• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Video Format not supported

TheHung

Hi,

after downloading a video, either from Amazon or Netflix, trying to watch it on a Samsung Smart TV I get an error message like 'video format not supported'.

What am I doing wrong?

Help much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi,

after downloading a video, either from Amazon or Netflix, trying to watch it on a Samsung Smart TV I get an error message like 'video format not supported'.

What am I doing wrong?

Help much appreciated.

Cheers

First thing to do is to test the .mp4 file AnyStream creates by playing it on your computer in a player.

If that works, the problem is on the TV side, maybe how you're asking your TV to play the file.

If the file doesn't play in the computer, you should specify what the error is and post a logfile from AnyStream.

T

Which formats does your Samsung support?
You may find the supported codecs in the manual of your TV.

@TheHung
Samsung has problems with certain codecs. You're not doing anything wrong here.

probably the "eac" audio isnt supported
demux the audio of the mp4 files
lookup the bitrate which you got (mediainfo)
convert it to ac3 or aac in the same or nearly same bitrate
mux the new audio in

and try again.

If you own a BD player plug the USB stick with the file in the USB port of the player and try that instead of the Samsung TV directly.

Gosh! What a huge amount of replies. Thanks, guys.

- Yes, the *.mp4 files are playing very well on the computer
- I don't use the TV directly but through a NAS from Synology and it's software DS video. Another video not downloaded by Anystream work well that way.
- The bitrate for audio is 639 kBit/s, 6 channels with a rate of 48,000 kHz. I'll try to convert the audio.
- there are a couple of supported audio and video codecs supported. H.264 1920/1080 is one of them.

Anybody an idea how to handle - the convert idea will be tried.

Thx. again.

If you can, i would recommend you to invest in some sort of streaming device like apple tv or shield, and then you favorite streaming software, it solves a lot of playback issues.

If you can, i would recommend you to invest in some sort of streaming device like apple tv or shield, and then you favorite streaming software, it solves a lot of playback issues.

That does make no sense in my mind. I have an actual smart TV. Thx. anyway for your suggestion.

That does make no sense in my mind. I have an actual smart TV. Thx. anyway for your suggestion.
Not smart enough or so it seems?
A chromecast device is even less expensive and would quickly add some of that smart that your TV is lacking?

its not a thing about smart or new product.

its just manufactures dont want to invest to support dts and stuff like that.

Smart TVs are usually not that smart, it might be smart when you first buy it but cant keep up and start loosing its intelligence quickly, lol little wordplay here.
i quickly abandoned my smart TVs functions and bought Apple TVs instead, never regretted it for a second.

Smart TVs are usually not that smart, it might be smart when you first buy it but cant keep up and start loosing its intelligence quickly, lol little wordplay here.
i quickly abandoned my smart TVs functions and bought Apple TVs instead, never regretted it for a second.

I agree. That's what I did too. I first tried two different Chromecasts and was disappointed by both. The Apple TV is not exactly cheap, but it blows most other streaming-devices out of the water. Synology has its own app for the Apple TV, but if that doesn't work, you can try Infuse.

Alternatively, if you don't need to stream anything directly from Netflix or other similar services, you can try a Raspberry Pi with the LibreElec / Kodi system software.

Last edited:
Back