• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Download Limit by Time instead of Files?

TubeBar

The download limit doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. If I download a single 2 hour movie or if I download a 7 min cartoon they both count as a download. Right now I am downloading some 7 min cartoons, they download really fast and I get the out of limit message much sooner since I have that 280 limit.

Isn't the idea to fool Amazon into thinking we are legitimately streaming the videos? If so wouldn't it make more sense to do it by time rather then per download? You can look at the time of the file and limit it that way as seems to make more sense.

I don't know how easy that would be to implement or what the time limit would be but I think it makes more sense then per file counting.

The download limit doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. If I download a single 2 hour movie or if I download a 7 min cartoon they both count as a download. Right now I am downloading some 7 min cartoons, they download really fast and I get the out of limit message much sooner since I have that 280 limit.

Isn't the idea to fool Amazon into thinking we are legitimately streaming the videos? If so wouldn't it make more sense to do it by time rather then per download? You can look at the time of the file and limit it that way as seems to make more sense.

I don't know how easy that would be to implement or what the time limit would be but I think it makes more sense then per file counting.

I've requested this feature before; should be fairly trivial to get the duration of the title (it's right there in the MPD file in ISO 8601 duration format), how that would play with what AS is doing on their end, is... who knows...

Back