• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature request - download queue

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to pay $30 for a lifetime license? PlayOn's lifetime license is also more than than. Besides, it's a horrible comparison. PlayOn does a screen capture of the stream. AnyStream's is a direct download from the source. The quality of the latter is way better.

DrX
Incorrect. It does not display on the screen. I have it. It puts a 2 second message on the start of the video which is annoying.

It does not dona screen capture.

What's stopping you from using PlayOn then, or do you feel like trolling?
I'm not trolling. I'm looking at another option. Or are you against that.

I was stating that they could easily add a download queue.

I'm also looking at <snip> by another company.

I like what I've seen from anystream but not having a queue is a pain. Put the price is the issue I have with it

Last edited by a moderator:
Incorrect. It does not display on the screen. I have it. It puts a 2 second message on the start of the video which is annoying.

So the paid version puts a two second message at the start of the video? Well, you should take it up with them and quit polluting this thread. It does do capture-reencode cycle, you are patently ignorant of the software you're purporting is a competitor; better figure out what it does first... :rockingchair:

I'm not trolling. I'm looking at another option. Or are you against that.

I was stating that they could easily add a download queue.

I'm also looking at freeamazonprimedownload by another company.

I like what I've seen from anystream but not having a queue is a pain. Put the price is the issue I have with it

Well, look, you're clearly unhappy with AS, and the price isn't going to change any time soon, so given that you're pushing for a feature with patently no intention of buying it in the first place, why on Earth would anyone take notice of you?

Well, look, you're clearly unhappy with AS, and the price isn't going to change any time soon, so given that you're pushing for a feature with patently no intention of buying it in the first place, why on Earth would anyone take notice of you?
I'm guessing you're shilling this product. No matter what features it has or doesn't.

If you like to buy incomplete software go-ahead. I know how the software works and you are incorrect. But since you seem to love anystream no matter what go-ahead and don't look for any other options.

I would buy it but at about $70 for only be able to download load from Netflix and Amazon. No thanks. Unless you like vaporware.

If they add the download I probably would.

[MOD HAT ON]
@Zaskar I'm only going to say this once. This is the AnyStream section. Please stop advertising third party products. Thank you. Did you really just registered moments ago to spew crap about AnyStream? Sounds like you're working for one of those third party tools. Now as to the whole PlayOn thing, it's well over the internet that that's a screen recorder. It takes as long to download something as it does to watch something natively, it's an encoder/decoder. That you don't (want to) understand that, that's fine, but it doesnt mean you have a blank slate to spew crap about anystream. That ends here and now or your fresh account will not last long on this forum. If you want to advertise third party products, do it in the right subforum. Not redfox product specific forum sections!

Vaporware? Seriously, Anystream does very much do what it promises to do. Yes it's new to the "market" so there's still lots to improve but imo it already beats anything out there. AnyStream is a direct downloader from the provider CDN's, it doesnt record anything. It merely grabs the streams directly as they're offered and puts them in an mp4 container. Completely different thing! Nobody will force you to use it or buy it, but that again doesn't mean you have a blank slate to talk trash.

Forum access is a priviledge, not a right. Please choose your next words carefully...
[MOD HAT OFF]

I'm guessing you're shilling this product. No matter what features it has or doesn't.

If you like to buy incomplete software go-ahead. I know how the software works and you are incorrect. But since you seem to love anystream no matter what go-ahead and don't look for any other options.

I would buy it but at about $70 for only be able to download load from Netflix and Amazon. No thanks. Unless you like vaporware.

Think what you like, the product works for me, and does so exceptionally well, but then again, I ain't a l33ch; you've mentioned at least two alternatives, so have fun with them. Incidentally, I'm actually strongly in favour of AS dropping l33ching features (so even less functionality so far as you're concerned).

[MOD HAT ON]
@Zaskar I'm only going to say this once. This is the AnyStream section. Please stop advertising third party products. Thank you. Did you really just registered moments ago to spew crap about AnyStream?

<snip>

[MOD HAT OFF]

I wouldn't be surprised if the competition were coming here posing as (potential) customers to fancifully crap on AS as their revenue stream dries up...

Actually, you're wrong. It may not display by default, but it's still a screen capture. They use a hidden instance of IE for recording. Also, if you talk to their support guys, there is a secret option to make it display. I've used PlayOn for YEARS before AnyStream came along. I know what I'm talking about.

DrX

Think what you like, the product works for me, and does so exceptionally well, but then again, I ain't a l33ch; you've mentioned at least two alternatives, so have fun with them. Incidentally, I'm actually strongly in favour of AS dropping l33ching features (so even less functionality so far as you're concerned).

I wouldn't be surprised if the competition were coming here posing as (potential) customers to fancifully crap on AS as their revenue stream dries up...
They probably do (like this guy?) and if they don't behave, such accounts won't last long here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I'm not looking for leeching features. I just don't want to have to keep doing it one at a time. At the recommend speed for the download is 1x. So I'd have to wait 30 minutes to add another recording. 60 minutes for a 60 minute show.

They probably do (like this guy?) and if they don't behave, such accounts won't last long here.

Believe what you want. I'm looking around and came here because people mentioned a download queue. I mentioned two other alternatives.

Obviously if I was completely happy with them, I wouldn't be here.

How about using the WatchList from AP and the MyList from NF. Have an option to setup the Default Downloads for Audio Size and Video Size. Now the question would be, could you queue downloads from multiple providers? And is it possible for AS read this queues (WatchList/MyList) from the providers or would you have to build one to do so?

I'm not looking for leeching features. I just don't want to have to keep doing it one at a time. At the recommend speed for the download is 1x. So I'd have to wait 30 minutes to add another recording. 60 minutes for a 60 minute show.

Given that you've not paid for a licence (as you claim it's way to expensive vs your proposed 20-30 bucks), you're limited to 10 downloads (with a one a day refill rate), so you ain't gonna be coming back to download as often as you think...

You have the trial, you have seen what it does and what it doesn't do. Use the trial to the end and then buy it or don't. Features will be added when and if the developers want to add them. I think you have the information you need so please do not say that one of our members is shilling a product, you have already shilled two products here, now you have said your peace. please enjoy the trial.

Given that you've not paid for a licence (as you claim it's way to expensive vs your proposed 20-30 bucks), you're limited to 10 downloads (with a one a day refill rate), so you ain't gonna be coming back to download as often as you think...
With a maximum of 31 in total as the trial only lasts 21d. After that, no downloads at all.

You have the trial, you have seen what it does and what it doesn't do. Use the trial to the end and then buy it or don't. Features will be added when and if the developers want to add them. I think you have the information you need so please do not say that one of our members is shilling a product, you have already shilled two products here, now you have said your peace. please enjoy the trial.
Thats what I'm doing. Don't know why people are so defensive. I like what I see except for the lack of a download queue. And the price is a little too high. Maybe they'll have a black Friday sale.

I have purchased their other products in the past (anyDVD and clonedvd).

I did enjoy the trial. Except for a couple of things. If there's is a black Friday sale I'll probably purchase it. Even with the lack of a download queue..

I wasn't trying to push other products, just giving an example

Thanks

Yeah, genius it is a trial. Hence, I'm trying it and pointing out some issues. Why so defensive. Yeah, I am not, not "ain't". Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back