• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Xbox360 HD-DVD drive does not get recognized

bosstime

I have one HD-DVD disc but no more HD-DVD player. I want to transfer the disc to my PC. I bought a Xbox360 HD-DVD drive to do so. Years ago I owned one already and used it for playing discs but now I can't get the drive to work under Windows 10. Not under Windows 7 either. I read that the Toshiba UDF drivers are for Windows XP. But I also read that the drive should work under Windows 7, too. When I plug it into my USB the hardware drivers all get installed, no problems here. But in device manager and explorer the drive does not show up. Anyone out here who has experience with this drive and getting it to work?

I have one HD-DVD disc but no more HD-DVD player. I want to transfer the disc to my PC. I bought a Xbox360 HD-DVD drive to do so. Years ago I owned one already and used it for playing discs but now I can't get the drive to work under Windows 10. Not under Windows 7 either. I read that the Toshiba UDF drivers are for Windows XP. But I also read that the drive should work under Windows 7, too. When I plug it into my USB the hardware drivers all get installed, no problems here. But in device manager and explorer the drive does not show up. Anyone out here who has experience with this drive and getting it to work?
Yes. It works just fine under Windows 7 & 10. No need to install any drivers.

ANy idea why it is not working for me? I tried on two PCs with WIndows 10 and on my laptop with Windows 7. No luck.

ANy idea why it is not working for me? I tried on two PCs with WIndows 10 and on my laptop with Windows 7. No luck.
Do you have it in some type of enclosure? Is it getting powered? A USB port is not going to be enough to power the drive.

1. Bad USB Cable?
2. Bad Power Supply?
3. Bad drive?

Do you have it in some type of enclosure? Is it getting powered? A USB port is not going to be enough to power the drive.
The XBOX360 HD DVD drive is standalone (next to a PC or the XBOX 360) and comes with USB cable and a power supply. And yes, it won't work without the power supply.

Thanks for your reply. I use the power connection that comes with the drive. The drive when plugged into USB gets recognized, several drivers get loaded, all the drivers get a green check but the drive does not show up in the hardware manager or explorer as drive

Back