• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Failed to send host key (bus encryption) (only with some disks)

Blazkowicz

When I insert Fantastic Beasts 2 UHD into my external drive, I get this error:

Failed to send host key (bus encryption)

When I insert a different UHD into the same drive (I never had the problem with any other UHDs I own), it works fine (also shows "Disc wants bus encryption!" in log).

I attached a log of both UHDs. The problematic UHD works in another drive.

MakeMKV and any other software (which can remove UHD copy protection) were not active during the Windows session I tested.

So I wonder why it fails for this specific UHD.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.0.2_Info_K_FB2_THE_CRIMES_GRINDELWALD.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 7
  • AnyDVD_8.5.0.2_Info_K_Harry_Potter_Order_of_Phoenix_F3FEB981_A3EAB6EF.ziplog
    3.3 MB · Views: 2
Maybe it’s not yet supported.......
Note: UHD support for a title is not release-based and can happen at any time as it just involves adding a key to the OPD.

So check often!”

It would display this error then (which displays for the other working drive):

Cannot process request at this moment, please try again later!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Doesn’t that message also indicate that UHD is not yet supported ?

This message is the one it is referred to (as mentioned in my previous post on main drive I get the initial error, on other the not_supported one and try later).

This message is the one it is referred to (as mentioned in my previous post on main drive I get the initial error, on other the not_supported one and try later).

I have seen both of the errors you mention, in the case of an unsupported UHD movie.

When I insert Fantastic Beasts 2 UHD into my external drive, I get this error:

Failed to send host key (bus encryption)

When I insert a different UHD into the same drive (I never had the problem with any other UHDs I own), it works fine (also shows "Disc wants bus encryption!" in log).

I attached a log of both UHDs. The problematic UHD works in another drive.

MakeMKV and any other software (which can remove UHD copy protection) were not active during the Windows session I tested.

So I wonder why it fails for this specific UHD.
I suggest to remove the deuhd.sys driver. It is broken. It can interfere, even if DeUHD is off.
The good news: DeUHD doesn't need the driver. It can "rip" fine without it.

Hmm, no, you shouldn't.

I also have DEUHD installed, but was pretty sure I had removed deuhd.sys.

But I have de-installed/re-installed it a number of times in the past. Maybe on one occasion deuhd.sys was left in place and I got a ‘Failed to send host key (bus encryption)’.

I suggest to remove the deuhd.sys driver. It is broken. It can interfere, even if DeUHD is off.
The good news: DeUHD doesn't need the driver. It can "rip" fine without it.

Thank you for your reply @James. I removed it via ImgBurn, then powered up the external drive and voila, the host key could be send :)

EDIT: Now for another disk, same drive :(
Also after a complete reboot. New log attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.0.2_Info_K_GOTUHD_S2_D2_B5.ziplog
    3.5 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Any other idea what I can try? The drives are uhd-friendly or else they would not work with other disks.

I'm hitting this error with a German release of IT (remake) but is fine with a German release of IT Ch. 2. Would the logs tell you the reason for the failure or are they pretty useless at this point?

You could attempt to post a log but it probably won't make a difference. We can look though.

here goes nothing... between .5.0 and 5.2 beta the message went to being unable to retrieve volume id (LG and an ASUS one (rebranded LG really) just to make sure).

The disc plays fine in a Sony 4K player.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.9.0_Info_F_IT.ziplog
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.5.0.0_Info_D_IT.ziplog
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.5.0.2_Info_D_IT_E0325203_122354CD.ziplog
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.5.0.2_Info_F_IT_E0325203_122354CD.ziplog
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
I'm confused. 8.5.0.2 looks to have decrypted the title fine. So what is the issue? Yes, I saw the bus encryption error with 8.4.9.0 but it worked with no issue with 8.5.0.2.

I'm confused. 8.5.0.2 looks to have decrypted the title fine. So what is the issue? Yes, I saw the bus encryption error with 8.4.9.0 but it worked with no issue with 8.5.0.2.

I thought that "Error retrieving VolumeID!" was a deal-breaker for decrypting the disc... So, anyway, I went back and tried to rip it, and we're back to square one with .2, and I even rebooted for a good measure:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.0.2_Info_F_IT.ziplog
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
Not for UHD, no. That error is meaningless for UHD. However, the bus encryption issue isn't. I've no idea what's different about each log on the same disc/drive where one worked and one didn't.

Not for UHD, no. That error is meaningless for UHD. However, the bus encryption issue isn't. I've no idea what's different about each log on the same disc/drive where one worked and one didn't.

Good to know re. the volume id for UHDs. Intermittent failures are fun ;-)

Yea, no idea on that one. Not seen any problems like that. Usually it works or it doesn't UNLESS it's having issues reading the disc. Which is always possible.

Back