• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Wondering about this message

Fred256

WARNING:
AnyDVD is unable to crack all CSS Keys on this disc!
AnyDVD will guess the correct CSS Key, but it is possible,
that one or more titles on this disc will not play correctly.
You can check the AnyDVD CSS key archive from the AnyDVD
settings window.
NOTE:
To avoid this message in the future, you should set your drive
region code to match the region of this disc.

I thought one of the anyDVD features was no need to worry about region codes ?
How would changing that allow CSS keys to be cracked ?
Thanks for any details.

WARNING:
AnyDVD is unable to crack all CSS Keys on this disc!
AnyDVD will guess the correct CSS Key, but it is possible,
that one or more titles on this disc will not play correctly.
You can check the AnyDVD CSS key archive from the AnyDVD
settings window.
NOTE:
To avoid this message in the future, you should set your drive
region code to match the region of this disc.

I thought one of the anyDVD features was no need to worry about region codes ?
How would changing that allow CSS keys to be cracked ?
Thanks for any details.
It tells you what needs to be done (To avoid this message in the future, you should set your drive).
It tells you why you need to set your drive region (AnyDVD will guess the correct CSS Key, but it is possible,
that one or more titles on this disc will not play correctly.)

Without knowing what region your drive and disc is, it guesses what key needs to be used to crack the CSS keys. It may get the correct one, it may not. If it knows what region the drive and disc is, it knows which key to use to correctly crack the CSS keys. After doing that, the subsequent files will be region free.

Another issue is if you have a disc from another region from what your drive is set to. If this is a one time thing, change the drive region to match the disc, then change back afterward. If you plan on doing this a lot, you may want to get another drive set to the other region as you only can change the drive region 5 times. Plus you may have the issue of NTSC (Region 1) versus PAL (Region 2). AnyDVD can fix the CSS issue, but will not change the format from PAL to NTSC or vice versa.

Bottom line, set your drive region, and be sure to EXIT AnyDVD BEFORE checking or setting the drive region.

Last edited:
So you must reset the Region code? I don't quite follow as one of the AnyDVD features says Removes restrictions and region code from DVDs and Blu-rays. Doesn't this suggest the code has gone or isn't needed? I'm not complaining, just keen to know what's going on.
If it copies the disk to HD without error does this mean the copy is okay and a 'correct key' was found?

So you must reset the Region code?
You absolutely should
I don't quite follow as one of the AnyDVD features says Removes restrictions and region code from DVDs and Blu-rays. Doesn't this suggest the code has gone or isn't needed? I'm not complaining, just keen to know what's going on.
It will remove the region code IF it can correctly get the correct key(s).
If it copies the disk to HD without error does this mean the copy is okay and a 'correct key' was found?
Probably. Most times it gets it right by brute force, but sometimes it doesn't without the region being set. There really is no reason not to set it, you gain nothing by not setting it, but it could cause problems by not setting it.

My reason for not wanting to set it was to avoid using any of the 5 opportunities to change. I've never had to before with AnyDvd.
I did change it, and the warning msg was gone for Disk2. Disk1(not changed - was on no region) seems ok too.
Thanks for the info- one more thing - do I need to be on line? The compo with AnyDVD is not normally so, but I did connect to upgrade and left it connected for this job.

My reason for not wanting to set it was to avoid using any of the 5 opportunities to change. I've never had to before with AnyDvd.
I did change it, and the warning msg was gone for Disk2. Disk1(not changed - was on no region) seems ok too.
Thanks for the info- one more thing - do I need to be on line? The compo with AnyDVD is not normally so, but I did connect to upgrade and left it connected for this job.
No, AnyDVD does not use an online database for DVDs. If a disc is not able to be backed-up correctly, a fix would come on a new version.

Back