• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Strange error downloading a title on Amazon Prime

SynapseDon

Hello,

I have removed the actual title of the film from this message. Hopefully, the log file gives enough information for RedFox.bz.

I think I may have mentioned this specific title before, but I still get the exact same error every time I try to download from Amazon. When downloading this title from Prime Video, no matter what speed I use, the title saves successfully but, during playback, the video freezes almost exactly 30 seconds before the end of the feature as the audio continues to play normally.

Basically, while playing, the end credits freeze in mid-crawl but the audio for the end credits continues to play until the film stops. I have attached what I hope is the helpful log file for investigation.

I bought this title long ago on my Vudu account and Amazon Prime. When streaming this film, the title plays correctly and does not freeze at the end on both services.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.0.6.1.astlog
    18.7 KB · Views: 0
Hello,

I have removed the actual title of the film from this message. Hopefully, the log file gives enough information for RedFox.bz.

I think I may have mentioned this specific title before, but I still get the exact same error every time I try to download from Amazon. When downloading this title from Prime Video, no matter what speed I use, the title saves successfully but, during playback, the video freezes almost exactly 30 seconds before the end of the feature as the audio continues to play normally.

Basically, while playing, the end credits freeze in mid-crawl but the audio for the end credits continues to play until the film stops. I have attached what I hope is the helpful log file for investigation.

I bought this title long ago on my Vudu account and Amazon Prime. When streaming this film, the title plays correctly and does not freeze at the end on both services.
your broadband it is then mines fine

your broadband it is then mines fine

Let me elaborate further. Having used AnyStream successfully now for over a month, this is the ONLY title I've run into this error with. It's an isolated issue only with this film in particular. No other films or series' I've downloaded have exhibited this issue.

Let me elaborate further. Having used AnyStream successfully now for over a month, this is the ONLY title I've run into this error with. It's an isolated issue only with this film in particular. No other films or series' I've downloaded have exhibited this issue.
the issue must be with the film what film is it? what country amazon us or uk prime??

the issue must be with the film what film is it? what country amazon us or uk prime??

Amazon Prime US. OVER THE EDGE starring Matt Dillon, which is an outstanding film from the 70s if anyone else is interested in its particular genre.

It plays through successfully when streaming from the platforms mentioned previously, but truncates on the Anystream download file. I downloaded it to my laptop using Amazon Prime's normal download interface (to take with me on a trip) and it downloaded/played through fine there, too.

I see that you deleted your message DannyBoi, after I got a reply alert, but I'll answer: The film freezes, using VLC Player (or even PowerDVD for MP4 playback) at 01:34:13, approx. 30 seconds before the film is really supposed to end.

I see that you deleted your message DannyBoi, after I got a reply alert, but I'll answer: The film freezes, using VLC Player (or even PowerDVD for MP4 playback) at 01:34:13, approx. 30 seconds before the film is really supposed to end.

It's a known "feature" just look at the posts on the forum.

its part of the film then i guess as alot of films are like that all depends on the cut of the film

its part of the film then i guess as alot of films are like that all depends on the cut of the film

So, if AnySteam downloads the same file that I am watching or downloading just fine via Amazon's interface, or on the Prime app on my Roku and/or Nvidia Shield, then why does it play properly there, but not in the downloaded file from AnySteam? Maybe I'm not clear in my description of the issue at the beginning of this thread. I have tried to explain that this film plays fine using the normal means of Amazon Prime, but ONLY truncates when it is downloaded via AnyStream. It's "not part of of the film" if this film plays as it's supposed to one way, but not with the downloaded file via AnySteam. Much in the same way people have complained that audio gets truncated on some downloads via AnySteam, I am just giving a different example of another anomaly I am finding with downloading files from AnySteam and I hope it can be investigated. Because AnyStream currently only supports Amazon and Netflix, the only version I can download and test via AnySteam is on Amazon. If/when AnyStream supports Vudu, it would be interesting to see if the same film downloaded from Vudu, has the same issue.

Just to reiterate... OVER THE EDGE plays absolutely fine, and to completion, on Amazon Prime using their own download tool and interface for viewing (tested on Roku, Shield and AppleTV's Amazon apps, as well as my Razer laptop). It is only via AnyStream's downloaded file version that the film freezes picture during the last 30 seconds of playback.

So, if AnySteam downloads the same file that I am watching or downloading just fine via Amazon's interface, or on the Prime app on my Roku and/or Nvidia Shield, then why does it play properly there, but not in the downloaded file from AnySteam? Maybe I'm not clear in my description of the issue at the beginning of this thread. I have tried to explain that this film plays fine using the normal means of Amazon Prime, but ONLY truncates when it is downloaded via AnyStream. It's "not part of of the film" if this film plays as it's supposed to one way, but not with the downloaded file via AnySteam. Much in the same way people have complained that audio gets truncated on some downloads via AnySteam, I am just giving a different example of another anomaly I am finding with downloading files from AnySteam and I hope it can be investigated. Because AnyStream currently only supports Amazon and Netflix, the only version I can download and test via AnySteam is on Amazon. If/when AnyStream supports Vudu, it would be interesting to see if the same film downloaded from Vudu, has the same issue.

Just to reiterate... OVER THE EDGE plays absolutely fine, and to completion, on Amazon Prime using their own download tool and interface for viewing (tested on Roku, Shield and AppleTV's Amazon apps, as well as my Razer laptop). It is only via AnyStream's downloaded file version that the film freezes picture during the last 30 seconds of playback.

Like I said a few posts before, you're not unique nor is it something new, it's a bug, just look at the messages on the forum.

Like I said a few posts before, you're not unique nor is it something new, it's a bug, just look at the messages on the forum.

What you said a few posts up only quoted my message that someone deleted a post before I had a chance to respond (so I answered the deleted post anyway). That's what it looked like you were referring to with your answer. This bug seemed a little different to me in that most people are having audio truncated before the video stops. In this instance, the video freezes before the audio stops. It seemed different enough to me and, even if a similar situation was reported with other programming, I felt it necessary to report this particular film's behavior to the developers for further investigation.

Last edited:
What you said a few posts up only quoted my message that someone deleted a post before I had a chance to respond (so I answered the deleted post anyway). That's what it looked like you were referring to with your answer. This bug seemed a little different to me in that most people are having audio truncated before the video stops. In this instance, the video freezes before the audio stops. It seemed different enough to me and, even if a similar situation was reported with other programming, I felt it necessary to report this particular film's behavior to the developers for further investigation.

I was replying precisely to what I quoted:

... The film freezes, using VLC Player (or even PowerDVD for MP4 playback) at 01:34:13, approx. 30 seconds before the film is really supposed to end.

;-)

Back