• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Feature request - download queue

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1

Only with this feature Anystream will be really useable.

If this is not realizable for technical reasons (because page switches may be needed), it would be nice to download at least multiple streams off the current page, e. g. all parts of a season.

So as not to draw attention how about a queue system that did not download one after the other but spread them out a bit over a period of time say 12 x 30 min episodes over a 24 hour period.

+1

Only with this feature Anystream will be really useable.

If this is not realizable for technical reasons (because page switches may be needed), it would be nice to download at least multiple streams off the current page, e. g. all parts of a season.

I agree that if a service provider allows for multiple simultaneous streams that Anystream should be able to download multiple simultaneous streams from the given provider. However, its highly unusual for a subscriber to stream multiple episodes of a series at the same time and as such it would seem quasi abusive of the streaming service to do so. Its for this reason that I do not support the suggestion as is.

I think it would be fair to have a single queue download a single season episode by episode consecutively and have another unrelated (not of the same series or season) download from the same service provider up to the limit of the number of streams the streaming provider allows for the account type. So lets say up to four simultaneous streams max if your subscription to the service allows it.

So as not to draw attention how about a queue system that did not download one after the other but spread them out a bit over a period of time say 12 x 30 min episodes over a 24 hour period.

That is a good point.

I suggest an "off-peak" option that would auto download a set queue at off hours and a "pause break" option that would insert a time interval between downloads from the same provider (this would be opt in not enforced).

I agree that if a service provider allows for multiple simultaneous streams that Anystream should be able to download multiple simultaneous streams from the given provider. ...

This seems to be a misunderstanding. Nobody in this thread before requests simultaneous downloads which may actually lead to trouble with the content providers.

A "queue" processes its content per definitionem one by one, not in parallel.

In my view a queue won't be intended to speed up downloads. It's purpose is to make it easier to download multiple film strips. Instead of starting the download of one scene, waiting until it is downloaded and then manually start the next scene, I just pick up all downloads I want at once and let Anystream do all the work automatically.

E. g., before I go to bed I just start the download of a whole season of my favorite series and in the morning I'll found it on my hard disk.

Simultaneously, not in this thread no. But it has been requested (by me actually) early on in closed beta.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Is this getting considered? Queue of different movies/shows surely seems like it could help a lot.

I just want to download the entire NF library lol just kidding

Its also worth pointing out that some services will have some series that are released weekly rather then an entire season released all at once (or already accumulated).

In such a case (weekly episode releases) being able to tag a series so episodes are automatically downloaded or automatically added to the queue (and possibly added to the top of the queue as an option) would be great.

Hey guys, I just read a request thread here thinking it was a dupe request of this thread which (I thought) was already under consideration but apparently it's not. Please give a thumbs up or down to requests rather than leaving them in limbo, IMO this is actually a better request than the one marked as under consideration because it solves the problem of batch tv episodes as well as building a queue of unrelated titles.

It is. Qeueu : batch downloading 1 after another

Batch downloading: under consideration

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

+1 This is needed to make AS, a great app, into an even better app. it would also be the trigger for me to purchase. Right now it's too time-intensive to be used except for occasional downloading unless you want to spend all day on your computer. I can't, I'm married! :LOL:

+1 This is needed to make AS, a great app, into an even better app. it would also be the trigger for me to purchase. Right now it's too time-intensive to be used except for occasional downloading unless you want to spend all day on your computer. I can't, I'm married! :LOL:

Out of curiosity, if you don't have the time to download, when would you have the time to watch, or is this about l33ching?

For me, I like to watch these movies on TVs instead of a computer screen because it's a more comfortable environment for us. Plus I have other and more important things to do than manually queuing downloads. So, for me, it's more about time management than l33ching..

For me, I like to watch these movies on TVs instead of a computer screen because it's a more comfortable environment for us. Plus I have other and more important things to do than manually queuing downloads. So, for me, it's more about time management than l33ching..

AS dings when a download is complete, it's fairly trivial to attend on it, or set a new download just before watching what you've downloaded. In the grand scheme of things, I suspect it's a way more difficult request to fulfil than people think---for starters, I suspect, links are time-sensitive, plus the NF side has issues with being logged in for 24+ hours...

I suspect it's a way more difficult request to fulfil than people think
I'd rather not speculate, let the dev's speak to that. This, at least to me, is a pretty important feature and it seems like many other's feel the same way. Sometimes, like on a Saturday, I want to do this back to back and getting up and going into the other room to queue the next item is a PITA. Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't stop me from maintaining a license (pretty much only video quality issues would do that) but once the program is bug free for 60 days it's probably my #2 concern .

Agreed. This software is way over priced for what it is. $20 maybe $30. There are other apps that have a download que, such as PlayOn. They need to drop the price and add a que. In Playon you can add entire seasons, on Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Disney.

Agreed. This software is way over priced for what it is. $20 maybe $30. There are other apps that have a download que, such as PlayOn. They need to drop the price and add a que. In Playon you can add entire seasons, on Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Disney.

What's stopping you from using PlayOn then, or do you feel like trolling?

You want to pay $30 for a lifetime license? PlayOn's lifetime license is also more than than. Besides, it's a horrible comparison. PlayOn does a screen capture of the stream. AnyStream's is a direct download from the source. The quality of the latter is way better.

DrX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back