• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Issues with movie length on Archos

SimonRHalmshaw

Has anyone heard of this issue before?
I have a DVD that I converted to use on my Archos AV504, the DVD is a TV series, total length of converted movie is 2hrs 57mins, when converted comes out at 1.36Gb. When I start to play the file it will only play the first 2hrs 12mins and then stops. If I run the file on my PC it plays fine all the way through.
I ran the conversion again and deliberately selected the Archos AV series for the conversion and this reduced the file size to 1.06Gb, this resulted in the file running on the Archos for 2hr 31mins.
I ask this here only in case someone has met this issue before when converting large files or long running movies.
Thanks

Has anyone heard of this issue before?
I have a DVD that I converted to use on my Archos AV504, the DVD is a TV series, total length of converted movie is 2hrs 57mins, when converted comes out at 1.36Gb. When I start to play the file it will only play the first 2hrs 12mins and then stops. If I run the file on my PC it plays fine all the way through.
I ran the conversion again and deliberately selected the Archos AV series for the conversion and this reduced the file size to 1.06Gb, this resulted in the file running on the Archos for 2hr 31mins.
I ask this here only in case someone has met this issue before when converting large files or long running movies.
Thanks

When playing on the PC, does Windows Media Player show a funny behavior around the 2:12h? (does time slider range 0...2:12h instead of 2:57).

If your archos works with MP4 files, can you please try this:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=7836
(last post shows profile)

Back