• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

im about to buy a license but i have a Question if i can get into legal troubles

If you have legal concerns, you should ask to an actual lawyer, not people in an internet forum. Copyright laws are complex and vary widely from country to country (and in the US, even from state to state).

If you have legal concerns, you should ask to an actual lawyer, not people in an internet forum. Copyright laws are complex and vary widely from country to country (and in the US, even from state to state).
Why Not answering my question with a More professional answer Like this for example that i found on google
{ if you mean recording the streaming video, that’s absolutely LEGAL. It is against their terms of service but it’s legal.
Why the difference? Because the courts ruled WAY back in the 80s that it’s legal to record anything transmitted to your house, whether it was recording a TV Show on a Betamax VCR, or recording a song off the radio. Courts have interpreted those rules to apply to streaming transmissions as well. }

Instead of being mad at a random person on the Internet for asking Random people in an Internet Forum and Not a lawyer ?

Wrong section, moved to license section. The AnyStream section is reserved for AnyStream problems.

That said, no you can't at least not with buying a license and doing the actual downloading. This is no different from their native apps. With the exception that AnyStream decrypts too.

The chances of getting caught is slim to none. Unless you were to then start uploading the downloads onto the internet

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Why Not answering my question with a More professional answer Like this for example that i found on google
{ if you mean recording the streaming video, that’s absolutely LEGAL. It is against their terms of service but it’s legal.
Why the difference? Because the courts ruled WAY back in the 80s that it’s legal to record anything transmitted to your house, whether it was recording a TV Show on a Betamax VCR, or recording a song off the radio. Courts have interpreted those rules to apply to streaming transmissions as well. }

Instead of being mad at a random person on the Internet for asking Random people in an Internet Forum and Not a lawyer ?

I don't understand your hostility. I'm not "mad" at you for asking. I'm saying the only person you should trust for legal advice is a lawyer.

That say (and to my point), what you wrote above is not entirely accurate. While the "Betamax Case" made home recording legal, there are other issues to consider:
1. This is US law. I have no idea what country you're in.
2. While recording was made legal in 1984, the DMCA made breaking encryption illegal. So, for example, while ripping a CD remains legal in the US, ripping a protected DVD or Blu-ray may not be. It remains UNTESTED in the courts whether or not so-called format shifting is fair use for protected media.
3. In the US, what is copyrighted can even vary from state to state because some state having additional laws for early (pre-1923) audio records, specifically when used with "moving pictures." So, while the act of copying can be fine in one state (public domain), it can be potentially illegal in another.
4. Even if you live in a country where such things remain legal, the US isn't above bullying other countries.

That being say, what Ch3vr0n said above is true. If you're simply downloading movies and such for private use, you're unlikely to face prosecution. The media companies usually go after those distributing copyrighted material, not private downloaders. But I would still only take legal advice from an actual copyright lawyer in your home country.

DrX

Back