• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Low video bitrate with Amazon videos

VegasWD

The Beta 1.0.6.1 version was grabbing reasonably high video bitrates (6000 Kbps and higher) but it appears Amazon may have made a change and I am back to getting the much lower video bitrates (2500-3000 Kbps). I don't do a lot of downloads so it may just be a coincidence, but when I initially upgraded to the Beta 1.0.6.1 version I got the higher bitrate on the first 3 videos I did. I tried it with 3 more videos yesterday and today and all of them have been the lower video bitrates. Any chance we'll see an update that could resolve this in the near future? Thank you

Are you saying that you downloaded the same titles that had 6 Mbps rates and now those same titles were lower bitrate? Or do different titles have lower bitrate?

Sorry, I've been away. They were 6 different videos. It just seemed odd to me that 3 straight grabs were high quality video over a period of 48 hours, but the next time I tried downloading a week later I got 3 straight significantly lower quality videos (over another 48 hour period). 2 of the first 3 videos that had the good quality were new releases on Amazon while 1 was older (the older video had 13 Mbps). All 3 of the videos with the low rates were new releases.
I was thinking it would be nice if, in a future release, we could see the video options just like we do with the audio since 1.0.6. If there are multiple 1080p, 720p or SD versions AnyStream can access, it would be nice to have the choice to select which version we want to download. I would assume AnyStream is programmed to select the highest quality of whatever version you choose, but sometimes Amazon labels them oddly which might cause AnyStream to select a lower quality version. Allowing the user to personally select the individual 1080p stream they want would give us the option of trying another version. Just some suggestions and thank you to everyone working so hard on this software. It's an amazing product!

Sorry, I've been away. They were 6 different videos. It just seemed odd to me that 3 straight grabs were high quality video over a period of 48 hours, but the next time I tried downloading a week later I got 3 straight significantly lower quality videos (over another 48 hour period)...

<snip>

What does that mean, lower H264 profile, lower bitrate, blurrier, pixelated, what exactly do you mean to say? I checked the MPD files AS uses, and in my case every one I checked, it pulled the file that was manifested for highest bandwidth.

The classic example is demonstrated at "Netflix Download does not have a high bit rate," where the OP complained about bitrate being lower than scene's without understanding coding complexity and the implications of the latter on the bitrate. TL;DR, AS was pulling much higher "quality."

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with scene or coding (I know what coding is, I'm just not familiar with reading/writing it), I was talking about how you can select different quality options while streaming Amazon video (Good, Better or Best) to save bandwidth. It seems like AnyStream may be selecting the 'Good' stream that is noticeably lower quality than the 'Better' or 'Best' streams. Here's an example: Ultimatums on Amazon. I rented this for my personal collection and the download is 1.91GB. The other 2 were 2.0GB & 2.1GB file sizes. The difference in size seemed to be related to the audio. The 1st has stereo and the other 2 have surround.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with scene or coding (I know what coding is, I'm just not familiar with reading/writing it), I was talking about how you can select different quality options while streaming Amazon video (Good, Better or Best) to save bandwidth. It seems like AnyStream may be selecting the 'Good' stream that is noticeably lower quality than the 'Better' or 'Best' streams. Here's an example:
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/Ultimatums-Nelson-J-Davis/dp/B08LDPDCP4/
. I rented this for my personal collection and the download is 1.91GB. The other 2 were 2.0GB & 2.1GB file sizes. The difference in size seemed to be related to the audio. The 1st has stereo and the other 2 have surround.

put code tags around the links to external sites or @Ch3vr0n will tell you off ;-p download mediainfo and have a look at how the streams are coded ;)

Also, if you go File > Show log messages, AS will tell you what MPD file it's using and what files it derived for downloading. You can manually download the MPD file yourself (it's just plain xml) and check that AS is picking the highest bitrate in the manifest.

Last edited:
Thank you for the assistance! In the distant past I played around with coding and viewing the log file brings back some memories I thought were long lost (suffered a traumatic brain injury that took away memories from my younger years when I was mildly familiar with coding).

Back