• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Huge File Size

Amey8a

Hi fellow developers, I have just tried to use anystream on my amazon prime account and it sure works nice. I had one query though, I have downloaded a movie using amazon prime app for windows for offline viewing and it comes to be under 3gb but when I tried to get the same movie using anystream, the size of the file I got is 15 gb. So, I want to ask, does this software really decrypt the source video or record and stream the video using high bit rate settings. I haver tried recording the same video using shadowplay and it also came to be in order of 12gb. Any explanation is appreciable. Thank you.

Yes, AS is really downloading the video and does not convert anything. The different file size might be because AS downloads the highest quality avaible and the Prime Video app maybe only a smaller file to save bandwith and space.
Also, it is depending on your computer and browser wich quality you get. For example only Microsoft Edge is capable to play 4k video and some even get only 720p. (As far as i know, they can change that every time).

If I were to guess I'd say the app downloads all available audio tracks while AnyStream can currently only do 1.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If I were to guess I'd say the app downloads all available audio tracks while AnyStream can currently only do 1.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I tried a movie with two languages and was not able to choose between them (which one I want to get). So this could be a possible thing.

Nope, the movie have only single audio. Anystream and amazon prime app downloads the same 1080p version with same single audio track e-ac3. The bitrates I am getting for a 1080p 2 hr movie via anystream is of order 14 Mb/s that feels way above amazon mentioned for content like this movie. The audio file is only 640 mb.

This thread can be closed now. It turned out amazon do provide 1080p 14Mb/s stream that took 15 gb for a single movie.

Back