• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bitcoin Customer Feedback

@AVTechMan

Great! Indeed, once you have Bitcoin, it's easy...

Hello, longtime member of the site since the Slysoft days but never got to join the forum since the changeover. Anyway just wanted to share my quick Bitcoin experience.

I admit I was a bit skeptical about it and was very confusing to me starting out despite others saying how easy it was. So I done my own research on it and despite the other options out there for getting bitcoins, I discovered that the app I have on my phone was capable of buying bitcoins, but I had to set it up and get verified, which didn't take long. Was a painless process for me.

Anyway once I made the bitcoin purchase (renewed my AnyDVD HD license for another 2 years and 1 year of the AnyStream) and transferred them to my wallet in Electrum, I made the purchase then, and gotten both license keys within seconds. So I guess you can say that the bitcoin was fast and easy and didn't have to deal with the headaches of MC and Visa (when it was active). Though I still don't understand the depths of the Bitcoin ecosystem, I was able to understand enough to make the purchases I needed. I'm an old fart so I am more of simple things lol.

Kudos to the Redfox team!
What bitcoin app didbyou end up using on your phone?

Not sure if you're still wanting posts about using Bitcoin but here goes:
I used BitcoinCash for the purchase.
Created account with Coinbase. Installed the app on my iPhone. A breeze to initially setup, bought some coin and had to wait for it to clear my bank.
Then I had to wait for my identity to clear so I could use the coin to pay. They (Coinbase) probably could have been a little clearer on what I needed to do to use the coin to pay, but it all worked out.
Used it last night to get a license and it could not have been easier or faster on the RedFox side. Had my license in my Inbox before I could switch tabs in my browser.
Always balked using coin for purchases but thanks to this site I will be using it.
Highly recommend using BitcoinCash or Bitcoin along with Coinbase to purchase a license (and hey, you get a 10% discount, win-win!).

Created account with Coinbase. Installed the app on my iPhone. A breeze to initially setup, bought some coin and had to wait for it to clear my bank.
Then I had to wait for my identity to clear so I could use the coin to pay. They (Coinbase) probably could have been a little clearer on what I needed to do to use the coin to pay, but it all worked out.
Used it last night to get a license and it could not have been easier or faster on the RedFox side. Had my license in my Inbox before I could switch tabs in my browser.
Always balked using coin for purchases but thanks to this site I will be using it.
Highly recommend using BitcoinCash or Bitcoin along with Coinbase to purchase a license (and hey, you get a 10% discount, win-win!).
Welcome to our forum Richard. If we can help you in any way, do not fear, we are here.

Great - coins just work (once you have them).

since i can no longer pay with visa for whatever reason, and don't have a mastercard.. I tried opening up my first bitcoin account.

admittedly I do not know what I'm doing yet. I signed up with coinbase, transferred the appropriate amount, but it says pending, and has for 4 days now. how long does it usually take for a first try? and anything I cna do to make it go faster?
I hope I do not just waste $128's. it should not be this annoying to buy anystream.

since i can no longer pay with visa for whatever reason, and don't have a mastercard.. I tried opening up my first bitcoin account.

admittedly I do not know what I'm doing yet. I signed up with coinbase, transferred the appropriate amount, but it says pending, and has for 4 days now. how long does it usually take for a first try? and anything I cna do to make it go faster?
I hope I do not just waste $128's. it should not be this annoying to buy anystream.

You have to ask coinbase - there seams to be strong demand (worldwide) ...

You send money -> convert it to bitcoin / litecoin (second one cheaper ??? hint!) and you can send to redfox or yor PC - should work (keep the change) .................

You have to ask coinbase - there seams to be strong demand (worldwide) ...

You send money -> convert it to bitcoin / litecoin (second one cheaper ??? hint!) and you can send to redfox or yor PC - should work (keep the change) .................
That would work also.

Just don't mention to coinbase you plan on using the cryptocurrency to buy anydvd or anything from redfox. They made it very clear on the past (even contacted redfox themselves to have a guide removed from the forum) that they don't like their service being used to buy tools such as anydvd. If you do, they may close your account and keep/refund your purchase.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

So send from Coinbase to yourself & then to redfox :cool:

electrum-ltc

or the android wallet work fine.

https://dev.litecoin.org/

both are under "other versions"

LTC Core is also fine - but you hav to download the chain. Best wallet. :bowdown:

That's not what I'm saying. Coinbase wallet itself can be used to purchase just fine, i was referring to the long time poster advice has been waiting. Just don't tell them (if he contacts them) a purchase of anydvd is planned with the funds.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

good to know. I also tried the mastercard key with paypal option and that didn't work either. I got a message saying that it was white listed, but contacted chase, and they say they have no record of a charge attempt. neither does paypal. so bitcoin might be my last choice..

good to know. I also tried the mastercard key with paypal option and that didn't work either. I got a message saying that it was white listed, but contacted chase, and they say they have no record of a charge attempt. neither does paypal. so bitcoin might be my last choice..
I think that mastercard key through paypal to pay for redfox items will end soon. I bought anydvd a month ago with it, with no problems. Finally decided to get anystream. When I used the mastercard key from paypal, it triggered a fraud alert from my bank because of a China processor. Which means, if the past is any guide. My accounts will undergo a security and fraud audit, then they will issue me a new card. Oh well, I will be updating my cards in more than a few places in the following weeks. When will I learn?

Hey test5655 - I remember waiting and wondering why it was taking so long and I had missed a step - verifying something or another, I forget exactly what now (might have been "Verify ID"). After I did that it was another 2 or 3 days. I could buy coin as much as I wanted but in order to send it somewhere else I had to do this extra step - which was not very clear at first.

hey folks, just a heads up....I found out the problem, although still not sure what it happened that way.

I had been putting in the monetary amount that was supposed to be available in my vault for withdraw, and it didn't work. what I wound up doing on a whim was 'withdraw all' button, and after two days, it wound up in my Wallet like it should have been. and THEN I was thankfully able to send it in and finally purchase anystream. Now, if only I can figure out how to send the excess from my wallet back to my paypal :).

also hope that anystream can add hulu/disney+ and pluto tv support soon :).

thanks!

I would have just used Visa but I guess they don't have it anymore and I don't have Master card.
So I can only use Bitcoin. I really don't know anything about bitcoin except what I hear in the news.

Well, so far I thought that I would start by just creating an account with coinbase.com.
I put in all my personal info, created an account, and then went to fund my account. I chose to use my paypal account.
I selected Paypal and entered my email and my paypal password and I get a message that says

"Username or password incorrect
Check that your credentials are the same that you use for this institution."
I know they are correct because I use a password manager and I logged in to paypal just prior.
So I seem to stuck at this point.

So I tried my bank account and that worked.
It said something on the main page about adding $10 to your account if you transferred $100.
I added $100 to my coinbase account and there was a transaction fee of $2.99 that showed up in the middle of that process.
I didn't get the $10 added.
So I have $95.85 in my account. By my calculations, anystream is going to cost $95.62.
If bitcoin drops, I may have to add 2 or 3 more dollars to the account so I can pay for it.
Right now it says I have $0 to send so I assume I have to wait for the transfer from my bank before I can actually purchase Anystream.
I hope I can complete this purchase before the sale runs out.

I really like what the Anystream trial is doing so far.

Update 12/24/20
So $100 has been taken out of my bank account.
My account balance at coinbase is now
Total portfolio balance $105.16
Available to trade $105.16
Pending deposits -$97.01 Just noticed it says "Available to send in 7 days"
Available to send $8.15
It looks like they must have added the $10.
I guess this means that I have to wait for the pending deposit to complete before I can make the purchase.
So far I have to say that it has gone smoothly. The worst part is the waiting, when you are unfamiliar with the process.

Update 1/1/2021
Yesterday the 8 day waiting period was up so I attempted to make the purchase.
I had the full amount available to send.
When I tried to send, they still required me to verify my identity by uploading an ID like a drivers license. I had hoped to avoid this as I don't like any more of my information floating around on the web than necessary.
I guess it was pointless to wait the eight day waiting period.
I decided to go ahead and upload my drivers license. I took a picture of it and transferred it to the PC. I selected verify my identity and selected drivers license. Come to find out they want both sides of it. At this point I was out of time and had to quit.

Today, tried it again. Got a picture of the back side of my drivers license on the PC and verified my identity. I used the drag and drop method to upload the images of the drivers license. That didn't work the first time every time I tried it. It usually takes two or three tries, and then it works. After a minute or so, a message appeared saying that my identity was verified.
I then went to the Redfox site and started the purchase process. I got to the end where it tells you to send so much in bitcoin to an address.
I went back to Coinbase and started the send process. At that point, it made me verify my identity again by uploading my drivers license photos. I went through that process again, and again received a message that my identity was verified, and it let me continue with the sending process.
Entering the amount of bit coins was tricky. I tried copying and pasting the amount from the Redfox page, but it pasted random numbers. I tried typing the amount manually and it would allow me to type zeros but no numbers. After messing with it for a while the display changed and the font size decreased, but it auto-filled the field with zeros. I was able to finally type in the amount by deleting a zero to the right, typing a number, deleting the next zero, typing a number, and so on. I finally got the correct amount typed in.
I was able to copy and paste the address in to the address field and that worked. BTW, it says to enter an email address, but the address Redfox gives is just a long number. It works though.
Once I told it to process, it went pretty fast. I got an email from Redfox almost immediately, saying that the transaction was complete, along with my key code.

So there it is.
My journey in to buying AnyStream using bitcoin form Coinbase.

Last edited:
Update 12/24/20
So $100 has been taken out of my bank account.
My account balance at coinbase is now
Total portfolio balance $105.16
Available to trade $105.16
Pending deposits -$97.01 Just noticed it says "Available to send in 7 days"
Available to send $8.15
It looks like they must have added the $10.
I guess this means that I have to wait for the pending deposit to complete before I can make the purchase.
So far I have to say that it has gone smoothly. The worst part is the waiting, when you are unfamiliar with the process.

Once you are able to spend your Bitcoin in coinbase (I have no idea why they block it for 7 days) just start a new purchase. In case you are short by a few dollars, give me a shout here and I'll tweak the amount you have to pay that it matches the amount you have to send (or sent already) :)

Once you are able to spend your Bitcoin in coinbase (I have no idea why they block it for 7 days) just start a new purchase. In case you are short by a few dollars, give me a shout here and I'll tweak the amount you have to pay that it matches the amount you have to send (or sent already) :)

Thank You
It says I have three days to wait.
Total portfolio balance $121.93
Available to trade $121.93

Pending deposits -$97.01

Available to send $24.92
Pending deposits
BTC Buy on Dec 22, 2020

Available to send in 3 days $97.01

I think mpking said that they won't put a hold on it if you scan in you drivers license/ID and send it, but I haven't felt comfortable to take that leap yet.

Last edited:
I bought AnyStream with Bitcoin today.

I'm a complete Bitcoin noob, and the only part that wasn't painful and confusing was the final transaction of sending Bitcoin to the address that the RedFox purchase page provided. Actually, even that caused me a little bit of heartburn because sending Bitcoin directly from a wallet on my computer to RedFox unexpectedly involved a fee (to who?). The default fee option my Electrum wallet selected put me over the balance I had carefully put into my wallet to come close to the AnyStream purchase price. I was able to get the fee down so my wallet balance would cover things by randomly playing with some sort of fee widget that had both a drop-down and a slider. I still have no idea what effect my choices had other than changing the amount of the fee. Did it make the transaction less secure? More likely to fail? Take longer? I don't know. I didn't select the lowest fee because I didn't know if that might increase the chance of a problem. Anyway, the purchase went though and I got my AnyStream license.

Getting the bitcoin to make a purchase involved using two exchanges: Coinbase and bitcoin.com/moonpay. I signed up with Coinbase first - because so many articles recommended it - and did a test purchase of $20 in bitcoin only to find out later that Coinbase will only let you buy $50 of bitcoin per week using a debit card. So for the remaining bitcoin I needed for the AnyStream purchase I used bitcoin.com/moonpay.

Coinbase charges some fees on purchase which totaled about $2 on the $20. Then they also charge some fraction of a bitcoin to transfer from the Coinbase wallet to the wallet on my computer. I forget what that amounted to, but I think it was pretty small.

The bitcoin.com/moonpay fees seemed really high. However, the bitcoin was deposited directly into my desktop's wallet instead of to an online wallet that I then had to transfer to my desktop wallet.

Sometimes the bitcoin amounts are given in bitcoin units (BTC) sometimes in "mBTC" which are 1000th of a bitcoin (also called a "satoshi", I think). I found this irritating. (I have since found that the Electrum Wallet can be configured to show BTC units instead of mBTC).

The Electrum wallet doesn't provide any tools to convert mBTC to USD - I would find that very handy since I don't have a "feel" for how much 2.49623 mBTC (or the equivalent 0.00249623 BTC) is. I have since found that the Electrum wallet can be configured to show equivalents in USD or other currencies.

The exchanges seem to have almost as many problems as RedFox does regarding Visa/MasterCard. Coinbase (and maybe other exchanges) will not work with credit cards - only debit cards. I could not get my MasterCard debit to work on either Coinbase or bitcoin.com/moonpay.

When sending ID & selfies, Coinbase made me upload my selfie a second time - I took off my glasses for the second photo, which was accepted. I'm not sure if the glasses had anything to do with that or not. bitcoin.com/moonpay didn't like the first set of driver's license photos I sent (Coinbase had no problem with them), so I had to reshoot those as well.

All in all it was a painful experience. But I guess next time it'll go smoother (I hope).

The Seattle area apparently has quite a few "Bitcoin ATMs". I think I would have liked to be able to use one of those to get some bitcoin into my wallet (I'm not familiar with their fees though). Unfortunately, I've moved more than an hour and a ferry ride away from Seattle, so Bitcoin ATMs are not in my immediate future.

Last edited:
Back