• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New Verison

Justin Fowles

Is there a new verison coming soon i wont buy it until all these bugs in it are fixed

No software is ever bug free. So I guess you'll never purchase then.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The only serious problems I have encountered so far are the truncation of some soundtracks, and the fact that some movies are only downloaded in SD even if they are in full HD 1080p when watched on-line.

There are of course lots of possible ways that this software can be improved, but I still consider it good value for money in its present condition.

Is there a new verison coming soon i wont buy it until all these bugs in it are fixed
would be nice to know when the new release is coming with the added batch for series downloads and hopefully more streaming sites added like disney plus and britbox have purchased software as not had any problems with bugs

would be nice to know when the new release is coming with the added batch for series downloads and hopefully more streaming sites added like disney plus and britbox have purchased software as not had any problems with bugs
That is impossible to say for 2 reasons

1. Redfox doesn't do ETA's at all, never have.
2. Even if they did do ETA's on a new version, it still wouldn't be possible to say when a version with batch downloading added would be released. For the very simple reason that batch downloading functionality has NOT been approved yet. It's still under consideration to be added.

The program is working fine right now, adding things might happen but when as Ch3vr0n said is impossible to know.
@ Justin Fowles

Then you will have to check in and see when you are satisfied. It works fine now.

I for one want them to stay far away from Disney plus. Amazon is a small dog while Netflix is a big dog in the streaming world. Disney is on a whole different level in so many entertainment areas, than those other two. I was around when the RIAA went after Napster and their users. A few Napster user were sued for their content which they gain via Napster. If Disney decides to send a copyright agency against Anystream, it is game over. Since you have to sign up for their service, one search warrant and one hard drive later. Someone is on the hook for $150000 per unexplained item.

You have to sign up for prime video and netflix service too. The $150,000 is the maximum statutory one can ask and rarely ever granted.

I for one want them to stay far away from Disney plus. Amazon is a small dog while Netflix is a big dog in the streaming world. Disney is on a whole different level in so many entertainment areas, than those other two. I was around when the RIAA went after Napster and their users. A few Napster user were sued for their content which they gain via Napster. If Disney decides to send a copyright agency against Anystream, it is game over. Since you have to sign up for their service, one search warrant and one hard drive later. Someone is on the hook for $150000 per unexplained item.
iam sure they would have gone after playon as they had it for years along with many other channels like vudu,hulu,so i dont think we have anything to fear

iam sure they would have gone after playon as they had it for years along with many other channels like vudu,hulu,so i dont think we have anything to fear

No, what PlayOn does is perfectly legal under the Betamax ruling. What AS may voilate the DMCA.

DrX

Edit: Fixed "does may." Should have been just "may."

Last edited:
No, what PlayOn does is perfectly legal under the Betamax ruling. What AS does may voilate the DMCA.

DrX

They'd argue circumvention of DRM, that would include AnyDVD as well. As for streaming as long as the analog hole is open (i.e. you can record just slower and lose quality) it is unlikely anyone is going to go after AS. There are other programs that grab the videos they just re-encode or record them.

That's up to $150k per work infringed. Unless you are publicly distributing to others stealing a personal license for yourself isn't going to get any statuary awards, you could in theory get stuck w/ a big fines. The napster days w/ RIAA was because people were sharing (i.e. distribution) as that was like Bit Torrent you downloaded and shared w/ the world hence you committed infringement. This is downloading for yourself, if you are stupid enough to go share it that's another can of worms but not AS fault.

Unfortunately copyright laws will probably keep getting stricter and always favor big guys like Disney.

They'd argue circumvention of DRM, that would include AnyDVD as well. As for streaming as long as the analog hole is open (i.e. you can record just slower and lose quality) it is unlikely anyone is going to go after AS. There are other programs that grab the videos they just re-encode or record them.

Um, yes, AnyDVD violates the DMCA as well. What's your point?

The "analog hole" means using analog connections to record, because digital ones are encrypted (e.g., HDCP). That has nothing to do with AS. AS downloads and DECRYPTS files from servers). It does not record. As I, and Ch3vr0n, and other have constantly explained, AS does not work like other programs. It does NOT record. It is NOT a screen grabber. Again, I don't get your point.

DrX

Hi,
it is great to have now the option to watch FHD videos on Windows. What i would like to know, is there a plan for a Kodi addon e.g. for live streaming or to watch videos without downloading them? I also wish to have the option for batch downloading videos.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,
it is great to have now the option to watch FHD videos on Windows. What i would like to know, is there a plan for a Kodi addon e.g. for live streaming or to watch videos without downloading them? I also wish to have the option for batch downloading videos.
Thanks

You can't watch FDH with anystream (or any resolution for that matter). So why would there be any use for a kodi plugin. None of that has anything to do with anystream.

The program is "Best of Class" just like it is. It's up to the developers if they want to add something but I seriously doubt it will have anything to do with Kodi. I may be wrong but I have serious doubts. Enjoy the program as it is now, if they add something it is a big bonus.

Back