• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request New Features - Separate Folder for ASTLOGs

RONMAN101

Under the Setting/Download option, Could there be an option to store the logs into a Subfolder of the media folder automatically (/LOGS), or a new option to choose a folder to store the log files into. If I'm assuming correctly, the log files are ALSO used as a check-list to remind you that you have already downloaded that video?

My dilemma is trying to keep my download folder clean while making sure I do not replicate downloads. When I off-load my MP4's to my media drive, I usually end up copying the log files with and deleting them afterwards. That opens up the chance of downloading the same content. If they were segregate, from the media (MP4s), it would eliminate my worry.

I know you require the logs to help identify issues and problems. Not sure if this would cause more confusion to everyone else as to where to find them (Could default them where they are at unless specified), but I'm just looking to store the mechanism that prevents duplication into another folder, so I don't repeat a download, unless need be.

I am not sure there is any real reason to keep the log files after completion ... i simply delete them

you can always just uncheck File > Settings > [General] > [Program settings] > Always create a log file along with the download

How does AS determine that you have already downloaded a video, by the log or by the MP4? If it is not the log, but is the MP4, Keeping them on the same drive to determine already downloaded, I will run out of space. Is there something like anydvd that can keep track, like the CSS Keys?

My guess is that it is from the mp4 file when it goes to create a blank file

On the amazon side that's pretty easy to spot. The amazon side is based on a browser and the "play" button next to an item is update with a small amount "playtime". If you spot that, you've downloaded the title. On the netflix side there's no such option, but there is a general mechanism also on BOTH sides that checks if the file you are downloading (based on your filename template) already exists. If the file exists anystream will show a warning and ask if you want to replace the file.

OK, now we are getting somewhere. So it uses the Download Template to determine duplicate downloads. Unfortunately, Storing MP4's of that size on the same disk to prevent future download duplications is not practical. Could there be another mechanism developed that would use less space, but provide the same results? That is all that I was looking for. BTW, this is great stuff (Good incite)!

OK, now we are getting somewhere. So it uses the Download Template to determine duplicate downloads. Unfortunately, Storing MP4's of that size on the same disk to prevent future download duplications is not practical. Could there be another mechanism developed that would use less space, but provide the same results?

<snip>

There's a mechanism that requires zero disk space: pen and paper :p

Back