• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What UHD drive should I get that works with AnyDVD HD?

PRAGMA

There's a lot of conflicting information out there because of the whole LibreDrive MK firmware stuff.

If im correct, drive's working on MakeMKV for UHD, using LibreDrive (MK firmware) doesn't mean it will work on AnyDVD HD, in fact I have an Archgon drive that doesn't work because of this.

What drive's work on AnyDVD HD, and would I need to flash them?

I'm only interested in drives from LG and ASUS. Currently I'm eyeing the ASUS BW-16D1HT, however there seems to be 2 versions. One with DVD logo's and such on it, and one without. I presume one works and the other doesnt, so which one would I look to get?

There is actually no support for slim drives. In any case, I don't know any ...(n) Reading could be fine but ripping to your HDD is a diffrent thing.
I remember @coopervid wrote something about it a few days ago in the german section. We also don't know the "real" manufacturer of the drive.
It could e.g. Be a pioneer Then reading with AnyDVD won't work at all. :(
There is a list of recommended drives for this purpose here: https://forum.redfox.bz/forums/cd-dvd-bd-drives.25/
Perhaps you should have read it yourself before buying.

You are right Kufo, I should have read the thread before buying. Thanks to your quick answer I was able to cancel the order from Amazon and be able buy a recommended drive prepared with the latest firmware to be prepared for the AnyDVD HD program.
//Jan

Guys,

I don't get it...Please use search and READ!!!

@PRAGMA : The ASUS BW-16D1HT will do it. The external BW-16D1X-U wil not. There's a Pioneer drive in that enclosure.

@jourdoktorn: No slim drive works with AnyDVD. Read first - buy then. Not the other way around.

Get a drive from my list that is the best deal in your country. Flash to same firmware version MK-type, e.g 1.04 -> 1.04 MK. Then I recommend to cross-flash to ASUS BW-16D1HT if it's an LG.

Back