• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Download Appears "Stuck"

Transmatrix

I'm currently using the trial version. I'm attempting to download a movie on Amazon and it is currently "stuck" at 19%. Prior to this it seemed to get stuck at 5% and at 9% before I Aborted the download due to lack of progress over an extended period of time. Is there a better way to get it to "renew" the download? It seems to keep getting stuck. (I'm really excited about the features of this app and if it works well I'm ready to buy a lifetime license. Right now, it just isn't working...)

be sure to post the astlog, if it is generated. If it isn't generated you can create a log by going to the menu File-Create Log

I'm currently using the trial version. I'm attempting to download a movie on Amazon and it is currently "stuck" at 19%. Prior to this it seemed to get stuck at 5% and at 9% before I Aborted the download due to lack of progress over an extended period of time. Is there a better way to get it to "renew" the download? It seems to keep getting stuck. (I'm really excited about the features of this app and if it works well I'm ready to buy a lifetime license. Right now, it just isn't working...)

Try this: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/bug-req-stall-at-1x-download-speed.79758/

Apparently I just need to be more patient? I let the download run overnight and it appears to have completed. I still have an astlog, but it appears to be a binary file. Does the existence of that file indicate a problem with the download?

Apparently I just need to be more patient? I let the download run overnight and it appears to have completed. I still have an astlog, but it appears to be a binary file. Does the existence of that file indicate a problem with the download?

Did you download it at a "Realtime x1" setting or faster? If realtime, the download will take exactly as long as the actual title is intended to be on the screen for... So for a 2.5hrs film, it would take at least 2.5 hours (if your net connection has enough bandwidth to download it at that rate)

I left it at 1x, the default. This was an hour and 36min movie, and it was definitely taking longer than that. I'm supposed to have gigabit service from my ISP...

Honestly, as long as it works, I don't really care that much how long it takes. I'd like it to be faster, but for now I just need it to produce a non-pixelated download like some other paid services provide.

Does it play all the way through?
Not sure if it will unattended. I pulled it up in VLC and it plays okay - I skipped around and didn't notice any issues, the ending was there. I downloaded the movie for my wife, I'll have her watch it today on our Plex server and see if it has any issues.

Not sure if it will unattended. I pulled it up in VLC and it plays okay - I skipped around and didn't notice any issues, the ending was there. I downloaded the movie for my wife, I'll have her watch it today on our Plex server and see if it has any issues.

If others produce pixelated download I would look into bandwidth issues (the other "services" stream real-time and re-encode, and if your bandwidth can't cope, you'd get degradation of picture) ;-)

If others produce pixelated download I would look into bandwidth issues (the other "services" stream real-time and re-encode, and if your bandwidth can't cope, you'd get degradation of picture) ;-)
The issue is that the quality using the other services is inconsistent - like when I'm streaming. It means I have to watch those videos with a close eye afterwards to see if I need to re-download them. In general, I've only resorted to these services because companies keep moving away from physical copies, especially in HD. Plex is having issues playing the video - it's like it needs to cache the content first. I'm attempting to transcode the file using Handbrake to see if converting it to another container will help.

Speedtest attached. Don't think bandwidth should be a problem.

Attachments

• speedtest.png
    speedtest.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 8
Not sure how to test my bandwidth between myself and Amazon. I use a VPN for some things, but intentionally disabled it for AnyStream as I'm not doing anything I feel I need to hide from my ISP.

Not sure how to test my bandwidth between myself and Amazon. I use a VPN for some things, but intentionally disabled it for AnyStream as I'm not doing anything I feel I need to hide from my ISP.

Rather simply I would've thought: crank up the quality in a web browser and see if you get smooth playback ;-)

Back