• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Getting the same Copyright Protected Block on any software with or without Any DVD

jerome yankee

Hi Everyone:

Hope you are safe from the pandemic.

I am pretty good with computers and am hoping you could talk me through something I thought would be easy.

I have a video that is copyright protected and wanted to extract a few minutes for my use only. This will obviously never be shared or sold.

I thought if I put the disc in the Blu Ray External Drive and opened Any DVD it would read the contents in the background and when I opened the conversion software (Want to end up with either MPEG/MPEG 4/FLV) it would extract some or all of the DVD. Any program I try says the same thing "This is copyright protected and can't be copied."

Please tell me what am I doing incorrectly? Using Windows 10.

Thank you and be well,
JY

Anydvd logfile please

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hi Ch3vrOn:

Sorry I did not keep the log file. I do know that after scanning the contents of the disc it said everything was okay. No errors were shown.

Hi Ch3vrOn:

Sorry I did not keep the log file. I do know that after scanning the contents of the disc it said everything was okay. No errors were shown.
Anydvd doesn't make a logfile untill you right-click the tray icon and tell it to create one.

What anydvd reports in the status window is just basic info, that's not a logfile.

We need one, as without it we can't help you. But by the sounds of it, if this is a dvd (then this top c is in the wrong section and will be moved) then it must possibly structural protection, which can't be removed on the fly and you'll need to rip first, or if this is a blu-ray then it could be screenpass protection.

In either case, a logfile is required.

I thought the logfile was the contents shown in the bottom grey box after the contents were scanned (sorry for my error).

Do you have a general inclination of the issue from others that have had a similar scenario (I can't believe I am the first)?

Thank you for taking the time,
JY

It is a Blu-Ray Disc but was I wrong that the idea of the software was a workaround or is the exception a Blu Ray Disc that is copy protected? Thanks!

It is a Blu-Ray Disc but was I wrong that the idea of the software was a workaround or is the exception a Blu Ray Disc that is copy protected? Thanks!
AnyDVD does remove copy protection, but it could be a disc that AnyDVD hasn't seen yet so it doesn't remove it properly. It could be a defective disc, there could be some other reasons. You haven't even said what the title is, so anything is just a guess...until an AnyDVD log is provided. Right-click the Redfox icon in the hidden icons (by the clock), select Create Logfile, and attach it on a subsequent post.

Thanks for the info. Will do tomorrow. As for defective, that could not be the case as the disc played flawlessly all the way through and no marks or scratches on the laser side.

Thank you for your help this evening.

Be safe,
JY

I thought the logfile was the contents shown in the bottom grey box after the contents were scanned (sorry for my error).

Do you have a general inclination of the issue from others that have had a similar scenario (I can't believe I am the first)?

Thank you for taking the time,
JY
You thought wrong. The info in the status window is not a logfile. As to the general inclination, I said that in my previous response. But....I can't be sure without that logfile. So please create one and post it. We don't have a movie title, we don't have a logfile... We don't have a crystal ball either. Now as to the defective part.

Just because it PLAYS fine does not mean it's fine for ripping. A defective area can be in menu or other places. If you for example ever only play the main title and never any bonus features, and the problematic area is in one of the bonus features, then your player doesn't access the problem area. That doesn't mean the problem area magically stops being there. The human eye can't see microscopic defects on a disc, a drive laser can.

If the laser hits such an area, then the rip can fail. We see this constantly on these forums.

But all of the above is speculation without that logfile.

I was able to find software that removed all the restrictions and everything as I said played and operated fine from the get go and copied in both MKV and MPEG in pretty fast time.

The one portion I needed was indeed from the Bonus Material Section.

Thanks for responding last night,
JY

I was able to find software that removed all the restrictions and everything as I said played and operated fine from the get go and copied in both MKV and MPEG in pretty fast time.

The one portion I needed was indeed from the Bonus Material Section.

Thanks for responding last night,
JY

What other software does is irrelevant. This is the anydvd forum, and if you want anydvd to support the disc (this could be anything from a drive problem to multiple protection mechanisms) you NEED TO PROVIDE A LOGFILE. Without it we cannot help you, end of story.

Back