• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[REQ] Do away with l33ching features

0x0x0x0x0

Assuming that providers are unaware of DRM bypass when people download titles at a rate of several per hour (faster than 'Realtime') (especially when title durations are in excess of an hour) is naive at best.

In reality, there are 280 titles per week (let's limit it to one provider) while there are only 168 hours in the same week. Unless one is watching short titles (<30mins) there's literally no way anyone could reasonably argue that they would reasonably watch that---when would you sleep?! So like it or not, it lights up like an Xmas tree.

The truth is, people had a chance and they started l33ching en masse, and providers noticed and stared countering. AnyStream was never marketed as a l33ching tool, quite the opposite!

The added benefit of only allowing 'Realtime' and no 'Download queue' (that many have suggested ought to be implemented) is that RedFox would only need to keep count of downloads for trial licences.

Edit: even at 140 titles per week (setting aside the initial 100), if we split the limit between the two, it would be a struggle to argue that one could reasonably watch all of that in 168 hours contiguously every week...

Last edited:
+1 ....while I'm semi-confident that the devs will be able to keep the tool going in the long run, any scrutiny created by more and more downloads only increases the likelihood of downtime when or if attempts to stifle the program are made. and this tool is now one added to the growing list of p2p and scene groups using similar.

and I say this as someone with a backlog of downloads in the hundreds.

In reality, there are 280 titles per week (let's limit it to one provider) while there are only 168 hours in the same week. Unless one is watching short titles (<30mins) there's literally no way anyone could reasonably argue that they would reasonably watch that

That's assuming most are watching Movies and/or long TV Shows. In reality there are a ton of TV Shows that have several seasons and episodes that are ~20 minutes long. Which would put it at 336 hours alone. You are also assuming it is only one person watching it. What if someone grabs a show for their family to watch? In a way that would expand the amount of hours viewable (since you could have 5 people watching 5 different shows simultaneously) and also cover hours you think they shouldn't be watching. Heck, I have a plex server that I let only family members in the house use and my niece (she rarely uses it) and the amount of hours they watch videos in a week total is pretty high and I would say they don't even come close to some others I've seen. I know for instance I have my TV running a large amount of the time for background noise while I work on papers, grading, etc.

---when would you sleep?! So like it or not, it lights up like an Xmas tree.

Again, you are assuming a lot here. 1) Some people have a hard time sleeping, for instance I sleep on average ~3 hours a day due to sleep issues. 2) You are forgetting what I mentioned above with multiple viewing. For instance I could watch 8a-11a, family member 2 11a-3p, family member 3 3p-7p, family member 4 7p-12a, family member 5 12a-8a. Which would cover an entire 24 hr period. Yet these habits don't have Netflix raising alarms as there are families that do this.

There's also taking into account that some people leave their Netflix on 24/7 in the background playing and then hitting "Ok" to that pop up once in awhile. So just because you don't think a viewing behavior is "normal" doesn't mean it isn't normal to a lot. Yet no flags have been raised or people would be complaining Netflix terminates their account for things like this.

The truth is, people had a chance and they started l33ching en masse, and providers noticed and stared countering.

This isn't the reason. Could it be a factor, yes, but it is not the reason. Reasons that won't be dived into here for various reasons.

The added benefit of only allowing 'Realtime' and no 'Download queue' (that many have suggested ought to be implemented) is that RedFox would only need to keep count of downloads for trial licences.

So again, adjust it to what you think is realistic and not what reality is?

Edit: even at 140 titles per week (setting aside the initial 100), if we split the limit between the two, it would be a struggle to argue that one could reasonably watch all of that in 168 hours contiguously every week...

Your assumptions on this are drastically off and you can see the above reasonings why.

I prefer to make my own decisions on usage, not have them made for me by someone who may or may not have a clue what they're talking about. If you can keep yourself regulated without trying to regulate others, things will be alright.

I'm going to go ahead and admit that I don't fully understand your argument but I will say this:

Why would anyone have to argue that one could or couldn't reasonably watch all of that in 168 hours contiguously every week?

Subscribers of services often use them with a family inside a home and that is all within a fair use policy of the service. So for example, 10yr old Son wants to watch anime, teenage daughter wants to watch some teenage stuff, Wife wants to watch some reality TV and Dad wants to watch some scifi all simultaneously and or contiguously.

One never need mimic the use of a single user because its understood that families can and do have aggressive use cases which are indeed supported by the streaming providers.

That's assuming most are watching Movies and/or long TV Shows. In reality there are a ton of TV Shows that have several seasons and episodes that are ~20 minutes long. Which would put it at 336 hours alone.

I literally spelled out that assumption in the text you quoted, did you bother reading?

You are also assuming it is only one person watching it. What if someone grabs a show for their family to watch? In a way that would expand the amount of hours viewable (since you could have 5 people watching 5 different shows simultaneously) and also cover hours you think they shouldn't be watching. Heck, I have a plex server that I let only family members in the house use and my niece (she rarely uses it) and the amount of hours they watch videos in a week total is pretty high and I would say they don't even come close to some others I've seen. I know for instance I have my TV running a large amount of the time for background noise while I work on papers, grading, etc.

Again, you are assuming a lot here. 1) Some people have a hard time sleeping, for instance I sleep on average ~3 hours a day due to sleep issues. 2) You are forgetting what I mentioned above with multiple viewing. For instance I could watch 8a-11a, family member 2 11a-3p, family member 3 3p-7p, family member 4 7p-12a, family member 5 12a-8a. Which would cover an entire 24 hr period. Yet these habits don't have Netflix raising alarms as there are families that do this.

And all those different family members would be watching the same device with the same ID and would be watching different parts of the same series, for example? Rhetorical question, don't answer. Your "explanation" is not only bordering on being fanciful, it's way out there!.. Oh, and if you can only sleep for three hours a day, ask any doctor, and the first thing they'd tell you is that's a serious health problem, and the second one: turn off sources of blue lights!..

There's also taking into account that some people leave their Netflix on 24/7 in the background playing and then hitting "Ok" to that pop up once in awhile. So just because you don't think a viewing behavior is "normal" doesn't mean it isn't normal to a lot. Yet no flags have been raised or people would be complaining Netflix terminates their account for things like this.

You're confusing a browser behaviour with an vendor app behaviour, in the latter the vendors have a degree of control to ensure DRM is enforced. Like I said before, "terminating accounts" (aka whack-a-mole) is a very 90s approach; the modern approach is to tweak global security (like Apple did with iTunes while requiem was about). Guess what happened a month or so after AnyStream was released: no HD in browser for most major vendors, and now Amazon tweaked their authentication/authorisation cookies that messed up AnyStream (I know it's that kind of problem because having not logged out since early yesterday (before the problem occurred) my Amazon is not affected). Coincidence, you'd say, and I'd say that vendors don't go messing around with things on a large scale unless the circumstances really require that!

This isn't the reason. Could it be a factor, yes, but it is not the reason. Reasons that won't be dived into here for various reasons.

So again, adjust it to what you think is realistic and not what reality is?

The only thing that can be "realistic" as you put it is complete mimicry of a single user for a single instance of the app. You want to be greedy and to be able to have multiple parallel downloads because "your members of family" watch stuff from a vendor on multiple devices? Fine: mimic that: buy a separate licence for each device and mimic downloads in real-time, that's realistic, what you describe is fanciful. Again, rhetorically, I presume you would still have members of your family watch while you're downloading, right?! :ROFLMAO:

Your assumptions on this are drastically off and you can see the above reasonings why.

Your reasoning is very naive and relies on the assumption that OpSec at the vendors is run by idiots, at least figure out how providers figure identify users/devices.

I'm going to go ahead and admit that I don't fully understand your argument but I will say this:

Why would anyone have to argue that one could or couldn't reasonably watch all of that in 168 hours contiguously every week?

Subscribers of services often use them with a family inside a home and that is all within a fair use policy of the service. So for example, 10yr old Son wants to watch anime, teenage daughter wants to watch some teenage stuff, Wife wants to watch some reality TV and Dad wants to watch some scifi all simultaneously and or contiguously.

... and they all have different device ids, AnyStream instance has ONE SINGLE device id, why is that so hard to grasp?!

One never need mimic the use of a single user because its understood that families can and do have aggressive use cases which are indeed supported by the streaming providers.

You're assuming the providers are idiots who can't tell if you're requesting authorisation from a single or multiple devices... therein lies the fault with your assumption!

I prefer to make my own decisions on usage, not have them made for me by someone who may or may not have a clue what they're talking about. If you can keep yourself regulated without trying to regulate others, things will be alright.

Except that it's the unregulated others who cause vendor problems for those who are capable of self-regulation. With power, comes responsibility; l33ches never consider the impact of their actions so long as they can l33ch enough, and will then whine that the piece of software that they paid for stopped working!

Except that it's the unregulated others who cause vendor problems for those who are capable of self-regulation. With power, comes responsibility; l33ches never consider the impact of their actions so long as they can l33ch enough, and will then whine that the piece of software that they paid for stopped working!

You know what? I have just watched you systematically go through this thread and give snide replies to anyone who has not agreed with you. People paid for this software. I am thankful that you have no say in its regulation. I consider myself responsible, however will use what I have paid for as I see fit. Sorry if that doesn't fit your passive-aggressive control narrative. No reply from you is expected or desired.

You know what? I have just watched you systematically go through this thread and give snide replies to anyone who has not agreed with you. People paid for this software. I am thankful that you have no say in its regulation. I consider myself responsible, however will use what I have paid for as I see fit. Sorry if that doesn't fit your passive-aggressive control narrative. No reply from you is expected or desired.

People paid for software, and now can't download from Amazon... You didn't even bother reading what I said, if you have a cogent explanation as to why the same device id would be requesting authorisations for sequential titles once every few minutes and doing so on large scale, I am all ears.

Edit: actually, who cares if they are even sequential titles, there's no plausible explanation, other than l33ching, why same device id would be requesting authorisation for titles every few minutes unless the titles are shorter than the inter-authorisation gap, and be doing so in hundreds at a time.

People paid for software, and now can't download from Amazon... You didn't even bother reading what I said, if you have a cogent explanation as to why the same device id would be requesting authorisations for sequential titles once every few minutes and doing so on large scale, I am all ears.

Edit: actually, who cares if they are even sequential titles, there's no plausible explanation, other than l33ching, why same device id would be requesting authorisation for titles every few minutes unless the titles are shorter than the inter-authorisation gap, and be doing so in hundreds at a time.

And of course, you, in your omnipotent glory, tactically download only non-consecutive titles/movies. You don't even know for sure if this is what caused the issue. Now you've had your say, several times over, in fact. Take a break and come up for air. As far as people not being able to download, it is the programmers' responsibility to keep abreast and ahead of such technology so that we can continue as uninterrupted as possible. These providers are more concerned with network penetration of their systems than they are with something like this software. Oh, and BTW, the competitor's software still works, so perhaps, it's not what everyone thinks it is. Now let the engineers fix the software. That's what we've paid for. /thread

Enough. As I've said before. Batch downloading is under consideration. Both the simultaneous and consecutive variant (which is what a queue is). It's up to the developers to decide if they'll actually go ahead with implementation and if so which variant(s). No amount of bickering is going to change that.

Now, as to your claim of a 'competitor'. There is no competition. As the only other tools out there (like flixgrab) are screen recorders. Those take as long to download as it does to watch a stream. That's not AnyStream, AnyStream is a direct downloader not a screen recorder.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

And of course, you, in your omnipotent glory, tactically download only non-consecutive titles/movies.

I download in realtime...

You don't even know for sure if this is what caused the issue. Now you've had your say, several times over, in fact. Take a break and come up for air. As far as people not being able to download, it is the programmers' responsibility to keep abreast and ahead of such technology so that we can continue as uninterrupted as possible.

One word for you: "requiem"

These providers are more concerned with network penetration of their systems than they are with something like this software. Oh, and BTW, the competitor's software still works, so perhaps, it's not what everyone thinks it is. Now let the engineers fix the software. That's what we've paid for. /thread

AnyStream still works for me for Amazon, that's how I know it's authentication/authorisation issue that they've tweaked. I have no idea what competitor's software you're talking about so can't comment, but it's very naive of you to assume that AnyStream hasn't been already RE at both providers...

Now, as to your claim of a 'competitor'. There is no competition. As the only other tools out there (like flixgrab) are screen recorders. Those take as long to download as it does to watch a stream. That's not AnyStream, AnyStream is a direct downloader not a screen recorder.

That's awesome. How soon will you have it working again? I've got at 4000 films to leech! ;-)

Me? Oh sometime in the year 3000, as I don't work for them ;-)

Back