• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Amazon Prime not aware of a viewing?

The Roadie

Paid for a rental. Downloaded it with AnyStream. Just got an email reminder that I haven't viewed it and I have only two more weeks.

Is this the intended behavior?

upload_2020-11-15_7-37-46.png

Paid for a rental. Downloaded it with AnyStream. Just got an email reminder that I haven't viewed it and I have only two more weeks.

Is this the intended behavior?

View attachment 54095

That's nothing anystream has any control over. That's sent by amazon. Normally upon download anystream should at least updated the "played" status a small bit. Check the status of that title.

That's nothing anystream has any control over. That's sent by amazon.
That's clearly understood.
Normally upon download anystream should at least updated the "played" status a small bit. Check the status of that title.
Here's what Amazon says when I go to the title's page now. It's as if the download wasn't even detected by Amazon. This observation might be of interest to the developers. It is of interest to me because I thought my 48 hours had expired soon after my download, and now I see can also see it on my TV for an extended time.

A number of abandoned rentals might be a bad thing to accumulate in my profile, I speculate.

upload_2020-11-15_7-53-12.png

That's not the status I'm talking about. Usually when a title is downloaded, a small progress bar should appear with a portion filled in solid light blue.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

That's not the status I'm talking about. Usually when a title is downloaded, a small progress bar should appear with a portion filled in solid light blue.

That might be the problem: when downloading in unthrottled, the vendor "knows" you haven't completed (albeit you might've started) watching the title, cf when downloading in real-time the progress bar goes till virtually the end of the title

Doubt that's the problem, but unknown untill we know the progress bar status.

Doubt that's the problem, but unknown untill we know the progress bar status.

What I'm saying is that I only download in real-time and all my progress bars are always virtually complete after downloading, not just partially filled.

What I'm saying is that I only download in real-time and all my progress bars are always virtually complete after downloading, not just partially filled.
I know, that's not the point. My guess atm is, maybe his bar didn't get updated at all, causing that message to trigger. If it updated at least a bit, maybe they wouldn't have sent it out.

I know, that's not the point. My guess atm is, maybe his bar didn't get updated at all, causing that message to trigger. If it updated at least a bit, maybe they wouldn't have sent it out.

Potentially yes, we need to know the "status" of the status bar, I guess ;)

When first reporting this, there was no status bar. The blue box with the arrow said "Watch Now" and the display just above that had the "You have 13 days left to start..."

upload_2020-11-15_10-22-28.png

I started viewing it for a short time just now, and the "Watch now" box turned into the normal status bar and the 13-day phrase now mentions only the 48 hour timer. And yes, I had downloaded it at 4X, I believe. Log attached.

upload_2020-11-15_10-27-7.png

Attachments

• Amazon-Chesley Bonestell- A Brush With The Future.astlog
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
When first reporting this, there was no status bar. The blue box with the arrow said "Watch Now" and the display just above that had the "You have 13 days left to start..."

<snip>

Perhaps it's just a badly worded email from them and what they mean is "to finish watching." Maybe try downloading one title at 1x speed overnight and see if same message gets sent?

No, the "Watch now" box with no status bar told me the movie was in the "paid for and never started to view" category. A brand new rental I hadn't initiated viewing on.

Somehow AnyStream downloaded it without Amazon taking notice. That this state can even exist seemed like something of interest to the developers, for reasons it's not useful to speculate about.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

No, the "Watch now" box with no status bar told me the movie was in the "paid for and never started to view" category. A brand new rental I hadn't initiated viewing on.

Somehow AnyStream downloaded it without Amazon taking notice. That this state can even exist seemed like something of interest to the developers, for reasons it's not useful to speculate about.

In science, "speculations" are called hypotheses. Hypotheses end up either proven or disproven. In the instant case, we know that (a) downloading at 1x speed advances the "watched" progress; we also know that (b) downloading at 4x speed doesn't even register with the vendor as even starting to watch (at least in your case, and that apparently persisted for multiple titles). To eliminate the download speed as a factor, I suggested trying a new title with 1x speed; this will either confirm or disprove the "download speed is a factor" hypothesis. ;)

I don't think the speed is a factor. As every title I've downloaded (including bought content on US prime) was downloaded at unlimited speed. Every single one of them had the 'play' bar updated to a degree.

You can also go to Amazon > Prime Video > gear icon (top right) > Settings > Watch History > Delete from watch history.

I think it's intented.
You can also do this with Adblock on your browser.

Back