• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

When does the week start for download limits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watcher0363

Is there a specific day of the week, that starts the 7 days for the down load limits? Is it Saturday, Sunday or Monday?. Or is this a case of once you start and hit the 100 download limit, you are on a rolling 7 days. Collecting a download every 36 minutes or waiting 4.5 days to get a full 100 uninterrupted downloads before you are back to waiting 36 mins for a new upload.

After your initial 100, it's a rolling token system. There is no fixed reset day. The moment you stop downloading (and this is explained in the FAQ) your 'bucket' starts filling again.

It takes approx 2.5d once you hit 0, to full it back up to a 100 (makes token capacity). Since a week is 7d and not 7.5, you can't get 3x 100 tokens (for a total of 300) but it's slightly less at approx 280 a 'week'.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Okay I got it. However one thing definitely needs to be adjusted on the FAQ's page. This line "This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week plus the initial 100." Needs to read, "This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week including the initial 100." The former clearly implies that you will get 380 downloads per week. The latter gives you the accurate total in its proper context.

No it doesn't. +The initial 100 means that as a registered user you get a first batch of 100 tokens. When you use those up it starts refilling, otherwise you'd start with an EMPTY bucket. You only get the 100 tokens once.

Okay I got it. However one thing definitely needs to be adjusted on the FAQ's page. This line "This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week plus the initial 100." Needs to read, "This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week including the initial 100." The former clearly implies that you will get 380 downloads per week. The latter gives you the accurate total in its proper context.

Huh? Your maths is way off: you get a new token put in the bucket every 36 minutes, in a 24 hour period there are 24*60/36, or 40, bucket deposits. You take 40 bucket deposits per day, multiply it by 7 days in a week, you get 280 tokens. Plus the initial 100 when you buy the program. How could that possibly imply 380, how many times would "initial" event happen? Simplez!

Huh? Your maths is way off: you get a new token put in the bucket every 36 minutes, in a 24 hour period there are 24*60/36, or 40, bucket deposits. You take 40 bucket deposits per day, multiply it by 7 days in a week, you get 280 tokens. Plus the initial 100 when you buy the program. How could that possibly imply 380, how many times would "initial" event happen? Simplez!

I was going to let this go, but it is like the time I was a T.A. in a class for remedial English. Let me break the sentence down for everyone or anyone who speaks English.

"This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week plus the initial 100."

Taking into account all that came before this sentence on the faq page. If it had ended with "280 downloads per week." then that is what the amount would have been. But the sentence continues with the word "plus". Here is the definition of "plus": With the addition of; increased by. Then the sentence goes on to include the phrase, "the initial 100". Here is the definition of "initial": existing or occurring at the beginning.

Now that I am teaching remedial again. Let construct the sentence with its true meaning to anyone who understands English.

This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week with the addition of the existing 100."

Now that I am teaching remedial again. Let construct the sentence with its true meaning to anyone who understands English. AGAIN

This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week increased by the occurring at the beginning 100.

Now that I am teaching remedial again. Let construct the sentence with its true meaning to anyone who understands English. AGAIN

This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week increased by the existing 100."

This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week with the addition of the occurring at the beginning 100."

Now can someone who understands English and math better than me. Explain it to me like I am 5. How the sentence does not clearly imply, causing me to infer, that a total of, or approximately 380 downloads per week is what is allowed.

You forgot the meaning of 'initial'. Initial: ONE (1) TIME. Meaning you get a 1 time amount of 100 tokens (so your can begin downloading as a registered user) otherwise you'd start with an EMPTY token bucket! After you use up your ONE TIME INITIAL 100, your bucket will then refill at approx 280 per week. NOWHERE does it say you get 100 tokens plus 280 refills EACH WEEK!

I was going to let this go, but it is like the time I was a T.A. in a class for remedial English. Let me break the sentence down for everyone or anyone who speaks English.

"This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week plus the initial 100."

<snip>

The total cost of your year's rent is "280 bucks a week plus the initial 100;" is your rent 280 x 52 + 100 or 380 x 52?

The Wording on the main page has been changed to make the token limit much more understandable. We have decided that the last 4 words. " plus the initial 100 are what is mixing people up. That has been removed. It took awhile because it had to be translated into many different languages understandably. It now reads
A valid AnyStream license is limited to approximately 280 downloads per week to avoid being blocked by your streaming provider. You have a quota of 100 downloads. Whenever some of it is used up, it will refill at a rate of 1 download every 36 minutes. This amounts to an average of 280 downloads per week
https://www.redfox.bz/anystream.html

Cant it just be unlimited? Or at least 300 instead of 280 + 100? Or just change the time to 5 mins instead of 36 minutes or add a countdown clock or something so that we know when we can download the nxt file, or token bucket remaining

Cant it just be unlimited? Or at least 300 instead of 280 + 100? Or just change the time to 5 mins instead of 36 minutes or add a countdown clock or something so that we know when we can download the nxt file, or token bucket remaining
No, I am very sorry.

I hope they do this when the queue functionality is added. As of now I barely download anything anything besides movies(i don’t even come close to 280/week) due to how tedious it is to download episodes one by one. Much easier to use ombi/sonarr

I hope they do this when the queue functionality is added. As of now I barely download anything anything besides movies(i don’t even come close to 280/week) due to how tedious it is to download episodes one by one. Much easier to use ombi/sonarr
i always download alot from amazon us and uk anyways more than i ever did with itunes, because amazon video is so much better

Doesn't it work like the app adds a count every 36 minutes and, if not used, it maxes out at 100?

Doesn't it work like the app adds a count every 36 minutes and, if not used, it maxes out at 100?
Correct, so you have 100 to start, if you use 10, it reloads 1 download every 36 minutes until you reach 100 again. So if you do the math it adds up to 280 downloads a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back