• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix/Amazon see usage of Anystream? + Security concerns

Orthos

Hello!

I just tested Anystream in demo mode and it works great, REALLY great!

When I always use 1x speed (or maybe later more) could it be possible that Amazon or Netflix see that I´m downloading videos (or just a normal stream for them?)? I don't want to receive mail from a lawyer or so... I also tested audials, but my pc crashes some times and the performance is bad, BUT it is a screen recorder. Here I can be pretty sure that nobody will notice the use of it. But Anystream is 1000% better!

Also I don´t have to enter my Account credentials within the other tool itself. I don't want to accuse anyone of anything here, but who guarantees that nobody will steal/use my access data if I enter them in Anystream (I am primarily concerned with my Amazon login data)?

Would be good if I could be sure of both!

Regards,
Orthos

At the very worse case scenario you'd get banned from Amazon streaming or Netflix for violation of TOS. Going after you for legal is very unlikely unless you are sharing/pirating the videos online. I can only speak for my personal experience that I have been using unlimited speed on Amazon for 3 months or so no issues. I haven't started on Netflix yet since AS limits downloads across both accounts waiting for my Amazon work to finish. 1x speed you shouldn't run into any time limit problems. I believe Netflix and Amazon see AS as chromium browser and you watching the videos, if you stay on 1x you should be perfectly fine.

Thanks for your reply!!

I would also like an answer from the developer on this. Also on the question about my concerns about entering my credentials directly into Anystream. How can I be sure that nothing bad happens with them? Changing the password for a short time during the usage of Anystream would only help to a limited extent (Especially at 1x speed).

I think this will put some people off buying, as well as me. Even if Anystream is a great product! If my concerns weren´t, I would have bought it some time ago... :/

Your concern about entering credentials is explicitly addressed in the FAQ. I suggest you start with that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Your concern about entering credentials is explicitly addressed in the FAQ. I suggest you start with that.

Thanks for the feedback! I actually overlooked that! :banghead:

The following idea came to me. In addition, you can also turn on 2-factor authentication at the provider to secure yourself! :) Then the password alone is not enough to use the account, in case the data is stored somewhere else.

Can someone tell me whether Anystream cracks and / or bypasses copy protection? Or is it just a stream download?
I searched the forum and couldn't find a suitable answer.

Can someone tell me whether Anystream cracks and / or bypasses copy protection? Or is it just a stream download?
I searched the forum and couldn't find a suitable answer.
The information you're looking for is present on the very product information page.

The information you're looking for is present on the very product information page.

You mean that? -> "Once downloaded as an MP4 file, content is unprotected and can be viewed with any video player."

If yes, does that mean that Anystream downloads a unprotected stream, or cracks Anystream that stream? The first one means that it is fully legal in my country if I use the files only for private use.

Regards,
Orthos

All streaming services by nature encrypt the actual streams, it's their native apps then that decrypt on the fly for playback. AnyStream does the same but puts it in an unprotected mp4 file instead of playing them.

No worries, that's why we're here!

Back