• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Homeland Season 4 only plays first few seconds

rfjim

I have Homeland Season 4 that the package shows as region A. Ripped using current AnyDVD. Disc was unknown so I specified region A. AnyDVD reported removing protection and disc ripped fine. However tried playing in VLC and it never gets past the opening Fox logo - i.e. never gets to episode selection.

Had same problem on all three discs. Have ripped hundreds of Blu-ray’s with AnyDVD with no issue.

I have no idea what to do to try and resolve this problem - can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Not an anydvd issue, if the disc was decrypted properly then anydvd did it's job. Vlc is an excellent basic video player, but it sucks at pretty much anything disc playback related.

If it plays in a player designed for such a task such as powerdvd the rip was fine too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks. It looks like MakeMKV was able to process the disc and I can use VLC to play it. I presume the same will be true with the remaining discs.

I’ll see if another player can play the AnyDVD decrypted ISO files but if not I’ll just chalk it up as an anomaly.

Thanks. It looks like MakeMKV was able to process the disc and I can use VLC to play it. I presume the same will be true with the remaining discs.

I’ll see if another player can play the AnyDVD decrypted ISO files but if not I’ll just chalk it up as an anomaly.
You can get a trial of PowerDVD and see if your files will work. Virtual Clone from Redfox (and it's free) along with PowerDVD usually works fine.

Back