streaming provider suggestions: wrong topic. There's a sticky for that

So, what if you actually have a UHD compliant PC setup that can play Amazon Prime UHD in say Microsift Edge. Could AnyStream work with that in theory to get UHD capability?

Just to be clear, are you saying that it's not possible to implement UHD support for a machine totally capable of UHD streaming in a chromium based browser at some point down the line or is it just that this is not on the development plan priorities currently? I just want to be clear before I commit money to a purchase. If it is technically possible then i'd like to submit the idea of UHD support as a feature request. Thanks for all the clarification so far and the excellent job on all theses forums Ch3vr0n.

Currently not possible due to technical encryption limitations, and most likely won't be possible for the foreseeable future because of that.

Thanks again for the clarification Ch3vr0n. I still think it's an excellent product with potential and as soon as I get my new PC (arriving any day now) I'll be availing myself of that Christmas 20% discount offer on a full licence.

That discount is active right now.

wish all streaming providers, amazon,netflix,hulu, stan,appletv+ would support 4k and 4k hdr streaming via chrome would be great
4K support on Chrome has already started rolling out as a “soft release

Technical limitations. No browser supports UHD display at the moment. Partial anystream functionality relies on a chromium based browser.

That is entirely incorrect. Edge Browser fully supports 4K.

Back