• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

That old question again: where is the stash^H^H^H^H^Hcache?

0x0x0x0x0

So I'm planning on virtualising my backup station, but I really don't fancy re-scanning 1000+ BDs and slightly fewer DVDs, where does AnyDVD keep the cache of keys that it reads for the discs it scans and what do I need to copy across? I've looked at the past answers but they're either too old (Slyfox era) or those locations don't seem to exist any more...

If you're not planning on re-scanning them you have no need for the keys.
Plus AnyDVD only takes a moment or two to re-discover them when if do insert the disk.

Myself, I think I have probably found the places where it's all stored, why are you incapable of finding them?

If you're not planning on re-scanning them you have no need for the keys.
Plus AnyDVD only takes a moment or two to re-discover them when if do insert the disk.

Multiply that by the number of discs that need reinserting as expressly stated in the preamble!

Myself, I think I have probably found the places where it's all stored, why are you incapable of finding them?

You stick in that many qualifiers yet you patently remain uncertain, and you ask me why I ask that question, really?!

That's not the cache I mean, I mean the one where AnyDVD caches decryption keys it retrieves from discs so as to decrypt protected ISOs in the future.

My bad I thought that decryption keys are in the database ?

The DVD Keys are stored in the registry - you can export them with regedit.

@blank they are, but only up to the point of that files' release. New titles since then are obviously not included.

That applies to DVDs, we're in the blu-ray section and those don't have css.

@0x0x0x0x0 you're after the bd local cache files right? I believe a simple windows file explorer search for *.dt1 files I think the extension is will reveal the local cache directory. Note: that only applies to bd+ protected files I think. Normal aacs only encrypted discs aren't stored in the local cache

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I see. But oxoxoxox also asked for DVDs.

Entirely my brainfart, of course, when you make an image of a DVD you use CloneDVD, and you never need to get near the "master" again!

@0x0x0x0x0
Normal aacs only encrypted discs aren't stored in the local cache

I'll look for the BD+ cache in a moment, but about the quoted text: I thought it did, if memory serves me right, I dd-ed a copy a on linux box (I've got a couple of old bus encryption incapable drives) and naturally that wouldn't be decrypted, but when I stuck that BD into the AnyDVD box and then opened the ISO from linux again, it decrypted it. So my guess is it stores OPD associations with disc's UDF structures somewhere so once the actual BD had been read it would know how to associate the protected ISO with the correct tag in the OPD...

@0x0x0x0x0 you're after the bd local cache files right? I believe a simple windows file explorer search for *.dt1 files I think the extension is will reveal the local cache directory.[/QUOTE]

Ok, got that. If anyone interested here's a powershell cmd to find that:
Code:
gci -path {insert starting point for search here without the braces, C:\ would be an overkill} -filter *.dt1 -recurse -erroraction silentlycontinue -force

or just type
Code:
ext:.dt1
verbatim in Windows Explorer's search box at a folder of your choosing.

Just need to figure out the association cache now...

Last edited:
Back