• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[SOLVED] "no disc present" problem

Blaine Binkerd

I've probably noticed this more recently, so I have a stupid question or two. I insert a DVD into my drive, and nothing happens. AnyDVD shows the "no disc present" message. I've tried disabling AnyDVD and reinserting the disc, but I still have nothing. Occasionally, if I eject and reinsert the disc, it may start working, but that doesn't work very often. Up until now, I've been returning the DVD (or set) and getting a replacement. That seems to work most of the time. The most recent failures were discs in NCIS season 16 and NCIS season 17.
I don't know if I've been hitting a bad bunch of DVDs or if something else is going on. I'm not here to blame AnyDVD, but I figure you guys probably know much more about this subject than me.
Should I think about getting a new BluRay drive for my PC? If so, what brand(s) should I look at? I'm convinced that either I keep getting bad discs or the drive is flaky.
Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.0.0_Info_D_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    25 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.5.0.0_Info_D_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    25 KB · Views: 3
If windows doesn't detect the disc with anydvd disabled, it's not an anydvd problem and you have the following possible causes.

Dirty/defective disc and/or drive

If the drive does detect other dvd and blu-ray titles, the drive is fine. Which leaves the disc, if you can try it in another system and that one also doesn't work, it's most likely the disc.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I've probably noticed this more recently, so I have a stupid question or two. I insert a DVD into my drive, and nothing happens. AnyDVD shows the "no disc present" message. I've tried disabling AnyDVD and reinserting the disc, but I still have nothing. Occasionally, if I eject and reinsert the disc, it may start working, but that doesn't work very often. Up until now, I've been returning the DVD (or set) and getting a replacement. That seems to work most of the time. The most recent failures were discs in NCIS season 16 and NCIS season 17.
I don't know if I've been hitting a bad bunch of DVDs or if something else is going on. I'm not here to blame AnyDVD, but I figure you guys probably know much more about this subject than me.
Should I think about getting a new BluRay drive for my PC? If so, what brand(s) should I look at? I'm convinced that either I keep getting bad discs or the drive is flaky.
Thanks.
Code:
0.17s: unit ready failed, sense 2:30:0
Your drive says, that an "incompatible medium" is installed.

If windows doesn't detect the disc with anydvd disabled, it's not an anydvd problem and you have the following possible causes.

Dirty/defective disc and/or drive

If the drive does detect other dvd and blu-ray titles, the drive is fine. Which leaves the disc, if you can try it in another system and that one also doesn't work, it's most likely the disc.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you very much! I don't know why, but I completely excluded the dirty drive possibility. I bought a drive cleaner and ran it until it said it was finished. Voila! unreadable discs from earlier sessions are suddenly visible. I can but hang my head in shame for this.

Back