• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New Divergent issues

testiles

UHD Guru
Hey guys.

I see the Divergent Blu-Ray has been a troublesome disc in the past. Today, I'm having some trouble with it.

@Pete I think it's a ScreenPass issue.

Even though AnyDVD indicates a "good" playlist of 760, the movie is playing out of sequence.

Haven't watched it, but in spot-checking the rip, I see the movie ends around the 54-minute mark, then another scene plays.

It appears to only have 2 chapters.

Another strange thing, the disc size is around 46G but my Java program that kicks off the rip thinks it's 59G.

It's only ever gotten the size wrong for 3D titles that appear twice as large...

Logfile attached.

T

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.0.0_Info_F_DIVERGENT_A6847DFA_902AEA46.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
you say the movie is playing out of sequence. But you're not saying WHAT you're using for playback. Sounds to me initially that your java program is also making actual files out of the virtual SSIF files. Those files are only virtual and unless ripped correctly (iso image) will result in actual files and cause the total disc size to increase enormously.

you're not saying WHAT you're using for playback

PDVD 20.

I also just tried with JRiver MC26.

Same thing.

unless ripped correctly (iso image) will result in actual files and cause the total disc size to increase enormously.

I was under the impression that scenario only happened with 3-D titles.

Is that wrong?

Sounds to me initially that your java program is also making actual files out of the virtual SSIF files. Those files are only virtual and unless ripped correctly (iso image) will result in actual files and cause the total disc size to increase enormously.

The Java program is not actually doing the rip.

It kicks off ImgBurn to do that and fortunately the .iso's created are the correct size.

But the Java program gives info on the disc and calls on the Windows system to give it the disc size. It's seeing an inflated disc size even though Windows reports the correct size in File Explorer.

As I mentioned, the only time it's ever done that before is with 3-D movies, but this movie is not 3-D.

T

If PDVD plays the wrong playlist then it may be indeed be a wrong playlist selected. Pete will need to check again.
SSIF files are indeed only limited to 3D titles. Since AnyDVD reports the proper size in the status window, it's only logical to assume its a coding/math error in the java program? Maybe it's using values of 1000 instead of 1024 to calculate things?

If PDVD plays the wrong playlist then it may be indeed be a wrong playlist selected. Pete will need to check again.

Ok.

it's only logical to assume its a coding/math error in the java program? Maybe it's using values of 1000 instead of 1024 to calculate things?

No I'm not calculating it.

I'm using the tried-and-true "length" method of the File class.

And from what I understand that method just asks the operating system, in this case Windows, for the file size....

This method of Java always works (in this program alone, it's worked successfully over 800 times)!

It just shows something is screwy about the title.

Maybe it will prove to be the first non-3D title with SSIF files. :LOL:

T

I'll take your word for it, as I've got no clue what you're talking about.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I'll take your word for it, as I've got no clue what you're talking about.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, the Java program thing was an aside, just to show something's up with the disc.

The main thing is apparently Screen Pass is active on the disc and/or 760 is not the correct Playlist...

T

The main thing is apparently Screen Pass is active on the disc and/or 760 is not the correct Playlist...
I'm pretty much 100% certain, that 760 is the correct playlist.
I'm not sure, that's the playlist you're seeing played back.

The copy you're playing is 1:1 off the original, right? I think you have "remove short titles" selected, it could be that some remainder of Screen Pass is kicking in because of that and then you don't see playlist 760, but some other, bogus one.

The copy you're playing is 1:1 off the original, right?

Hi Pete.

Right now, using the original disc itself.

I think you have "remove short titles" selected, it could be that some remainder of Screen Pass is kicking in because of that and then you don't see playlist 760, but some other, bogus one.

Interesting.

I disabled "Remove titles shorter than...".

No change.

Logfile with that option disabled...

Do you know of a way I can confirm in PDVD what Playlist it's using (or in JRiver) ?

T

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.0.0_Info_F_DIVERGENT_A6847DFA_902AEA46 - 2.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Can you please try again now?
I believe it should work.

Back