• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix Main

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightEssence

Is it possible to select main@L4 not high@L4 profile? At Netflix, the main@L4 profile is preferred, since the quality is higher

Last edited:
I think this is only possible if NF includes this information inside the playlist, because AS does not convert the files.

I had experience in 2018,2019 using various tools... 300MB against 700 on average

tomorrow I'll throw off the examples, now it's just night outside, but as far as I remember main and high are available for L3 devices in this case Google chrome, vp9 and hevc only for L1 widevine

tomorrow I'll throw off the examples, now it's just night outside, but as far as I remember main and high are available for L3 devices in this case Google chrome, vp9 and hevc only for L1 widevine

That's not what I asked; you said Main@ videos were of higher quality cf. High@ ones, I asked why you think that is so...

because I've already worked with both profiles... now I sit with the phone MediaInfo can't throw off... only as I will be at the PC

because I've already worked with both profiles... now I sit with the phone MediaInfo can't throw off... only as I will be at the PC

Does it look anything like this "comparison":
Code:
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/netflix-download-does-not-have-a-high-bit-rate.79722/

and what is wrong there, the person gave an adequate example

You're kidding right? The High-coded video has much more complexity and more than twice the size of the DPB constraint. Bitrate isn't everything, you need to understand video coding and how that works! For example you can stick a bunch of pictures into your DPB and keep referring to them, or keep having to re-supply mostly similar pictures thus wasting the bitrate.

I've been doing video for a long time and am familiar with video encoding and frame comparison firsthand.if you're a fan of the 1500kbps bitrate at 1080p, I sympathize with you... active scenes will have broken frames which is unavoidable with this compression ratio

I've been doing video for a long time and am familiar with video encoding and frame comparison firsthand.if you're a fan of the 1500kbps bitrate at 1080p, I sympathize with you... active scenes will have broken frames which is unavoidable with this compression ratio

Well, if you are familiar with video encoding, you'd have spotted that both in that example are VBR. The Main-coded one has peak rate of 6330 kbps, lower DPB constraint, and a VBV-bufsize cap of 8440 kb; whereas the High-coded one has a peak rate of 20 Mbps, axiomatically higher DPB constraint, and a VBV-bufsize cap of 25 Mb. (You know what happens in the encoder when it hits the VBV-bufsize cap, what happens to the quantizer?) Now tell me, which of the two is way more likely to preserve more entropy in "active scenes," as you call them?

Well, if you are familiar with video encoding, you'd have spotted that both in that example are VBR. The Main-coded one has peak rate of 6330 kbps, lower DPB constraint, and a VBV-bufsize cap of 8440 kb; whereas the High-coded one has a peak rate of 20 Mbps, axiomatically higher DPB constraint, and a VBV-bufsize cap of 25 Mb. (You know what happens in the encoder when it hits the VBV-bufsize cap, what happens to the quantizer?) Now tell me, which of the two is way more likely to preserve more entropy in "active scenes," as you call them?
these 20mbits of yours will pull out one scene but along the way they will ruin a couple of dozen others, since they simply do not have enough bitrate for this, and small details will be lost...

these 20mbits of yours will pull out one scene but along the way they will ruin a couple of dozen others, since they simply do not have enough bitrate for this, and small details will be lost...

not how vbr works

not how vbr works
are you a person from the early 2000s? when was it possible to ruin quality for the sake of size? I know how vbr works, but you will only get a good result for 1080p with an average bitrate of at least 5000kbps

are you a person from the early 2000s? when was it possible to ruin quality for the sake of size? I know how vbr works, but you will only get a good result for 1080p with an average bitrate of at least 5000kbps

It's very easy to have larger file with worse quality than a smaller file with better quality; for a "home encoder" size-quality is a trade-off, for NF, it's not (which is why they can computationally afford motion estimation range of 120!) There are plenty of analyses that produce better size but take quadratic, if not worse, time, for NF it's not a problem: they have reserved computational capacity at Amazon. The point is: NF wouldn't supply higher-complexity lower bitrate if it were worse than lower-complexity higher bitrate (incidentally, iTunes videos that I've watched and that are bigger than NF ones actually look visually worse because of Apple's coding decisions). You simply can't say that the quality is worse if there are that many variables and you have no master to compare against (which NF do, btw). Your hard and fast rule of 5Mbps is naive.

It's very easy to have larger file with worse quality than a smaller file with better quality; for a "home encoder" size-quality is a trade-off, for NF, it's not (which is why they can computationally afford motion estimation range of 120!) There are plenty of analyses that produce better size but take quadratic, if not worse, time, for NF it's not a problem: they have reserved computational capacity at Amazon. The point is: NF wouldn't supply higher-complexity lower bitrate if it were worse than lower-complexity higher bitrate (incidentally, iTunes videos that I've watched and that are bigger than NF ones actually look visually worse because of Apple's coding decisions). You simply can't say that the quality is worse if there are that many variables and you have no master to compare against (which NF do, btw). Your hard and fast rule of 5Mbps is naive.

you know nothing about the quality.
The only reason to you defend the high profile is that anystream cannot download the main profile.

you know nothing about the quality.
The only reason to you defend the high profile is that anystream cannot download the main profile.

Way get some objective argument in there! Like I said to OP, SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE! The argument that comes from both of you is higher b/w demand => higher quality, well, let's just stick with MPEG-2 then! In the absence of evidence, anything you say is but supposition posing as fact.

It's actually very simple: get the Big Buck Bunny, and encode that with the parameters that the two profile videos from NF expressly say they use, then feel free to judge visually or use VMAF.

Example based on pokemon season 22 episode 54
Code:
https://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/8865

High@L4
Code:
Видео
Идентификатор                            : 1
Формат                                   : AVC
Формат/Информация                        : Advanced Video Codec
Профиль формата                          : High@L4
Настройки формата                        : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
Параметр CABAC формата                   : Да
Параметр RefFrames формата               : 4 кадра
Идентификатор кодека                     : avc1
Идентификатор кодека/Информация          : Advanced Video Coding
Продолжительность                        : 25 м. 26 с.
Вид битрейта                             : Переменный
Битрейт                                  : 1 198 Кбит/сек
Максимальный битрейт                     : 20,0 Мбит/сек
Ширина                                   : 1 920 пикселей
Высота                                   : 1 080 пикселей
Соотношение сторон                       : 16:9
Режим частоты кадров                     : Постоянный
Частота кадров                           : 23,976 (24000/1001) кадра/сек
Цветовое пространство                    : YUV
Субдискретизация насыщенности            : 4:2:0
Битовая глубина                          : 8 бит
Тип развёртки                            : Прогрессивная
Бит/(Пиксели*Кадры)                      : 0.024
Размер потока                            : 218 Мбайт (90%)
Библиотека кодирования                   : x264 core 148 r2717 0d2410d
Настройки программы                      : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x111 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=120 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=8 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / stitchable=1 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=16 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=121 / scenecut=0 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=240 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=20.0 / qcomp=0.50 / qpmin=6 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=20000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=vbr / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:0.80
Дата кодирования                         : UTC 2020-12-09 07:04:46
Дата пометки                             : UTC 2020-12-09 07:04:46
Codec configuration box                  : avcC
Main@L4
Code:
Видео
Идентификатор                            : 1
Формат                                   : AVC
Формат/Информация                        : Advanced Video Codec
Профиль формата                          : Main@L4
Настройки формата                        : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames
Параметр CABAC формата                   : Да
Параметр RefFrames формата               : 3 кадра
Идентификатор кодека                     : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Продолжительность                        : 25 м. 28 с.
Вид битрейта                             : Переменный
Битрейт                                  : 3 160 Кбит/сек
Максимальный битрейт                     : 4 740 Кбит/сек
Ширина                                   : 1 920 пикселей
Высота                                   : 1 080 пикселей
Соотношение сторон                       : 16:9
Режим частоты кадров                     : Постоянный
Частота кадров                           : 23,976 (24000/1001) кадра/сек
Цветовое пространство                    : YUV
Субдискретизация насыщенности            : 4:2:0
Битовая глубина                          : 8 бит
Тип развёртки                            : Прогрессивная
Бит/(Пиксели*Кадры)                      : 0.064
Размер потока                            : 561 Мбайт (55%)
Библиотека кодирования                   : x264 core 148 r2717 0d2410d
Настройки программы                      : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=8 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / stitchable=1 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=2 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=0 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=48 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=3160 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.50 / qpmin=6 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=4740 / vbv_bufsize=6320 / nal_hrd=vbr / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Default                                  : Да
Forced                                   : Нет

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back