• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hogan's Hereos S1D1 issues

Chewmann

Hi all! I am new to RedFox. I downloaded the trail software to see if it will allow me to backup my DVDs to ISO files. The first set of disks I started with were Hogan's Hereos. The Ripper ran for 24 hours and was reporting it had 54 more hours to go. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I took a screen capture of the window showing the time and have uploaded the log file.

The disks were bought in the USA (Amazon).
Ripping to harddisk.
Disk title: HOGANS_HEREOS_D1

Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Hogans Hereos.png
    AnyDVD_Hogans Hereos.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 6
  • AnyDVDripper_log_E.txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Please create & post an AnyDVD logfile from this disc. Thank you.

Hi James ~ I attached it to my original post.

Hi James ~ I attached it to my original post.
No, this is a ripper log. Please *create* an AnyDVD log and post it. Notify icon, right mouse button, create logfile...

See attached.

I will try this in another external DVD player and see if I get the same results.

Attachments

• LogFileError.png
    LogFileError.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 6
  • AnyDVD_8.5.0.0_Info_E_HOGANS_HEROES_D1.ziplog
    152 KB · Views: 2
I used a different drive and it failed. I uploaded the logfile and a screen capture of the error.

As a check, I was able to view all of the VOB files and everything played as expected on this player. Then I put the DVD in my blu-ray player attached to my TV and it works. So it is not the disk.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.0.0_Info_F_HOGANS_HEROES_D1.ziplog
    139.5 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_Hogans Hereos Drive Error.png
    AnyDVD_Hogans Hereos Drive Error.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 4
The reason your E drive throws that warning is because of the region mismatch (Disc region 1, drive region 2). What's even worse is that matSHITa drives like you E one are known to enforce their drive region extremely strict. Don't even try using disc in it that doesn't come from the same region as that drive. It'll fail.

The F drive should have worked if it's not a drive problem. Note: just because a disc PLAYS fine, doesn't mean by a long shot that it's fine for ripping. When playing, most users only access the main feature. if the problematic area is in a menu or bonus feature which you then don't access, your player doesn't access the problematic area and you don't see any problem. AnyDVD can't do that. It needs to access EVERYTHING.

Then there's also the thing that you shouldn't be using the image ripper on DVD's. Anydvd shows a warning for that too.

I used a different drive and it failed. I uploaded the logfile and a screen capture of the error.

As a check, I was able to view all of the VOB files and everything played as expected on this player. Then I put the DVD in my blu-ray player attached to my TV and it works. So it is not the disk.
Panasonic (Matsushita) drives don't allow reading, if the disc and drive regions don't match. You must change the region of one of your drives to 1.
EDIT: As the message box said.

Okay, I went thru the device manager and selected US (Region 1) on the Plextor drive. Then I tried to rip it to an image and it didn't work.

I have another blu-ray/DVD writeable internal drive I can install in my computer which I know is a region 1 player. Should I try that or is there nothing I can do to make this work?

If 2 drives tell you there's a problem. There's a good chance the 3rd one will too, giving you a hint there that it's unlikely to be 3 faulty drives ;)

Okay, I went thru the device manager and selected US (Region 1) on the Plextor drive. Then I tried to rip it to an image and it didn't work.
Please post a logfile created with the Plextor drive.

One thing that wasn't mentioned and might be slightly important, you MUST EXIT AnyDVD before checking or setting the drive region. AnyDVD CANNOT be running.

I restarted AnyDVD, checked the Plextor region (see image) and tried again (see error msg).

I apologize for being "that guy."

Attachments

• Plextor Region.png
    Plextor Region.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_Hogans Hereos Drive Error2.png
    AnyDVD_Hogans Hereos Drive Error2.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_8.5.0.0_Info_F_HOGANS_HEROES_D1.ziplog
    139.6 KB · Views: 2
I restarted AnyDVD, checked the Plextor region (see image) and tried again (see error msg).

I apologize for being "that guy."
Your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective. Sorry.

I don't think so as I have watched it in my Blu-ray player I have connected to my TV. I also used VLC to view the .VOB files on the disk on my computer.

Let me try disk 2 and see what happens.

Disk 2 seemed to work. I then when back to D1 and it failed again. Next step is to clean the disk and see if that helps. If not, I'll continue with the remaining disks. Thanks for the help!

Disk 2 worked, but 3 & 4 had similar failures. See attached logfiles.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.0.0_Info_F_HOGANS_HEROES_D3.ziplog
    124.8 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.5.0.0_Info_F_HOGANS_HEROES_D4.ziplog
    124.7 KB · Views: 1
Disk 5 same...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.0.0_Info_F_HOGANS_HEROES_D5.ziplog
    119.5 KB · Views: 3
Well, I installed an internal blu-ray drive I had in a previous computer. Lo and behold, I was able to rip disk 1. That means the USB external drives I have don't work as expected. I will continue to see if the other issues I have are resolved by the new drive.

I want to thank everyone for the help and assistance to get this resolved.

If the enclosures can be opened, they'll most likely be drives with a standard sata connectors. If you feel up to it, you could open them up and connect them with cables. Often the drives themselves are fine, but the controller in the enclosures is the actual culprit of the problems

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back